chapter 131
5 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Announcement 

 

 

Thank you for reading " The Legend of the North ". This book is fully published on Amazon (under the same name), it would be very helpful if you buy the book to support me. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

All the prisoners alternate their sight between him and the body whose face had no figure. Such was the impression that the remaining guards only react when Anjani kills another of his companions with a forceful blow to the chest.

         "Aa... A-alarm! Alarm! Prisoners riot!”

         “What did you do!? We're all going to die now!” One of the prisoners screams in desperation.

         “Exactly. We're all going to die unless we escape… you don't have a choice.” Ezer knows the method was wrong, knows that perhaps not all guards were bad people who enjoyed torturing others. He knew it, so he decided to drown his regrets inside his chest.

         "Take care of the rest of the guards, I'll close the door!" Anjani takes the bunch of keys from the guard's warm body and closes the single metal door that leads to the courtyard.

         Silence reigns over the place again, but this does not last long and it is the sound of swords being drawn that ends it. At first no one knows what to do, although the bloodiest prisoners are the ones who act first. They didn't care about the discomfort of their chains, they simply lunged at the guards who showed their blades against them in an insane exchange in which even laughter was heard.

         Now it's Ezer's turn to be dumbfounded, but he simply averts his eyes bitterly and proceeds with his plan.

         “What do we do? Now we're locked in here! When the soldiers come…!” There are many who do not react and are seized with panic.

         "Move the logs and make a ladder to jump over the wall! Do it if you want to live!” Ezer's scream echoes throughout the courtyard. Without waiting for an answer, he begins to roll the large logs that were scattered on the ground.

         The screams of pain and madness end as the last three guards lie like cold bodies on the ground. Now everyone was working with a speed fueled by desperation and adrenaline.

         Nataña was not idle either, one by one she freed the prisoners from their shackles and when she finished, she carried the smaller logs now that the larger ones were already leaning against the wall.

         "How long do you think the door will hold?" Ezer asks Anjani wiping the sweat from his forehead.

         “It's iron-reinforced wood, what should keep us locked up, now helps us… Heh! Ironic.”

         Knockings on the door and screams could be heard coming from inside the prison.

         "I don't think we'll reach the top of the wall..." Nataña points out with concern when she sees how there were almost no logs left to finish the makeshift structure.

         “No, it’s sufficient. Go right behind me, things will get chaotic the moment they see me up there.” Anjani speaks as scales the unstable logs and timbers until he is just over two meters from the top of the wall.

         With his above-average height and strong jump, Anjani manages to get the fingertips to grip the edge of the bricks. Saliva drips from his lips due to the effort that the muscles of his arms and legs exert to carry him upwards.

         The barbed wires stick to his skin, but he ignores the pain and the blood as he grabs them in his hands and rips them from their base.

         “Quickly!” He urges Nataña who takes his hand jumping with the help of Ezer.

         The last one was Ezer who was already beginning to feel the pressure of the prisoners who were desperate trying to jump or get Anjani's help. One of them loses his balance and falls resting his knees and palms on the trunks, Ezer takes advantage of this to step on his back and use him as a step to reach Anjani's outstretched hand.

         “It's a long drop…” Anjani looks over the other side of the wall and down to the ground several meters below.

         “We have no choice but to jump, roll to lessen the impact.”

         “We must help others.” Ezer stops the two who were about to jump.

         “There is no time, you can already see that the door is about to give in, when they notice what we are doing… they will send soldiers out of the prison.” Nataña urges them to hurry up.

         "No, it's better to have more people escaping so they won't just focus on us."

         “he’s right.” Anjani immediately starts helping other prisoners who don't hesitate to jump once they reach the top.

         There are just under a dozen who manage to escape before the metal door breaks down. The three of them jump the wall straight into the dank alley just as soldiers flood the prison yard.

The hardest part was about to begin.

0