Day 106
44 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Day 106,

Morning thought: Did I mention beds are great?  Especially when you’re not constantly being woken up in the middle of the night.

Speaking of waking up, to my surprise Cass let me sleep in today.  I really must have looked tired yesterday.

Planning to spend the day going over lesson plans together since the next time we’re both here we’ll theoretically be  having our first literacy class.  I fully expect most of those plans to immediately go out the window because dealing with small children, but better to have some preparation than none.  Because I don’t feel qualified for this at all.

 

I’d planned to write about yesterday’s trip to the ruins tonight, but instead I spent the last two hours tearing apart the house looking for this journal.  It surprised me how much its going missing disturbed me.  The first volume I could understand; there’s a lot in there.  But this one doesn’t even have that much yet.

Still, I kind of freaked out, going through every drawer, crack, and crevice in the house that the nature sprite might have moved it to.  For what I think was the first time, I lost my temper and shouted at the unseen sprite, telling it off.  I’ll tolerate a lot, but it seems messing with these journals is a breaking point of sorts for me.  In retrospect, anger’s probably not the smartest emotion to approach the nature sprite with given that I’m fairly certain I pose no threat to it whereas it very well could to me if it wanted to.

It was only when I gave up looking inside the house and started unlocking the front door to go search outside that I heard a shuffling thump from my bedroom.  Re-locking the door I went back to my room to find the journal where I’d left it.

On the bright side, maybe after this ill-received prank it won’t do the nighttime scratching again for a while.

3