Day 91
33 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Day 91,

Morning thought: Do dogs not exist at all in this world, or do they just not live on this island where the Village is?  Is there an island of dogs out there?  If there is, why haven’t they been brought here?  I’m pretty sure humans and dogs usually get along well together.

 

Meeting with Ka’ena yesterday made me remember a story.  Might use it for the equinox festival telling.  That story also involves a blacksmith’s daughter who eventually becomes the blacksmith for her village, but that’s about where the similarities end I think and it’s not the main focus.  Also it ends with her getting together with another woman, so that’s a bit different from Ka’ena as well.

It’s funny though, my memory of this particular story is fuzzier than most, and for some reason I find myself associating it with music, but I can’t recall the music at all.  Was it a song originally?  Or maybe an instrumental piece that was meant to go along with a story that I never witnessed firsthand?  Or maybe just meaning I personally assigned to a song.  If that last one is the case, is it proper for me to use it?  Would it be too presumptuous to tell a story I came up with instead of someone else’s?  Then again, I don’t know that it was me who came up with it.  And with the way all the stories already in the archive are transformed by memory and retelling, how much of their authorship lies with the original in whatever world outsiders come from and how much lies with the ones that brought them here?  I’ll admit, even with some of my own tellings I’ve done so far, parts have been less memory and more logical deduction from the parts I do remember in order to fill gaps.

If I can manage to remember enough details to feel comfortable I’ll write them down in here first.

3