Day 45
46 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Day 45,

I wonder if the nature sprite reads my journal.  Can it even read?  Or maybe it’s more aware of what I get up to in town than I thought.  At any rate, it hid all the crystals in my house while I slept, bright, dim, and dun.  I spent enough time looking for them that Cass showed up on my doorstep wondering why I didn’t meet her on the road.  She ended up being the one to find the last one I was looking for when she mentioned she saw a glow under my porch when she was walking up.  Before I could even say anything she was already shouldering off her backpack and crawling under.  Honestly, when she emerged a couple of minutes later holding a crystal in one hand and brushing off dirt and mud with the other I got the impression she was disappointed that she didn’t wind up seeing the sprite for herself.

That most recent prank dealt with, we headed for the Village.  Along the way I made what might have been a mistake in bringing up what I saw yesterday with the floating island and Siren Overlook.  Before yesterday hitching a ride on a floating island was a purely hypothetical adventure.  Cass had heard stories of people doing so but didn’t know how they went about doing it or where any suitable boarding points were.  To say that she was excited to hear about one being so close to the Village would be an understatement.  The rest of our walk to the archive she pressed me for any detail I could remember and started listing off things we’d need for an expedition.  At this point I fear that if I were to ever step foot on that island without her she might not ever forgive me.

As one might imagine, between our trip tomorrow and that hypothetical future trip it was somewhat difficult to concentrate on much else today.  I did wind up asking Cass some questions and looking through the archive both about the crystal cavern and about who might have built a structure on that floating island, but didn’t find anything I didn’t already know on either topic from either source.

Eventually, we called it an early night so we could wake up early tomorrow.  Once again I’ve entrusted Cass with the key and instructions to come wake me up if I don’t manage to do so on time in my windowless cave of a room.

Now, as I get ready for bed, I find my mind wandering back to this morning and how the sprite’s “prank” of locking me in the house was on my first mist day/night and how the time it woke me up sitting on my chest in a threatening manner ensured that I was awake and making my way back to the Village before nightfall (sort of).  If those weren’t just coincidence and actually were attempts to help me disguised as messing with me, it makes me wonder what might be in store tomorrow given this morning’s hindrance.

4