Day 141
17 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Day 141,

Morning thought: Waking up and hearing someone moving around in the house while living alone is terrifying.  Waking up and hearing someone moving around in the house while living with a friend is comforting.  Unless that movement is what woke you up in the first place, I suppose.

 

Laundry’s still damp.  Hard to dry things indoors with this much humidity.  Rain’s finally let up though.  For a time at least.  First time seeing the sun unobscured in a few days.  The yard’s mildly flooded, but not enough to come up past the first step.  I’m actually a bit surprised I haven’t seen this happen before now.  Might have to do with the very slight current I’ve noticed.  There must be enough of an incline somewhere that I haven’t noticed to let the rainwater slowly drain away.  Very slowly.

I’ve taken the opportunity to hang up the laundry on the porch to help it finish drying.  I’d hoped to stop by and visit Pat this afternoon, but it looks like my return to the Village is going to be delayed for a while waiting on this.

In the meantime, Maiko’s gone to go check on her boat and make sure it wasn’t damaged in the storm.

Guess that leaves me to sit and watch for clouds lest the rain return and undo the drying.

 

Back in the archive for the night.  Rain picked back up again as I reached the Village, so that was the proverbial nail in the coffin (probably not a proverb they have here, now that I think about it) on visiting Pat today.  Everything’s ready to go for class tomorrow though.  And with the storm yesterday there weren’t any library requests pending.

I wonder if I’m getting out of shape from not making that walk between the house and the library every day any more, or if it just feels that way because when I do make that commute these days I’m lugging a load of laundry and getting rained on.

1