8 – Completing the…Tutorial?
860 7 26
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

God work sucks, one of my coworkers recently quit, and to make up the lost hand, I now have increased hours, and with my soul being at its core, lazy, I don't like it.

I prefer being alone as is my nature, than being in the hell known as a Job.

Another week passed as I continued my Guerrilla attacks against the Hostile Dungeon, taking out many Worker and Combat Golem groups.

The average level of all of my Widow Ants was 8, with my Progientitor just reaching level 10.

[Congratulations! Your Widow Ant Progenitor, Vesh, has reached the requirements to undergo its first evolution!]

While I did assume that the Monsters would evolve, I didn't expect it to be level 10, and I expected the evolution to be Level 15 or 25.

Vesh, Widow Ant Progenitor - Level 10

Greater Widow Ant

Evolution Description: Evolving to become larger and stronger, these Widow Ants are much larger and stronger than a regular Widow Ant at the cost of a greater mass and lesser speed and maneuverability.

Evolution Gains: +300 HP, +200 SP, Greater Chomp Lvl 1, Charge Lvl 1

+5 Free Stats Per Level, +3 Strength, +2 Vitality (10 Stats Per Level)

Lesser Widow Ant

Evolution Description: Evolving to become smaller and faster, these Widow Ants are much smaller and faster than a regular Widow Ant at the cost of lesser mass and strength.

Evolution Gains: +200 HP, 300 SP, Serrated Chomp Lvl 1, Dash Lvl 1 

+5 Free Stats Per Level, +3 Dexterity, +2 Perception (10 Stats Per Level)

Widow Ant Worker

Evolution Description: Designed and Evolved for Labor, the Widow Ant Workers have evolved to have more endurance and strength so that they can fully help the Colony.

Evolution Gains: +150 HP, +300 SP, +50 MP(500 Overall), Sleep Resistance Lvl 5, Overworked Lvl 1, Clear Mind Lvl 1

5 Free Stats Per Level, +2 Endurance Per Level, +2 Strength, +1 Vitality (10 Stats Per Level)

Widow Ant Soldier

Evolution Description: Designed and Evolved for Combat, the Widow Ant Soldier is designed to take down their Colony's foes with overwhelming numbers and sheer tenacity.

Evolution Gains: +300 HP, +150 SP, and +50 MP, Serrated Chomp Lvl 1, Regeneration Lvl 1

5 Free Stats Per Level, +3 Strength Per Level, +2 Vitality Per Level (10 Stats Per Level)

Widow Ant Mage

Evolution Description: Evolved to be able to use Magic, Widow Ant Mages will be able to use Magic of their Elements, making them great warriors, craftsmen, or scholars.

Evolution Gains: +100 HP, +150 SP, +250 MP, Mana Bolt Lvl 1, Mana Skin Lvl 1, Mana Manipulation Lvl 1

+5 Free Stats Per Level, +3 Intelligence Per Level, +2 Wisdom Per Level (10 Stats Per Level)

Widow Ant Leader

Evolution Description: A leading caste of Widow Ants designed to lead small groups of Widow Ants more effectively and answer only to their Queen, this caste of Ants gain access to a wide array of Aura-based Skills that focus on improving those around them.

Evolution Gains: +200 HP, +200 SP, +100 MP, Rally Lvl 1, Enrage Lvl 1, Calm Lvl 1

+5 Free Stats Per Level, +1 Strength, +1 Perception, +3 Charisma

Queen Widow Ant Pup 

Evolution Description: This Caste of Ants are to be the Leaders and Mothers of a Colony. This evolution allows a regular Widow Ant to grow into a Queen Pup, giving them control over other Widow Ants and can form a colony. Eventually, the Queen Pup will grow into a Young Queen and start producing more Ants for the Colony.

Evolution Gains: +150 HP, +250 SP, +100 MP, Queen's Aura Lvl 1, Mana Bolt Lvl 1, Mana Skin Lvl 1, Mana Manipulation Lvl 1

+10 Free Stats Per Level 

Seeing the list of options available, I did not hesitate to choose Queen Widow Ant Pup, as this was the role I had in mind for Vesh as the Progenitor. Plus, it would also give Vesh some Magic skills and give her the option to become the Queen of the Colony in the future.

