Chapter 1 : The beginnings
21 3 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Welcome to a world of modern appearance, where only the strongest have the power to decide the laws of this universe, a world divided between factions that compete for control of the different kingdoms and territories that make it up.

This world is home to people with excessive powers, but also to the weak, a world full of contradictions. Each person can obtain powers, but the most powerful are distinguished by their affinity with the energy buried deep within each of us, their work, their emotions, their foolproof mind, as well as their boundless imagination.

These powerful groups are grouped into associations, parties, guilds, groups in order to influence as much as possible the decisions taken in the particular kingdom of Alltear.

Alltear’s political system is unique: a court where every decision of the kingdom and all laws are passed is at the center of political balance. All the different factions are represented, and can submit bills, decisions, challenge them, or make changes to them according to their ideals and objectives.

The only way to decide them is to fight.

The number of fighters, the rules of the duel, the stakes, everything is decided in advance, the strongest wins.

The judge? The winner!

As for royalty, it does not exist, or at least not as usual. The king of Alltear has the power to alter two on all the existing conditions of duels if he deems them too unfair and unfair.

The king is chosen every three years from among the various factions, regardless of his rank or strength, but according to his knowledge of the kingdom and its history, as well as his purity of heart and benevolence, quantified during his election in the temple dedicated to the founding goddess of the kingdom, where he received his blessing and regained them.

 

It is in this realm that lives the hero of this story, Arthur Lumen, member of one of the three most powerful families of the kingdom’s capital, Asaras.

 

We find our young hero in one of the residences of the lumen family in Farvand, the most popular resort in the kingdom.

 

From the top of the training ground, alone as usual, a man with a dark appearance would take the stomachs in a halo of light. The sun at its highest setting set the atmosphere ablaze, but the man with his training sword tirelessly continued his exercise despite the stifling heat.

“ha” “ho” “ouuf”

Then suddenly fell to the ground, totally out of breath

“pffffouuu, there’s no way to last more than ten hours in this heat”, “well, it’s time to go home, don’t bother to endure the sermons of these fake-ass tutors.”

He picked up his linen overcoat with golden cross motifs, symbol of the family, and began to walk down the hill towards the residence below.

“ahh if only I could find someone who really cares about me, who would be really helpful to me, not like all these hypocrites around me.”

He atoned in an umpteenth sigh.

These complaints had almost become a tradition when he returned home from training.

He continued to dwell on his past, to say the least painful.

Arthur was born into the Lumen family on the holy day in the capital. His birth, seen as a blessing at first, turned into a nightmare for the entire assembly present for this feast day.

While the festivities were in full swing, the king of the time, Lewis plaesias approached near the cradle of the newborn in order to realize the ritual blessing (when a child of high lineage was born), began the sacraments.

However, something disturbed the king, but he could not detect it.

What’s going on, his presence bothers me, it’s as if he has several energy sources in him”

“Normally every normally constituted person possesses only one essence of energy, a constant flow that flows through the whole body, one and the same unfathomable force, a reflection of the soul…”

“But this child… I’ve never seen that…”

“It seems that its energy is divided into two distinct entities, as if two very different species inhabited it.”

One of them has a very sinister aura, I will try to appease it thanks to the faculties of the goddess, fortunately I am there, only the king having obtained the blessing of the goddess has the power to distinguish the flows of energies in order to judge the purity and strength of each » said the king in his heart of hearts.

 

When suddenly the pupils of the newborn child were held in such a deep black, with small black flames around, like a sun from darkness; a frightful, icy aura spread throughout the room, causing many of the guests to lose consciousness.

About ten seconds later, the oppressive aura had disappeared, and the child began to cry.

The still conscious guests, for whom these seconds seemed an eternity, rushed in shouting all kinds of frightened cries at the exit and fled from the sumptuous abode.

Only the closest ones had remained, including the king, still in shock.

The king had a panic attack and before he fainted, he, who was closest to the child, uttered the following words in a voice distorted by fear and anguish:

“Such a being cannot exist, his life is nothing but an aberration, holy goddess, how could you tolerate the creation of such a monster…”

That was the king’s last words before he fainted at the foot of the cradle.

 

The news soon reached the capital, and, in order not to cast disgrace on the family, little Arthur was sent to the holiday residence at Farvand; now seen as a demon by the people of high society, treated like an outcast by his parents who had no choice but to keep him alive because he was the only heir, and now surrounded by frightened people at first. Time passed, and disgust prevailed over fear…

His guardians now attracted by the lure of gain, and the social elevator he represented, finally resolved to accept to raise him.

 

It was in this environment, filled with hatred and falsehood, that Arthur grew up.

All he had for himself was the fear he inspired, which allowed him to stay away from danger, as well as the icy aura he poured into the room without restraint whenever he was upset or lied to…

 

 

The last step of the staircase leading to the hill drew Arthur out of his dark thoughts, and advanced towards the backyard of the residence, the den of all his misfortunes.

 

«Where were you still a young master? Stop disappearing for days on end, we were very worried»

Said a hoarse voice at the gate entrance.

She was his tutor, whom he hated more than anything.

 

“(…Tsss, if he could stop going to his hill all the time, if anything happened to him, it would be all that money I was given to keep him that would fly away…)”

 

Without even answering her, Arthur looked at her with a black look and entered the residence.

The tutor stepped back several steps in a frightened manner.

“(…You insolent little boy, if you didn’t bring me so much it would have been a long time since I got rid of you…)”

 

In a foul mood as usual, Arthur thought very strongly at that moment to make her disappear before eventually changing his mind.

He continued to walk through the rich mansion towards his apartments.

Once he arrived in his apartments, he started by taking a shower, to clean up his long day.

His half-long, jet-black hair shone under water and light, and his body sculpted by his years of training seemed to appreciate this moment of relaxation.

However, something worried Arthur; for several days a mark of a divine white had appeared on his right index finger; it was during one of his multiple training sessions, he had not returned at night to perfect his techniques. He kept on beating, under a full moon so dazzling that it would have seemed like daylight. He made a pose and took the opportunity to look at this moon which fascinated him, he then extended his hand towards the moon, index-finger forward, as if he wanted to touch it with the tip of his finger; it was then that the white mark appeared on his finger.

At first too captivated by what he was staring at, he did not notice these white lines on his index finger; it was when he resumed his training that he saw her. He stopped his shot, astonished, then he remembered that he had seen it when he had reached out his hand and quickly made the connection with the moon, without understanding why…

Have you like it?
  • yes (why?) Votes: 2 100.0%
  • no (why?) Votes: 0 0.0%
Total voters: 2
0