Cp.1_A New Chance
158 7 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Shirnx backstory:

My name is Shirnx teshu I used to have a pretty normal life, I am 25 years old woman and a over worked office worker before that day changed my life completely. My parents left us when I was 18 years old with 2 of my siblings barely feeding them all these years with a minimum wage salary. I may had a very miserable life but what keeps me going and keep on looking on the bright side of life are my obsession with romance novels and my care for two younger siblings I must protect.


The hot sunny day, shinning the whole city. As I woke up for work to a familiar calm rhythm and tidy up my bed while checking the time and pack my bag with of course my favorite novel on my hand.

 “Good I’m not late”

I check on my siblings and prepare them for school, an hour had passed and everyone is ready as they left our apartment after waving goodbye to each other. It was a normal sunny day with a light breeze, it was very calming. I took the morning bus and dropped off at the nearest stop a few hundred meters from my workplace. Before that, there is a crosswalk I have to cross first. While walking towards it I froze when I heard a yell followed by a cry as I watched a girl who injured her leg on the crosswalk and a sleeping truck driver without any sign of slowing down, everyone there just froze.

Since i was the closest to the crosswalk and wanting to cross anyway, i felt my body moved by itself without hesitation i closed the distance and push the girl lightly but enough for the girl to not get hit, time feels very slow as i saw the truck speeding towards me, at this point I am still in the air and got hit hard by the truck. I am now on the ground and felt unbearable pain all over my body as I slowly lose my consciousness just before that i was looking at my favorite novel opened on the first page still placed on my right hand. And everything went black.

Screams started to dimmed out as i fell in a deep sleep.

“Am I going to die? Not yet… My siblings…I still need to-“ I managed to say barely.

It was all still dark, I can’t feel my body but I am still conscious.

“Huh where am I, how long do I have to wait? And what happens after death?”

It felt like an eternity when i saw a little spark of light in front of me slowly increasing in size as I can see an image of a old man dressed in white with a fan in his left hand and a book on his right hand as he exits the large enough circle.

“He looks like a priest but more…holy?” I muttered in my thoughts.

“Welcome to the realm where souls are brought to after death, here we will pick what to do with you based on what you did in your previous life” said the old man while opening his book.

“Yeah I’m dead, yet I’m pretty calm. Hundreds of questions filled my head. What will happen now? Who are you? Where am I? What will happen to my siblings when they know what happened?” I muttered again in my thoughts, I can’t seem to be able to speak at my current state.

“I am what humans call me God” the old main said while reading the book.

“Wait, was it an introduction or he can read my mind. More importantly, he’s God?!” I screamed in my thoughts.

“Yes my poor little soul, all the things that you did in your past lives are written here in perfect detail. You I must say, Lived a miserable life…”

I didn’t say anything and only did a imagery nod while having flashbacks of the hard times and the day my parents left me, all the things that leads to this very moment. I felt tears forming, yet I can’t wipe them off.

“Which is why you will have a second chance to reincarnate with your preferred world and your wishes, normal souls only have normal randomized reincarnation. But you lived a miserable life and saved a girl from the truck, you deserve this. You did well. You are strong”

I felt calmer by his words, he’s the real deal. His words motivates me, I did the right thing.

“Thank you!” I said in my thoughts.

“You’re welcome, now what are your preferred wishes, I shall grant them to the extent of my power” He said closing his book to listen to my request.

I suddenly remembered about your favorite romance novel story where that world feels safe, calm, beautiful, and much more. Every time i read that book i always have some time and imagine myself being the heroin engaged with the royal first prince as i did some lovely lovely flirt with the prince. I always wanted to go and feel it. Now is the chance!

“I would like to reincarnate to the world of my favorite romance novel and meet the characters!” I said without holding back, I’m such a simp…

“Well if that’s what you wish, I shall prepare the request. Any other request?” He said.

“I would like my second life with my past memories intact and a peaceful happy slow life!” I said enthusiastically.

“Then I shall grand you that wish, please wait here” He walked back as the golden circle from before appeared again and then close.

“No way! My next life will be a bliss! I can’t wait! It wouldn’t hurt to think what I should do later right?” I said full in thoughts.

I waited that feels very long as i slowly lose patience. Tapping my imaginary foot on the ground with my arms crossed.

“Sorry for the wait, there were something needed to be done” He said coming out of the golden circle behind me.

“Arrg! Woah, you shocked me!” I startled while taking a few step back.

“We have prepared everything for you, now we just need to move you into your new body. After your confirmation shortly, everything cannot be changed and your life must go on, you will also not meet me again but I will leave some of your memories meeting me before for you to know I’m still here” he said while moving his hand like he is using a big touch screen tv that I cant see.

“I think I’m done, I have no regrets. I’m ready to go!” I screamed in joy.

“Then I will take that as your confirmation, prepare yourself as you will be transferred to Shiwa” he said while creating some sort of portal under me.

“Shiwa? You mean the world of my favorite romance novel, Nice name! Thank you God and bye!” I screamed

Light started to fill below me and I closed my eyes, it was very bright as you suddenly thought.

“Wait, I haven’t pick who I wanted to be! Stop wait No!

Before I knew it I fell unconscious again, the familiar feeling after my death. I waited again and muttered.

“Who am I going to be? I hope I’m the pretty heroin” I muttered.

That was chapter one! This is also my first story. I will try my best to update this as fast as possible. Maybe around 1 chapter every 3-5days. Sorry for the short first chapter! So the next chapter Shirnx is going to wake up as the character she hates, you know from the title :)

If possible, do read a few more upcoming chapters that might hook you.

4