11 – Intelligent Monsters
1k 10 33
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

For the Class System, I consolidated parts from Azarinth Healer, The Legend of Randidly Ghosthound, and some of my own design. I highly recommend you check them out!

My discord: https://discord.gg/CMZm2uJ

Let me know your thoughts on the chapter down below in the comments, and if you see any mistakes, please let me know in the comments!

Have a good day!

Focusing on a small clearing in an open area with a cave nearby, I got to work on creating my first 'intelligent' monster.

After I put in some thought, the monsters I decided to go with were Kobolds.

I knew that there were multiple types of Kobolds depicted in fiction, and the ones I chose were the ones that looked like Lizardmen from D&D.

Focusing on my Mana, I started with the Kobold's organs and nervous system.

I made this Kobold's innards much like that of a human but made most of its body more resilient, so it would take longer to die if it obtained severe injuries.

Then, I moved on to the most crucial part of the Kobold, the brain.

For this, I had the system help me, giving it multiple images of the Kobold being capable of speech, using tools, casting magic, and creative, intuitive, and inquisitive thought.

Once the System and I finished my work on its brain, I moved on to the skeletal and muscular systems, made a Mana core, and finally started making its 'skin.'

I added Green Scales and beautiful blue eyes before imbuing the monster with life. Still, just before finishing, I added images to the Kobold, something I didn't realize until I read the description of Vesh, my first Widow Ant.

When I created my first Widow Ant, I did so with an Image of a Fearsome Monster of Death that would pose a significant challenge against those that would wish harm against the Dungeon Core, I had this image in mind the whole time I was creating Vesh, so I wanted to see if the Images would still affect the Kobold when I neared finishing.

I started by imagining many colors of Kobolds, with the color of a Kobold's scales representing their Draconic Ancestor.

Then, I imagined the Kobolds all being talented in Magic Elements of their Draconic Ancestor, like a Red Kobold having a Fire Draconic Ancestor and being attuned to the Elements of their ancestor.

From there, I imagined what I remembered about Kobolds in Dungeons and Dragons.

A strong social structure that stresses devotion to the Kobold's tribe.

Clever and good with their hands, with these Kobolds being talented in the Arts and Crafts.

And strong teamwork to overcome their physical limitations, allowing them to take down prey much larger than themselves.

And a final image, but probably the most important, Indvidulaity and the potential to grow.

Just before he would awake, I opened his status.

Name: None
Titles: None Race: Draconic Kobold
Gender: Male Type: Monster, Mammal
Element: Nature, Life, Water Classes(2): None Selected
-----[+++]-----

First Class: None

Second Class(Locked until level 100)

First Class Level: N/A

Second Class Level: Locked

First Class EXP: 0/100

Second Class EXP: Locked

Health Points: 450/450 (37.5 Per Hour)

Mana Points: 96/96 (25 Per Hour)
Stamina Points: 375/375 (22.5 Per Hour)

 ==[- Stats -]== 

Strength: 7 Perception: 10
Vitality: 15 Endurance: 15
Dexterity: 8 Intelligence: 8
Wisdom: 12 Charisma: 6

Class Skills: None

General Skills: English Lvl 55, Draconic Lvl 25, Tough Scales Lvl 10, Mana Manipulation Lvl 1  

Racial Skills: Dragon's Breath Lvl 1, Breath of Life Lvl 1, Vine Manipulation Lvl 1, Armor of Nature Lvl 1

Resistances: Nature Magic Lvl 5

Special Traits: Nature Dragon Heritage, Breath of Life, Common Mana Core

Mutations: None

Unlocked Paths: Newbie (0/10), Dungeon Monster (0/25), Heritage Awakening (0/1,000)

Completed Paths: None

Path Points: 0

Description: Created in The Fractured Realms Dungeon. Standing at three to four feet in height, these Scaled Monsters have a form similar to Lizardmen or Dragonborn, armed with sharp-clawed fingers, scales, and four fingers along with a thumb, giving them the ability to craft tools and weapons to assist them in survival. Adding that along with their brains, these Kobolds are capable of advancing and creating better tools and advancing as a society.

