Vol 1 – Chapter 27 (Battle Royale 5)
836 4 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
  • 3rd Person POV

The event for Section C still going on as several players have been defeated & excluded from the battle.

Though… Magie still survived by hiding himself for quite a while until now that is. Two figures, a humanoid & lupine walking side by side seemingly in their own world.

The two figures leisurely move through the sandy dunes without a care in the world as several keen eyed players noticed them.

*BAM*

The sands from the desert burst forth as several players revealed themselves from underneath it and some appeared from thin air as their {Invisibility} is dispelled.

Multitude of arrows, magical projectiles being thrown towards the Magie & Umbra.

Someone stood in front of the debris & dust that come up from the attack and await outside, he already readied himself from any counter attacks by rising up his shield and sword. There’s no response from the two for a while.

In addition, multitude of metals & explosions can be heard outside the dust cloud with many players begun fighting against one another.

The reason why they started to fight, its because no one would want to initiate first knowing they would be killed near instantly by the ambush tactics. If one would do it, then they are a foolish player leading to a stalemate of hiding.

Though they are other reasons why, one of them is because they all knew that this mage is the one that caused the violent weather effect.

Its simple to figure out seeing each struct of lightning, gave an increase in points to ‘Magie Magia’ name in the ranking.  

The ambushing player glances to the side to see the point ranking panel. Yet, it doesn’t increase at all. He suspected something as the dust cloud have settled.

Magie’s & Umbra image still stand completely unharmed but a bit transparent to view through.

“An illusion?”

That is a very life-like illusion as the image vanishes resembling how a player got defeated.

“FUCK”

*CLANG

He shouted as he rises his shield deflecting an attack from a swordsman wielding player.

--

In a vast desert land a dome made of sand stands out from the dunes of this place. The sand dome suddenly collapses revealing two figures.

One is a wolf curling around a humanoid one who’s currently holding some kind of orb in front of his hand. Before long, it vanishes & dispersed to the air.

“Ah… they already killed it. I already expected that players would team up to find me. But this is too soon”

Magie sighed seeing it as the spell he conjured have been cancelled. His mind began to think of what he should do.

Obviously, he wanted to win the event to gain that GC so he can pay for his rent but seeing the path getting there becoming hard. He already prepared enough for now, but many variables have begun to come up.

“Sigh… I must adapt to any changes, but can I?”

Self-doubt bloomed inside his heart until he landed his gaze on Umbra.

“Ruff…?”

Umbra currently laying around and splayed himself enjoying the warm temperature from the blazing sun above the sky.

“As relaxed as ever…”

Magie chuckled looking at the dog a sense of ease calmed down his anxiety, as he starts.

*WHOOSH*

An item appeared on his hand, a wooden stamp as he held it and press it on the ground.

*TING*

It faintly glow in cyan blue and accompanied by it, a large magical circle have been deployed.

“Guh… that always took a lot of MP”

Ten thousand MP have been depleted from that large magical circle while Magie simultaneously activated his [Mana Gathering] skill to steadily recover his MP.

“Okay… first step complete at least. Huff… now on to the next”

As his MP have recovered, he deactivated the [Mana Gathering] and reactivate it again to reset the vulnerability stacks as he begun casting a spell.

That large magic circle helps in allowing him to cast higher tier spell he can do at an increased MP cost. Of course there are some spells that he couldn’t cast due to its over the limit of his Maximum MP.

His wolf companion stand on guard upon Magie casting the spell. The lupine intimidating figure is on a look out using his keen sense skill.

Magie have several imageries in his mind as he activate the spell. From how the mountains were made, the cycle of rain, multiday of those is in his mind. Until he raises his hand…

“{Breakthrough : Alter Terrain}!!!”

Soon after, the large magic circle cyan glow even brighter than normal with the [Mana Gathering] stacks increasing.

The constant battle between his MP depleting & replenished by his skill continues on as the spell activated.

--

Around this area of sand, something strange begun to occur. Clumps of sand begun to raise on their own into spires almost like claws reaching to the sky.

Then it turned into glass as if it had undergone the gruelling process & refining. Its crystalline structure refracted light from the sunlight making it glint.

Where Magia stand too, it slowly become glass until it becomes fully consumed by it. Creating an odd sight to behold almost the entire field is now transparent glass.

“it’s fitting for the name I guess…”

Hi-Tier spell, {Alter Terrain} a powerful transmutation effect that change the surrounding terrain to suit the caster needs.

Since it is already designated by the system that the current terrain is ‘Desert’. Magie was given several options to alter them and one of the option is ‘Glass Plain’

The ‘Glass Plain’ inflict continuous [Bleed] de-buff upon entering. This is shown by the shattering of the spires due to its brittle form. Its shards would inflict those de-buff. Naturally, the terrain wouldn’t affect the caster & their allies.

Though, the [Bleed] de-buff isn’t as strong as Oji-san since it couldn’t kill rather only leaving the afflicted HP to 1 point in HP.

--

“GRRR!!!”

Umbra stands up immediately and block a single arrow with his body taking the full brunt damage.

“Kiee!!”

“They are here already??”

Magie turn to the direction of where the arrow was unleashed. Fortunately, the spell already finished so the magical effect have settled. The large magical circle have already dimmed by itself as he deactivated [Mana Gathering] removing the vulnerability.

He begun to made a gesture on his hand attempting to cast another spell. As Umbra keep on the look out for another arrow launched at them.

“{Storm}”

Unnatural wind begin to pick up from somewhere as it cluster and congregate surrounding Magie & Umbra. Soon after, it whirls and spin in an incredible speed.

The spell create a whirlwind surrounding the user until the duration ends. The reason why Magie chose this spell to use is because its side-effect.

It is used to prevent physical projectiles to come close to him.

