Chapter 13: Kk.
233 2 13
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 13: Kk.

One week later...

The demon lord was sitting at the sofa fiddling with her phone still typing like a grandmother using mainly her pointing fingers to push the buttons on every letter of the alphabet.

If Lucinda could see her now...

And since it was their apartment complex, Azel could actually not hide her black cat ears and tail. It was all out, the tail wagging into the soft smooth surface of the sofa. It felt better to let her inner demon out often.

Ping!

[Annoying Witch has messaged you!]

"..." (Azel) looked at the app notification. She clicked on it and saw a link sent by the pink haired witch, it seems to be another cat video compilation of them being entranced by a small circular red dot.

"Hmm..." she didn't know how to respond to it. This has been their ninth time exchanging cat videos over from mewtube.

Truly it had more videos that could educate her on how to behave like a proper modern human but she chose to spend her late night evening on watching her subjects behave so entranced by moving things.

To be honest... she couldn't help herself from being entranced by the circular red dot as well.

A sound of an opening door made her ears perked up and realized it was her servant Geoffrey coming back to their apartment. "Master, I'm home. I also have all the documents and IDs you need all made in a rush. Have you rested up for tomorrow?" he called out to the demon lord as he was taking his shoes off.

"I have rested Geoffrey. You know demons don't require sleep." (Azel) stands up to greet her old servant who was carrying a lot of paperwork and decided to help carry them to not burden him.

"Master you need not to-"

"I'll go put them by the table in the living room. This is rather heavy, you should've told me you were going to carry this much Geoffrey." she scolded her servant, clearly a bit worried. Geoffrey sighs, it seems he won't be able to service the demon lord much for long however he wants to do his best until his dying breath to the demon lord.

"Master, did you brush your teeth after you ate yet?" (Geoffrey) asks and the demon lord's wagging tail stops.

Azel turned around and replied awkwardly, "I... have not." her tail drooping down forgetting to brush her teeth, embarrassed that her servant reminded her of it. "I will do it after."

She puts the paperwork at the table, taking a page before scanning the contents of it. "This is the adoption papers?" (Azel) reads further down and confirms that it indeed was the adoption papers for her to join the Hua Lin family.

"Yes. We'll just need you to sign it but now you're a part of them. The family had no say in it after it was announced, you'll be meeting them some other time in family reunion. I am sure they will like you." (Geoffrey) smiled so widely, the old wrinkles on his forehead could be seen clearly. He was so excited for his master to meet the other descendants of their proud family.

She never did it before, fearing that someone would get hurt or inconvenience them with her bad luck. "If I won't be staying in the family reunion for a week. Then I will be delighted to meet them."

"I have also packed your uniform. I made sure it is the correct size this time, so there are no mistakes." (Geoffrey) takes out the neat looking uniform in a bag he was carrying and offers it to the demon lord who feels the plastic wrapped around it.

It contained a dark blue vest with a Lily flower as the crest of the school. "I did not know if you would prefer the skirt or the pants, master. So I managed to grab a hold of both." He holds the skirt with his right hand and the pants by the left.

"Which one would you like to wear, master?"

She was about to ask, what would Isabella prefer but- she forgot Geoffrey doesn't really know her bride to be.

"Give me a moment." (Azel) takes out her phone and proceeds to text the only person she knows who can help.

She types the question and sends it.

Azel: What do you think Isabella would prefer, pants or skirt?

Ping!

Immediately Lucinda responded.

Annoying Witch: I don't know- should I ask her?

The demon lord bit her lip and decided that the source will be most likely be better. So she proceeds to send a thumbs up emoji before telling Geoffrey to wait some more.

Ping!

Annoying Witch: She says- why the random question but then I practically begged for her to answer the question or else my life is in danger- but heyyy~! She said she would prefer a skirt <3

Azel: Thank you.

Annoying Witch: Aw don't tell me you're going to wear pants tomorrow~ you're really planning to give the best first impression that you can't T^T I ship it. I'll see you at school tomorrow~

Azel tilts her head at another slang she doesn't know. Ship it? Would she like a boat or something like that? She shakes her head, deciding to leave the witch on read, turning to Geoffrey.

"I'll wear the skirt." she points at the skirt her servant was holding. Geoffrey bows at her request.

"Then I will iron it for tomorrow. Don't forget to sign the papers, master, before you retire for the night." (Geoffrey) reminds her like a kind nagging grandfather.

The demon lord followed Geoffrey's instructions and signed all the things that were needed. Perhaps he was one of the only few humans that Azel will ever listen to.

Scribble... scribble..

After a few more minutes of signing some papers. Azel stands up stretching her arms back feeling tired from all that reading making sure that the contract in front of her didn't have any loophole.