Bio: Draconic Kobolds exist in many realms, with quite a few being hunted down to extinction. Not only do these Kobolds inherit some of the powers and strength of their Ancestors, but when a Kobold awakens the blood of their Ancestors, Kobolds undergo a significant change, becoming stronger, faster, taller, and braver. Unfortunately, few Kobolds have lived long enough to become Greater Draconic Kobolds, and those that were hunted down before they could grow too far in strength. Perhaps eventually, Kobolds have the potential to become Dragons themselves?

Drops: Kobold Scales(Material), Kobold's Blood(Ingredient/Consumable), Kobold's Heart(Ingrident/Consumable), Common Mana Core(Material)

Spoiler

Language skills have a max level of 100. At level 100, the entity will be fluent and thoroughly understand the language. For example, those who have lived and grown up in America speaking English would probably have a skill level of 80+ in English, while those not used to the language but understanding a bit would have around 30-50

[collapse]

That's...new.

'Classes? As in the video game character archetypes a player can choose? Like Mage, Warrior, and so on?' I asked the system.

[Classes are Paths a person can take in life. Some Classes lead to lots of death, destruction, and suffering, while many others lead to Peace and Prosperity. While Classes may give a person the tools needed for a specific path, it's ultimately up to the Person on how they wish to use their Class and evolve them]

 So I was correct. Classes were quite common in RPG-style games, giving the Player an option to choose a Character Archetype they wanted to follow, such as a classic Mage, Warrior, Rogue, or Cleric.

Each Class from those games would allow you to learn skills related to the Class as you leveled up, such as Minor Healing, Cleanse, Smash or Slash, and even passive skills such as Stealth, Running, and so on.

After some thought, I sent a stream of Mana into the Kobold's brain, waking it up.

I watched with curiosity as the Kobold's eyelids opened, and the Kobold looked around for the first time.

The forest was dark due to the few plants, but there was still plenty to give at least a bit of light on the floor.

Although, that's not a problem for the Kobold, as I gave it low-level night vision.

 Without saying a word, the Kobold looked around his surroundings in wonder and curiosity.

Making sure there were no monsters nearby, I focused on my Connection with the Kobold and tried to communicate.

"Hello? Can you hear me?" I sent through the link that I shared with the Kobold.

The Kobold seemed to jump when I spoke through our link and asked out loud in English, "Father? Is that you?"

'Does the system have something to do with the Kobold being able to speak English?'

"I am your Creator. How are you feeling?"

"I am feeling...well?" The Kobold asked.

"For now, why don't you rest and get used to your body?" I suggested.

"Do...Do I have a family?" The Kobold asked.

"You will soon."

"Thank you..."

"Don't worry, go rest in the cave. I will make sure you are not disturbed."

True to my word, I made sure none of my Monsters approached the area and watched over the confused Kobold.


As days passed, and I produced two Kobolds a day at the cost of 120 mana, I soon had an entire tribe of 12 Kobolds on my floor.

"Now what?" My first Kobold asked out loud.

"Now? I will guide and teach your tribe how to make simple tools."

"Tools?" the Kobold asked.

"You will know soon, now come, follow my instructions carefully."

Carefully teaching him how to construct simple stone tools from the woods surrounding their home, I then had him learn how to set traps and hunt for food, build thatch huts, cook food, and even how to raise animals, although in this case, I had him capture a calf and build a pen for it. From there, I had him teach his tribemates and build a village around their cave.

When they finished constructing a village, I told the first Kobold, now Chieftan, that I wanted him and his tribe to live, grow and thrive and that should they need it, they could ask me a question once a month.

From here, I wanted to see how far they could progress and grow, and I would do little to interfere with their growth from here.

33