Day 108
35 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Day 108,

No scratching noises last night.  Maybe it was the rain.  Maybe the nature sprite just finally got bored with that bit.  

 

Once again I almost forgot that I was requested to do a private telling for a party tonight.  At least this time around there were specific stories requested in advance so that takes off some of the pressure of trying to pick the right story to suit an audience I don’t know very well.  

On the other hand, there’s the fact that the audience will actually be having expectations to live up to.  I should probably spend the day reviewing the copies of those stories from the archive and practicing instead of just winging it.

Especially after how the equinox performance went.

 

Well, that went well, if tiring.  I needed that confidence boost.  Still not sure if the fact that no one mentioned the equinox telling is proof that I did badly that night or evidence that no one has any criticism to make.

After the birthday party I performed at for the other clothing payment, I was expecting to arrive partway through festivities, partake of just enough refreshment to be polite, and then leave once I was done.  That didn’t quite wind up being the case.  For starters, there weren’t really “festivities” to speak of.  Not really a party so much as a group of adult friends hanging out for a break from routine and looking for entertainment for the evening.  Beyond that, while I’d initially thought the advance requests of multiple stories was to give me a repertoire for them to pick from, the expectation was in fact to tell several in a row.  With breaks.  As such, while the first story was payment for a previous service rendered, the encores were paid for in food and libations.

So, while it went well, it also went longer than I had anticipated.  Between the late hour, the marathon speaking, and simply being in a room with people for that extended period, I’m too exhausted, physically, mentally, emotionally, to write much more tonight.

2