chapter 135
6 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Announcement 

 

 

Thank you for reading " The Legend of the North ". This book is fully published on Amazon (under the same name), it would be very helpful if you buy the book to support me. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Breno looked overwhelmed, but this was not the first time in his life that it happened and thanks to this, he knew what to do. When he manages to understand his enemy's attacks, their strength, their speed and, above all, their weakness, he strikes back with precision. Dodges the attack he was sure was coming and moves his strangely heavy body with agility.

         All Ezer feels is a sharp stab of pain in his wrist, he doesn’t care and continues the momentum of his attacks. Minutes pass and Breno begins to deflect the attacks easily, his speed seeming to increase after receiving each attack.

          “It's not him… it's me… I move slower every time…”  Ezer takes a break for the first time and it is at that moment that he notices how the edge of his sword was stained with blood.

         He quickly shifts his gaze to Breno looking for any injuries, there isn't. Instead, it is his wrist from which blood gushed down the handle onto the blade of the sword.

         "It's done, in a few minutes you won't be able to move from blood loss. You lost, but at least you fought well, I respect that.”

         "Then I just have to kill you first!" Ezer yells, spitting saliva.

         "Ha!" Breno just shakes his head as his eyes take on a sleepy tone again, the fun was over.

         Ezer knows he had no choice, his surge of strength had already faded. Looking out of the corner of his eye, he can see how Anjani was taking on several soldiers at once, despite the injury to his leg that left drops of blood on the ground with every step.

         It was at that moment that he felt a familiar presence, perhaps the wind brought it to him or it was his illusion, but thanks to this, his body relaxes and a confident smile appears on his face.

         "Let's get this over with…" Breno was already slightly tired and, strangely, his head ached terribly with a throbbing that centered on his wound.

         With light steps he advances on the twisted woods of the port, when they suddenly explode in a cloud of splinters revealing white fangs that cling to one of his legs. His reaction is instantaneous, with a cold and calculating face, he brings the edge of his sword to the neck of the surprise attacker, who had no choice but to release her bite, letting the blood stain her teeth.

         Lia licks her snout enjoying the taste, then snarls menacingly at Breno, who stands upright with all his weight on one leg, the other dangling motionless with lines of blood.

         Ezer doesn't say a word and stands next to Lia with sword in hand. No matter his opponent's tremendous wound, he was still dangerous and they both knew it.

         He takes advantage of the moment to look away and observe Nataña's motionless body on the ground, his expression hardens and he suppresses the desire to run to help her. Behind, Anjani fought fiercely with soldiers who were increasing in number, his imposing figure full of cuts creates an image that frightened everyone.

         “Ha…! Hahahahaha! This is my ending!? Hahaha!”  Breno starts laughing hysterically.

         Ezer simply watches without knowing what to think, it was impossible for him to understand such a man. He didn't think it was possible for someone to react that way to death.

         Lia growls again, snapping Ezer out of his stupor. She crouches down and charges with all her might generating breakneck speed. The charge was impossible to stop, so Breno dodged it with great effort, enduring the pain of what was left of his leg.

         Ezer wastes no time and attacks with the last of his strength, the swords collide and this time, it is Breno's sword who falls to the ground. Ezer rushes to make a diagonal cut to his foe's stomach, though a fist slams into his throat, knocking his breath away and blurring his vision. His worn sword slips from his fingers as he falls to the ground on the flimsy wooden boards.

Breno grabs the blade out of the air and instantly swings it in the opposite direction, right where Lia was lunging at him.

         A scream is heard in the air that mixed the sounds of a beast and a man.

         “Hahhh… !” An attempt at laughter and a cough escape Brennos lips. “If only the sword had a good edge… it would have cut it completely… haha…” His body was only supported by the blade while blood dripped from his teeth.

         Lia lay slumped on the floor suppressing groans of pain. Her left front leg had a deep cut down to the bone, even these was broken giving the limb the wrong direction.

         She gets up despite everything and slowly limps towards Breno. He makes one last attack hoping to take the wolf by surprise, although all he receives are fangs in his throat that tear it apart, creating spurts of blood.

         Lia watches the body for a few seconds until it stops reflecting life in his eyes. The blood between her teeth now feels like ash.

         "Lia… are you…?"

         She conveys calm with her eyes and then produces a growl, terrifying the few soldiers who were stunned by the death of their captain. The huge man in front of the plus the terrible beast, was all they needed to escape.

         Ezer collapses on the ground with a pale face, his cut on the wrist not bleeding as much anymore, maybe due to lack of blood or because his body did its job.

Slender legs move toward him, and he looks up to see a naked woman who pales everything around her with her beauty.

“Try tying this to your wrist.” She was carrying a strip of cloth that took from Breno's clothes and gives it to Ezer.

"You should see your arm first." Ezer points with concern to the deep cut that threatened to sever her forearm, no longer bleeding, but still looking terrible.

"I will not die for this, you know how resilient our bodies can be." The wound maintained its proportionality when she returned to his human form.

“Ahh … Okay.” Ezer didn't have the strength to reply. “Please, check how Nataña is.” He nods in the direction of the woman lying on the ground.

“Okay, but focus on your injuries first.” She continued to care about Ezer more than herself.

"We have to move... it won't be long until they come back with more soldiers." Anjani approaches slowly, breathing hard.

0