Chapter 9: Damn demon cat!
206 1 13
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 9: Damn demon cat!

After the ice cream and the convenience store trip. The witch decided to even escort her new bff to their home but the demon lord's bride isn't too keen on having other people know where she lived.

"I think... you should go Ms. Lockheart-"

"Come on! Call me Lucinda!" The pink haired girl nudges the light brown curly haired figure who bites her lips feeling the foreign name leaving her lips.

"Right... Lucinda. We're close to my home so you don't need to… you know... I can take it from here." (Isabella) holds onto her little sister's hands a bit tighter before smiling politely. "I promise to pay you back as soon as I can."

Lucinda looks down at the short petite girl and snorts out a little laugh. "Alright~ just like take your time and all that. See you at school?" The witch felt like someone was watching their every move so she decided to be off early.

Clearly... they seem to be targeting the demon lord's bride.

A bunch of innocent humans would suffer much more if they met the demon so she decided to give her a little favor to come back from when she needs to.

However, Isabella didn't notice a single thing and just wanted to get her sister back home to cook some ramen dinner with her again. "Mm. See you at school. Emily you can wave bye if you want."

"Bye bye! Isa's friend! I'll eat more cotton candy to change my hair color the next time you see me!" (Emily) shouts out proudly earning a confused look from her older sister and a little glare at the pink haired witch who was laughing nervously.

The truth is- she just dyed her hair pink but a witch has always known to have some harmless pranks now and then.

"Y-Yeah! But ask your sister if it's okay alright? Too much sugar will mess up your stomach." (Lucinda) waves off to the other direction while making sure to glance back sometimes to see the two figures safely going up to their apartment.

"Whew..." she mutters out in relief knowing that both of them are alright. If the demon lord knew that they got hurt under her watch, she doesn't think she'll be alive the next time she visits her...

"Mm~ now that's over..." (Lucinda) hums happily, taking a small pack of bubblegum out of her skirt pocket before plopping it into her mouth. The sweet flavor of gum left a good mood as she turned to leave the gates of the building.

"The friend is moving. The target is inside the apartment. We'll have her and the little sister paying their debts soon." The other humans wore the same suits at the loan sharks expected for the pink haired teen to just go away as expected.

They took some binoculars out of their suit and looked up to peak at the curtains to which Isabella quickly closed it for safety.

"They closed the curtains but we'll be good to move in-" (Loan shark)

"Hey~ what are you like- looking at? Ew... are you using that to spy on them? You creep." (Lucinda) appears behind him while riding her broom.

The four other men who had a muscular figure were surprised to see the same pink haired teen that was accompanying their target was now riding a broom and- flying?!

"What the hell?!" (Loan shark) puts down the binoculars by his side and this irritates the witch who sets down his broom right to his level and kicks the binoculars out of his hands for punching his face.

"Ungh! My face!" he holds the side of his face that was kicked almost fainting to the ground but he was built very well.

"I'm not a violent witch... but like what you did was so just not cool. Peaking on a girl- shame on you. The demon's bride too- do you know what she'll do to you bunches?" (Lucinda) places her hands onto the skirt of her pockets before scoffing, taking out a wand and pointing it at the four loan sharks.

A witch with a wand- raising it towards a human would be... illegal.

But what the witch court won't know!

Won't hurt them! Besides... she can erase their memories away in a bit anyways!

The loan shark still weirded out by the flying broom just found the whole stick pointing funny. "Huh? And what will you do with a stick little girl?" he laughs a little nervously but the other loan shark nudges his side telling him to shut up.

Lucinda rolls her eyes sassily before giving it a flick. "Erasing your memories and why you were here would be first. I like- don't hate humans but you guys tick me off."

With a light graving off at the tip of the wand. The other loan sharks felt afraid and wanted to run so they did. They ran as much as they could but the witch blocked their only escape by making a part of the ground rise up trapping them.

"Wallamaria." she chants for the first spell.

The loan sharks screamed for help. "HELP! PLEASE! THIS CRAZY WOMAN IS FLYING WITH A BROOM!"

"A-A WITCH!"

"NO ITS A FREAK! A MONSTER!"

The witch felt like this is all too boring, she couldn't help herself from plopping to sit at her broom staring at the bunch of humans she trapped at the side.

If she ever killed a human the court will never let her out and use magic ever again and that will surely suck for a proud modern witch like her.

"That's like insulting. I'm a cute witch slash girl slash monster slash freak. Humans are so rude." She lazily tells the loan sharks who pull out their gun and begin shooting at the girl planning to kill her.

Bang! Bang! Bang!

"Scutum Lightea." (Lucinda) brings up another spell summoning a shield of light to protect her from the piercing silver bullets. She worried that other humans might hear the horrible gun sounds and it would attract many more so she decided to put up another spell in the meantime. "Obex Clastrum."

A huge barrier covered up their small area and now the shooting sounds will not escape outside the barrier and will only be heard from the inside.

Bang! Bang! Bang!

The shooting continued until all the loan sharks ran out of bullets to use.

Click! Click! Click!

