Day 94
32 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Day 94,

Cleaned up the house and put blankets out on the couch.  Planning on offering Maiko a place to sleep once she gets in tonight.  Doesn’t seem right to just leave her to find a spot in the woods in the dark when she’ll probably be tired.

Just had the terrible thought of “what if she sleeps through the floating island’s docking since it’ll be in the middle of the night?”  Hope she realizes that.

 

Sun went down a while ago.  About to head out to go wait for Makio’s arrival.  Decided to wait until after dark so I’m less likely to get noticed leaving the Village.  We still haven’t told anyone about Maiko and I’d rather not have to answer questions about why I’m heading out.

Still no word from Lin.

 

I’ve taken a seat on the path right before it opens up onto Siren Overlook.  Don’t want the song putting me to sleep while I wait for the next few hours.

 

Saw a light coming up through the woods on the path behind me.  Lin’s shown up afterall.  Said that waiting for her parents to fall asleep and leaving a note was easier to deal with than trying to explain why she was going out.  

I said I was glad she came and that I’m sure Maiko will be too.  She changed the topic and asked if Cass or Vernon would be showing up.  I told her I hadn’t thought to bring it up with them and doubted Cass would be able to get away from her parents and all the way out here anyway.

And now she’s giving me funny looks and poking fun at me for writing about things that just happened and about people who are right there instead of talking to them.

3