Another weakness of demons such as her are contracts. It is a meddlesome thing she can't destroy, same as the promises that she makes to others. "Hmm... I will brush my teeth and lay my body down at the soft bed." she tells Geoffrey who was at the side of the room ironing her uniform.

While her maid instincts want her to be the one doing the ironing, she doesn't know how to navigate through the modern device. The one's she used before while tending her care to her Lady Cordelia was an iron needing coal for heat.

"I know that look master, don't do trifling things like these. Just rest, I'll be quick and then I will be there to wake you up." (Geoffrey) shoos the demon to her lair, also known as the bedroom before closing the door.

The demon lord holds her phone and charges it at the side of the bed table before completely surrendering her body at the soft touch of her bed.

It was... really soft and bouncy.

Her hands couldn't help brushing over the sheets, feeling nostalgic. "It was like my first night with Milady in her quarters."

While they didn't do much but just accompanied each other to sleep, truly the human maid she was before was deeply in love. Everything seemed to have reminded the demon lord of her presence.

"Milady, could it be possible that you and that girl are the same?" she mutters out, possibly thinking why would the deities above care to give her a bride now? And out of all of them, someone who looks and sounds exactly the same like Lady Cordelia.

Have they gone bored and decided to play with the feelings of the most powerful demon of all as their temporary pastime?

The demon groaned in her bed and decided to brush her teeth before coming back to close her eyes, drifting off to sleep. She still has no idea how she has the ability to eliminate her bad luck.

Tomorrow will be the day that she'll be going to school, she can't afford to give a bad first impression.

.-.-.-.-.

It was already morning. A few hours has gone by and it was five a.m. The demon lord's servant had a small nap before deciding to cook the demon lord her favorite breakfast.

Bacon and eggs with some toast on the side. If he recalls correctly, his master prefers caramel coffee in order to stay awake, she dislikes bitter things and anything chocolate.

He pours the hot water over her black up. Seeing that his work was done, he takes off his apron and knocks on the demon lord's quarters. "Master, wake up. You'll be late for school." (Geoffrey) yells over the door.

Azel, having sensitive ears, heard it and groaned a little. "Alright... give me one moment." She feels like having a headache for no reason.

"I have your uniform ironed by the living room. You can grab it before taking a shower." he reminds her before leaving to sit down by the table.

"Ugh..." (Azel) was really not a morning person. It irks her to think she'll be needing to wake up like this everyday now. Since she doesn't really require sleep she could always stay up but for some reason her servant has been adamant on keeping her a good eight hour rest schedule like a normal human would.

The demon lord walks over to the bathroom, taking off her clothes exposing her tail as well as her ears. She was looking over the complicated shower buttons.

Not really buttons- but the handles confused her.

Does she push or twist these metallic things?

"Agh! Hisss!" she looks up after twisting one of the handles, the shower head begins dripping cold water onto her body. Well at least she was awake, she should've asked Geoffrey how these things worked before taking a shower.

Well she had no choice but just grit through the uncomfortable cold temperature and quickly got out of there.

Like most cats, she hates it.

She wears her bathrobe and takes the uniforms. The skirt seems to fit her perfectly even showing off her pale white legs that many women would envy. The blouse was fit and the vest made her look very... fancy and elite looking.

She brushed her long hair and practiced making expressions in the mirror.

"Greetings... My name is Azel Hua Lin. I am... your... new classmate." She tried introducing herself into the mirror and noticed how stiff her face was and sighed.

Do people these days say greetings?

Lucinda the witch didn't seem to say such introductions. It was too formal, the people of today must prefer casual introductions.

"Hello. My name is Azel Hua Lin, I am your new classmate." She tries once more but notices that she can't seem to get herself to smile no matter how she tries. She looked up and realized that she still had her ears out and the tail on the back.

Poof!

Viola it was gone.

The ears and tail might be adorable but it truly does give her a lot of problems blending in.

"Master our ride provided by Qiang is here." (Geoffrey) calls out to the demon lord who was looking over her vanity before she stands up feeling ready to face the crowds of unfamiliar humans.

The demon lord never pursued education and was all self taught, this will really be her first day at an academy she mustn't be late.

"Coming." (Azel) walks over quickly to her servant getting into the elevator and pushing the floor button before leaving to enter a really fancy looking limo. It was similar to those vehicles that would accompany celebrities to some gala or red carpet.

"Hmm... is it too excessive?" (Geoffrey) asks himself, perhaps this was too much. The demon lord has never used to standing out, he worries that when she gets there she'll be flocked by many students with ulterior motives.