Several clicks went off as the four looked at each other and realized they were doomed. Lucinda finally waves off her wand getting out of her broom walking at the same ground they were in. "Well then boys~ didn't your mother ever tell you to not play with things that could potentially hurt others?"

"Mine certainly did."

Lucinda's brown eyes seemed to have glowed for a moment before revealing a wide smile. "Too bad my weapon of choice is far more dangerous to play with. Magic is after all... quite much for a human to handle."

She flicks her wand once more, the glow at the tip of the wand followed wherever she flicked. "Leviteo Aer." with this spell all of the four men glowed and began levitating through the air, panicking, screaming their hearts filled with shock not believing that all of this is real.

A teenage girl is literally making them float into the air! How utterly surreal is that?!

"No! No! This can't be happening! I skipped my daughter's birthday for this!" one of the men shouted crying out and Lucinda put him down to the ground first.

Thud!

His bottom landed through the concrete floor and asked seriously the stare of her eyes unwavering, "Hey. What's more important to you? Peaking on a teenage girl in her apartment or spending time with your daughter."

The man stopped for a moment before answering with no hesitation. "My daughter..."

Lucinda smiles softly before placing the wand onto his head chanting, "Memor Editus." The spell she used was for her to edit the victim's memory with ease because she's been an experienced witch.

If a novice tried this spell, sometimes the caster would edit parts of their memories into the victims by accident. A fun spell indeed! Now the humans would think they're also a witch and pursue a course in magic!

That's how lunatics are made!

Lucinda took a while but soon she turned to the newly reborn man who just got his memory edited. Taking whatever happened into the past hour into trash, altering his memories. The loan shark with a confused face was now looking at a pink haired teen girl softly smiling at him.

Lucinda didn't mean to but- she went through this man's memories and knew everything she needed to know. "Hello there! You must be lost! I saw you lying on the ground like- fainted and all but I totally saved you mister." she helps the man up from the ground and he takes it kindly looking around the now completely normal alleyway.

The walls that were trapping them disappeared, the other loan sharks were still floating very high up and Lucinda made sure to add the same spell from before that would put a sound barrier on them so no one would hear their awful screaming.

"I see... what... date is it today?" he asks the girl while holding his head feeling a slight ache.

"About the seventeenth of the seventh month." she replies to the man whose eyes open wide and quickly fixes himself remembering that today was his little girl's birthday. A happy occasion but why was it that he's spending his time out in a dump like this instead of buying her cake.

"I owe you my thanks, I need to go. My wife must be looking for me." his smile seemed so genuine while waving his goodbyes at the witch who waves back happily. He made sure to give his daughter the best cake and food she'll have because he plans to eat out at their favorite place.

Once he left she made sure to put back the walls up again before continuing with the second loan shark of the day. "So~ who's next?" she looks up at the floating men who struggle to escape while floating. They tried to run and scream some more but it was all for naught.

The witch has them where she wants them.

.-.-.-.-.

"Geez. That took a lot of me. I had to edit four memories today... ugh if my mom knew about this I'll be grounded for life without my wand." she complains while riding her broom to visit the oh so powerful demon lord in her isolated home.

The wind in her face blew as she rode the broom with speed.

The potion that was brewing back home to fill up the power of the charm seemed to have worked. Now this will surely last up to at least a month! Hypothetically that is... she's just hoping it can last for two weeks again because the demon lord's bad luck is one to fear when she's not in the mood for talking.

"Ah there's her little cottage at." (Lucinda) notices the familiar small cottage and plops down onto the green grass feeling the countryside air.

"You know this would totally be a lovely home ten out of ten- but this place has no wifi or any service so a negative one out of ten. Hmph, I doubt the internet company would extend this far anyways." she complains while tidying up her school uniform facing the cottage door.

Knock! Knock! Knock!

Lucinda knocks onto the door and waits for someone to answer.

Usually she would just enter through the window but that was when she wasn't welcome to the demon lord's home. Now that she's had the consent to visit once more- "Hey~ I'm back! And with juicy tea this time!"

She definitely has a lot of things to show regarding Isabella. Jeez, it was a lot of work but hopefully she'll be rewarded for her hard work.

"Mm~ Mm~" (Lucinda) waits patiently to realize no one was definitely answering her this time and she stomps her feet angrily. "Oh come on! That's it I'm busting through the window again!" she pointed at the door in a frenzy and walked to the side of the house.

The same window she was sneaking in through had a note. "Huh?"

This wasn't here the last time she snuck in.

Did the demon lord leave this for her?

"Hmph! Why didn't she just leave it at the front door like a normal person- oh right... technically this is where I have been entering so she must've thought I would use this window again." The pink haired girl sighs disappointingly, taking the note in her hands and reads the contents of it.

With every sentence she read, her face grew more red. "What?! They moved in the city we're in?! Why didn't you tell me beforehand before letting me fly here for three hours straight! Damn demon cat!" (Lucinda) stomps her foot to the ground feeling exhausted with all this traveling.

Our poor witch summoned her broom once more and this time... it was to go to the address pinned on the note. 

Thank you to my patreon!
Platymage

13