Day 88
40 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Day 88,

As I sort of expected, Cass showed up at my door this morning.  She put on a show of knowing I was fine since the feeling from the bracelet yesterday only lasted a few seconds, but I think that show itself was sign enough that she’d been worried.

I apologized for… well, not for making her worry since I didn’t want to call her out on that, so just simply apologized, and gave her the same explanation I gave Lin and Vernon yesterday and shared our theory as to the why of it all.

Cass told me that she was going to tell her parents that I’d had a run-in with a jungle cat that had wandered down south but gotten away unharmed.  I asked if she really wanted to lie to them like that.  She said that if this all ultimately was caused by the floating island trip and that put me in danger, she didn’t want them using that as a reason to forbid her from going on further expeditions.

Makes sense, but I still counseled against it.  Seemed like the sort of thing that could cause unexpected consequences or complications in the long run.  Also, lying.  That said, I couldn’t bring myself to tell her what to say, just gave my advice and view on the matter so she can make her own decision.

Other than that, we shared breakfast, moved the conversation to lighter topics, and then walked up the path back to the road before splitting off our separate ways, me toward the Village and her back to the farm.

I should have brought up the idea of going back to the cathedral sometime.  Oh well, I’ll have other chances.

Not much else of note today.  Back to the usual routine in the archive.  I think I’m finally nearing completion of the reorganization/re-shelving project that I’ve been working on since I got here, so that’s exciting in a mundane task completion sort of way.

2