Day 110
33 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Day 110,

Rain again this morning.  It seems I’m going to need to get used to wet clothes and mud once more.  At least I have boots now instead of just sandals.

 

Rain stopped before I left the house this morning and started again ten minutes before I got to the library.  Just long enough for me to get thoroughly soaked before stopping again.  At least I managed to keep this journal wrapped up in my lunch basket and relatively dry.

Just hoping now that no one shows up while I’m still trying to get my clothes dry.  Perhaps I should keep a spare set or two here?

 

I’m an idiot.  I have a hooded cloak.  In a place where cold isn’t a concern, keeping dry is the main point of such a garment.

 

Slow day.  Seems people are still getting used to the rhythm of the rainy season again and aren’t going out much.

It occurs to me that I’m not just going to be dealing with a bunch of children, I’m going to be dealing with a bunch of wet, rain-soaked children each morning, aren’t I?  What joy.

Now that I’m thinking about kids walking through the rain though, I wonder how families out in the outskirts deal with the schooling.  Surely they’re not walking the whole way each morning and evening?  Maybe they put them up with relatives in the Village proper for weeks at a time?  It sounds like Cass will be doing some of that with Norman and Marva once lessons start so she can help out more with the apprenticeship.  Not a whole lot of farm work for her to be missing out on once the rains really start in earnest.

 

No rain on my way back home this evening.  As much as I sometimes enjoy being out in the rain voluntarily, it’s much less pleasant when it’s no longer a choice and you have things you want to keep dry.

At least the cistern’s getting filled up.  Nice to have water pressure again.

2