It would certainly be nice to start focusing on other projects once the Colony can fend for itself.

Suddenly, Vesh gave off a dim glow and grew until he was 1.5 times larger than a regular Widow Ant.

[Congratulations! Your Widow Ant Progenitor, Vesh, has evolved into a Queen Widow Ant Pup!]

[You have officially evolved your first monster, completing the tutorial! Many information blockers have been lifted, and many restrictions have been lifted]

[Dungeon Core Chatroom has been opened]

[Currently, only five members in the chatroom, excluding you]

[Please create a username before opening the chatroom]

Deciding to check that out later, I focused on my Widow Ants instead.

At the moment, I had 40 Widow Ants and was preparing for a Siege on the Golem Dungeon, and I was constantly probing and watching the hostile Dungeon to see how many Golems it had its resources and Golem production.

From what I could tell, the Dungeon relied heavily on its Golem Workers in scavenging for materials to build its better Golems.

It's even resorted to making most of its Golems from Stone or some other crappy material, and I even saw one of its Golems being made of mud...

I did notice that its production seems to be a dozen or two golems a day, which over a couple of days starts adding up and quickly becomes absurd.

I mean, look at my growth. I used to only be able to produce a single monster every couple of days, now?

I can produce two monsters a day and am very close to approaching three if I include creating a Da'gba.

So, if I could produce so many Monsters daily with how large my Dungeon was currently, just how large was the Golem Dungeon? Or, more importantly, how high is its level?

[Natural Dungeon Cores work differently than a System Contracted Core, and young Dungeon Cores typically have little intelligence and are driven by their instincts. Only with age do Natural Dungeon Cores become smarter and intelligent, with a human-level intelligence taking possibly centuries if not millennia for a Dungeon Core to obtain]

So what you are saying is that the Dungeon I am dealing with is probably guided by its instincts?

[No answer has been found]

Right, it's a 'data pack of information.'

It doesn't have all the answers.

"How come I didn't get a System Companion?"

[All contracted cores are given data packs instead of Companions but have the option of purchasing one in the System Shop]

"Then who gets companions?"

[Reincarnators chosen by the System]

"What's the difference between Reincarnators and System Contracted?"

[Reincarnators are chosen randomly from the river of reincarnation and are thrust into a new life in a different dimension or, in rare cases, the Inbetween. These reincarnators act as cataloguers, explorers, or experiments of the System. As for those with Contracts, the System selects them personally, and they are given a wide range of goals, with the most common being to spread the System's influence, which is what your contract entails since, in the 1,000-year length of your contract, many will delve into your Dungeon and gain access to the System, spreading the influence of the System]

So that's why I am given such freedom with the way I run my Dungeon?

"Is there anything else written on my contract that I should know about?"

[Attempting to harm, betray, or damage the System will be met with a punishment of Eternal Torment within the Void, where you will spend all eternity with your whole being consumed by the Void Beasts that lurk within the darkness of the Void and your Soul will be constantly regenerated so that you may experience the pain of the Soul over and over for all Eterinity]

"That's...cruel, I guess?"

Snapping out of my thoughts, I focused on my Ants, who I had traveling to the Golem Dungeon.

Now that I knew about the possibility that the Golem Dungeon was not very intelligent, I sent out my small army of Ants.

I expected to have a few casualties, but so long as Vesh survived and I got the Dungeon Core, I did not care.

Which is why I have Vesh moving at the center of the Ant formation, with all the other ants surrounding Vesh.

While I sent out a force of 30 Widow Ants, I left the Da'gba and 10 Widow Ants to protect my Dungeon in case of an emergency.

If nothing goes wrong, I should be able to take the Dungeon Core by the end of the day.

Meanwhile, unnoticed by my monsters or me, a Human Guard on his daily patrol, just so happened to see the Widow Ants leave my Dungeon and rushed back to the city...

26