chapter 128
4 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Announcement 

 

 

Thank you for reading " The Legend of the North ". This book is fully published on Amazon (under the same name), it would be very helpful if you buy the book to support me. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The night was in full swing, Ezer finds himself awake thinking about the dozens of things he had to do the next morning and what things could go wrong.

         "What are you going to do when you escape?" Nataña asks breaking the silence that reigned, apparently she couldn't sleep either.

         "Cross the sea, I'm tired of running. I want to go to a land where I can walk in the light of day.”

         “Sounds good. I'm going to follow you, after all, I have no place to return to.” Only the voices were distinguishable in such darkness.

         “If you trust me, I will set you free.” Ezer replies with a firm voice.

         “I want more… I'm a greedy person.” She says it with a smile that no one can see.

         “Money? Power?” Ezer settles for a better position on the cold floor.

         “Love… Love for a home, love for a land, love for someone I can kiss and make my heart race warming my body.” A person speaks with passion of his ambitions, but Nataña was quite the opposite, only melancholy could be distinguished in her words. “I'm tired of being cold, of being hungry, of being afraid of men… I'm so tired.”

         Ezer simply remains silent, listening to what Nataña had to say made his heart heavy. Suddenly, the promise of freedom took on another meaning in his mind, he couldn't fail.

         "I promise, I'm going to get you out of this place and help you get everything you covet."

         "Thank you, you just have to free me... I'll take care of the rest." Nataña walks over and hugs Ezer. He returns the hug and I could swear little tears fall on his shoulder. Night gives way to day without either saying a word again.

         The sound of wood being cut was heard again in the yard when the sun was high, a rare sunny day that made even the most bitter person happy.

         "Is that your plan? What if she doesn't see your signal?”

         "In that case we escape through the village until she finds us."

         "We're going to have the whole guard hunting us… even the soldiers are going to join too. Our escape plan is not the stealthiest of all.” A hint of doubt can be heard in Anjani's voice.

         "It's either that or rot to death." Ezer responds firmly trying to eliminate the doubts giving a threat of the worst case scenario.

         “We do not have much time. Tomorrow or the day after that the shed will be full of firewood. After that, we won't see the sun again for the whole winter.”

         "Then we'll act tomorrow."

         The two don't speak to each other again for the rest of the day as they work to complete their mandatory work. Ezer feels like he has his heart in his mouth all the time, he can't help but think about how risky the plan is and what could happen if it goes wrong.

However, decides to be strong by averting his eyes and looks at the only window that overlooked the room where the guards rested. He knew that Nataña was trying harder than anyone right now, he couldn't betray her effort.

0