"Will it make a good impression?" (Azel) asks innocently. Geoffrey sighs and nods because really, the limo will make too much of a good first impression.

"It will to many other students, a vehicle like this master shows how wealthy you are. Thus many people will get curious." (Geoffrey) tells his wholehearted honest opinion to the demon lord.

"Will er... do girls like vehicles like these?" (Azel) asked another question. Geoffrey almost coughed up blood, the demon lord is a girl herself but she dared to ask such a question-!

He doesn't know what to say this time- he's been a single dog whose only purpose in life is serving the demon lord he has no idea how to woo one!

"Erm... master, it would depend on the girl if she likes it. Some girls like cars and some do not." (Geoffrey) wipes off his sweat forming at his forehead feeling like he dodge a bullet after seeing his master nod in content.

At this point, Azel was wondering which type of girl Isabella was. Does she like limos or not?

If she likes it, should she buy her one?

"Hmm..." (Azel) held her chin in deep thought. She was imagining a scenario of buying Isabella a limo then earning a small kiss on the cheek as a reward- wait no!

With that small imagination, it was enough to get her cheeks a little red!

Geoffrey notices that the demon lord has stopped functioning. "Master, come now. Let us go inside before it gets any late." He opens the door for the demon lord and Azel realizes that he was right.

"Apologies. I must have been in deep thought." (Azel) shakes her head removing the Sapphic thoughts in her mind and enters inside the limo seeing the futuristic interior.

Geoffrey came inside afterwards and told the driver to head onto the school as fast as possible. "I have your printed schedule with me but I must apologize I will not be able to accompany you inside the academy when the time comes." he gives it to Azel who looks over it.

"Are all of these classes the same as hers?" she asks.

"Yes they are. My brother managed to pull some strings after donating a lot on one of their charity projects. Truly wealth can bring you a lot of power these days." (Geoffrey) explains and the demon lord nods in understanding.

Seeing that aspect never changed even now, the wealthy will always have an advantage on everything. Wealth doesn't bring you a lot of power these days, it's everyday.

"I will memorize them all before we arrive." (Azel) takes the printed schedule and begins reading it all over trying to memorize them.

It was rather short to which she was glad, it seems that the girl starts morning classes before leaving at two in the afternoon to go to her job before she picks up her sister.

A few minutes afterwards, inside the school Lucinda woke up unusually early to see her dearest bff in the whole world also known as the demon lord to make her so called 'first impression'. Clearly she has to take the whole thing on video!

And now that she has a new anti-bad luck charm, her phone screen will have no 'accidents' for example for some unknown reason it slips down your hand and breaks.

Lucinda sends a text message to Azel who was still in the car.

Her phone screen was all frilly and pink, she got the demon lord's social name and even made her a funny nickname similar to Isabella's.

Most Prettiest Witch: Heyyy~ where are u? (7T^T7)

Boomer Demon Lord: ...typing.

"Hmm... so weird why is she typing so slow? My message has been sent out for two minutes- don't tell me she's typing with only her index finger!" she grits her teeth in anger feeling all those how to use a cellphone lessons were all in vain!

But she understands that it was still her first week of using a cellphone so she has to be patient. "Whew... those anger issues management therapy helps." (Lucinda) decided to scroll down on some real murder crimes podcasts to listen to when finally-

Ping!

Boomer Demon lord: I am currently sitting in a limousine luxury car that's colored black, it seems that we'll be close to the school, currently on the highway. The traffic is a little worse but we'll be fine.

"Wow she even replies like a boomer." (Lucinda) laughs typing away on her phone.

Most Prettiest Witch: Kk~!

Meanwhile the demon lord is in the car...

"Geoffrey. What does- kk mean...? Is this some human code for help?" (Azel) shows him the text message and tilts her head in confusion.

"Oh master, I believe it's just short for okay." (Geoffrey) explains fixing the demon lord's bag filling it up with books and pens.

"Hah? This witch couldn't even do a simple task of putting okay and hitting send?!" (Azel) felt furious at how the old words now have alternative short abbreviations.

Meanwhile Lucinda:

“Wait, did she just say limousine?! That shit is overkill but heck! Now I need to get all this on video!”

She was excited that her phone almost slipped.

“Get what on Video?”
Oh just my friend coming out of a- oh scholarship girl-!” (Lucinda) smirked seeing the scholarship girl in front of her. Wouldn’t it be funny if she got this girl’s reaction on seeing the demon lord’s first impression on school?

“Hey Isabella~ why don’t you accompany me while I wait for my friend?” truly, she was wingwoman material. Lucinda smiles feeling like the demon lord owes her one again.

Thank you to my patreon!
Platymage

13