*WHOOSH*

Another arrow being shot from afar but upon reaching the area of the storm. Its being deflected and carried over as it flung far away.

“Tch…”

An Archer sat from afar wielding large longbow pursed his lip upon seeing what’s in front of him. Through the land of glass, he’s helped by the passive skill to allow him to aim from far away, but it come up as futile seeing the whirlwind that surrounded that mage.

“What should I do?”

That archer thought as he drew another arrow to nock his bow. But then…

Something emerge from below his shadow, a wolf as large as fully-grown bear appeared and unleashed its shadowed fangs to his shoulder.

“GUH!! What is this?”

That archer couldn’t react further as Umbra seeped his fangs deep into his shoulder. Almost instantly after…

*CRASH*

A bolt of lightning came out from the whirling winds in a straight line and immediately aimed at the archer.  

“GA-“

Upon impact, the archer figure disperses indicated that he’s defeated by Magie.

Within the swirling storm, multitude of small magic circles emerges & surrounded him. Magie already readied himself whilst activating his [Mana Gathering].

These small hovering magic circles, they are all have meta magic [Maximize] that increase the power of the spell. That is why his spell is stronger than before.

“Umbra! Keep on look out, you are my vision”

“WOOF!!!”

A firm reply came from the wolf as Magie shared view with what Umbra is seeing since the caster cannot see outside of the whirling winds. The lupine look at the scenery of glass field in front of him as its transmitted to Magie.

The wolf keen sense detected several players already on their way towards the glass field. Seeing that, Magie begun to cast several support spells aimed to Umbra.

“{Fortification} {Haste} {Blessing} {Regeneration}”

Those spells went through a different coloured magic circle. They have the meta magic option [Extend] that increase the duration of the spell’s effect as Umbra is engulfed with multitude of buffs.

While Magie still within the confine of whirlwinds preventing anyone to gain sight of him or tries to hurl a projectile. The only way is either sheer brute force to enter it or other mages try to dispel or cast a spell with an area of effect.

A player stepped into the glass plain, his body weight gives increasing pressure as spiderweb like cracks spread like wildfire before finally shattered unleashing multitude of shards.

“Wha-!?”

One player wearing a cloak tries to use the gear to shield him, but it pierces through. As their HP begun to dwindle from the [Bleed] de-buff.

It would be great for Umbra to take advantage off but Magie have commanded the lupine to stand on guard

“Here we go…”

With a sharp intake of breath, Magie begun to brace himself. For an all-out battle with the scenarios he’s been anticipating.

--

“WHAT THE-??”

A spectator point his index finger on the display wide eyed from what he’s seeing.

“How can a mage do that?”

In that display, they are seeing clustering whirlwinds centring on a green-robed mage who’s flinging spells left & right.

Bolts of lightning, fireballs, or icicles spears are conjured and hurled towards the approaching players who wanted to approach him.

“Does he have unlimited MP?”

A player asked about that with many scoffed at that remark. It is impossible to maintain MP without the usage of items and so far, he hasn’t drunk any potion.

Meaning that the player must have taken a buffing item beforehand but there must be a limit a duration an end to this yet, there the mage is for quite long he hasn’t ran out of his MP. Its beyond what an item would be able to do.

*CRASH *BOOM *CRACKLE

Lightning bolts came out from the whirlwind and pierces several players at once. Explosions of intense red flames ignited burning & knocking back players that come close to that whirlwind.

Spire of ice appeared below any ranged players who tries to take aim or begun casting a spell. Some was caught off-guard and skewered by it.

Due to this, Magie’s spells have shaved off several ambushing players who couldn’t take magic damage. Earning him decent amount of points, until one noticed something off.

The movement of the guardian wolf that continues protecting the whirlwind correlates with the unleashing of the spell.

For each turn of the wolf’s gaze, a spell will be triggered. This pattern become more noticeable as the battle goes on.

“BLIND THE WOLF!!”

One player shouted loudly earning a gasp of surprise from the rear-guard. Its strange in a PVP to hear a command like that.

Though in instinct as a player, one mage begun to cast {Blind} spell toward the roaming Umbra who’s fighting off melee players.

“What the fuck is this??”

Those are the thought inside some of the players who watches the sight of the battle. A massively large wolf capable of fighting off several melee players and even tanking long range attacks & magic.

The mage almost finished his cast until the gaze of Umbra landed on him. Immediately after, that caster felt something off. The spell didn’t activate rather it just dissipates under the gaze of that wolf.

“Someone cancelled my spell. Wha-?”

Before that support mage can react though, emerging from the sands below are twisting spire of icicle spikes dealing high amount of cold magic damage as its instantly kill the support mage.

Meanwhile Magie who’s within the whirlwind commanded Umbra who’s busy dealing with other melee attackers to come close to him as they are being pushed back.

“Ruff!!!”

Glancing to the side, he can see Umbra’s HP steadily going down then recovering from the regen buff he gave & occasional burst healing whenever needed. Nevertheless, the amount of HP being healed and taking damage. In a battle of attrition, the pair would lose as more & more players tries to come close.

“I’m going to do something else now!!”

For a quick glance in seeing the entire battlefield. He watches several players trying to enter the range of whirlwind albeit always get interrupted & knocked back by Umbra’s attack.

“Buy me some time Umbra!”

Magie pleaded and with a firm reply from the wolf. He began constructing something else, making a gesture in his hand. Several magic circles faded and the ones below him glow brighter as he focuses on his MP into it by deactivating the hovering smaller magic circles.

“LOOK!”

One long range player noticed something as she point using her index finger. At the direction of her finger, a small mote of light appeared atop the whirlwind dome.

In doing so, the temperature surrounding the glass plain slowly rises up. Something has changed in the battlefield…

8