chapter 133
22 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Announcement 

 

 

Thank you for reading " The Legend of the North ". This book is fully published on Amazon (under the same name), it would be very helpful if you buy the book to support me. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As if keeping time with his words, two young soldiers come running down the narrow street. An imposing man with a skin tone that they had never seen before, stands in front of them cutting off their path, before they could say anything, the dull edge of the ax hits one in the arm throwing him against the other. They both try to stand up drawing their weapons, but a kick to the stomach and another to the chin is enough for them to fall to the ground.

         “What? I don't kill unless it's necessary.” Anjani takes one of the swords and gives it to Ezer who watches incredulously, promising himself never to face that man head on.

         The blades were not of the best quality and it was clear they saw a lot of use. Still, it was better than nothing.

         “Let's go! Not much left for the port!” Nataña urges them to continue.

---------------------------

         The sun was about to rise from behind the city walls as Lyaria runs along the beach towards the village. Grige and Dartan watch her get lost in the maze of houses.

         “I'm going to create chaos again so the soldiers have to divide their attention.”

         "Do you think they'll follow you this time? Things didn't calm down from the last one, if there are no benefits...”  Dartan questions his brother's plan.

         “I know, I'm going to have to act directly. Perhaps they will join in taking advantage of the opportunity.”

         "You know what it means, right?"

         “Yeah, there's no way they won't recognize me later… this is the last morning I see in this disgusting town.” He insults the place he grew up, but he does it with a smile and nostalgia in his voice.

         “I can't follow you in this brother, I have a family to protect.” One can see the bitterness on Dartan 's face as he said those words.

         “You've done more than enough, during all these years… you always helped me. Now it's time for your family to be a priority.” Grige places his hand on Dartan's shoulder.

         "I'm glad you finally found someone to give everything for."

          “Ahhh … Yes, you're right as always. I love her.” Grige could no longer deny it, what started out as ambition, quickly morphed into something deeper and more complex.

         "I'll tell to those in the ship to have everything ready, at least so it floats. Goodbye brother.”

         “Goodbye brother.”

         They both give each other a big hug, neither wanted to point it out, but it was very likely that this was the last time they would see each other's faces.

         The movement was full in the streets, both from the soldiers rushing to the prison, and from the people who moved out of the way and tried to return to their houses so as not to be involved in whatever was happening.

         Grige doesn't have time to come up with a plan, only a wild idea springs from his mind as he runs through the streets grabbing bottles of booze from a distracted vendor.

         Two warehouses of the Karsin family existed, one was inside their castle and the other close to it, but inside the city. The last one was only used in times before winter and this was exactly that season. The moment a spark ignited that warehouse, the soldiers would go berserk like a hornet's nest being attacked.

         No matter the commotion caused by the escape of the prisoners, there were always guards in that place and this was no exception. There were no windows and despite the fact that the walls were made of wood, they would not light up by throwing a simple lit bottle at them. The roof was an option, but he was sure they'd shut it down quickly without it going too far. He needed flames big enough that the soldiers would have no choice but to move whatever was in there, and hopefully it would require even more soldiers to do so.

         He checks the surroundings with a quick step and heavy breathing, he hadn't taken the time to hide his face from the people who were watching him for his strange behavior. It was in a corner of the warehouse, as if fate had smiled on him, he finds a cart with several bales of hay. It was close enough for the flames to reach the ceiling.

         He doesn't hesitate for a second and throws the bottles of alcohol onto the pile of hay, looks for the brazier that the guards used to light up at night and takes it, despite the heat that threatened to peel off his skin, to throw the embers on the stack.

         The fire is instantaneous, the guards who had already begun to move due to Grige's strange behavior are stunned by the event. They hesitate a few seconds between putting out the flames or catching the culprit. Grige took advantage of this time to start running, losing himself among the people and corners of the houses.

---------------------------

         "We found three! They're here!” One can hear the cry of one of the guards recognizing Ezer's group.

         "Why don't they follow us?" Nataña asks, looking back briefly.

         “Because they are cowards, they prefer to wait for reinforcements so they don't have to face us.”

         “Better for us.” By the time Ezer finishes speaking, the waves of the sea are already visible in the distance.

         "Where is that woman? Armond, I decided to trust your words, but if there is no sign of her… I am not going to wait to be captured and tortured.” Anjani's voice was serious and firm, apparently the fatigue was nil in him.

         “We are stronger if we are together, we already showed it. You just have to keep trusting me as much as I trust her. I'm sure there is a way out of this. —Ezer answers firmly, he didn't let doubt enter his mind, if for some reason it did… He was sure that fear would paralyze him.

         It was inevitable that the uncertainty would settle after the passage of adrenaline from the scape. Fear began to seep into the bones and, if care was not taken, it would dismember the group that had achieved so much success so far.

         The houses were beginning to open up, exposing the waves and the beach. The sand felt underfoot when Ezer spotted a man waiting for them on the only good-looking wooden platform in the entire harbor.

         He wore ordinary clothes, even somewhat worn, so at first he did not attract attention. However, the sword hanging from his waist and his sadistic expression gave away who he was.

0