Epilogue
14 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Epilogue

 

         The waves that until recently were gray, were now dyed red by lines of blood that came from the beach. All captured prisoners were beheaded on the spot, and several guards even followed them as punishment for their negligence.

         “I'm so sorry you had to witness this…uncomfortable situation.”

         "You don't have to worry, Mr. Karsin.  I've seen rivers of blood in the past, this is nothing.”  Boron Rolennar answers while looking at the two bodies in front of him.

         One was a man with a shattered leg and neck, while the last was a woman with a simple hole in her chest. An almost perfect body.

         "So it's true that you survived... Ezer Inmerlan..." Boron smiles, observing how the sea and the sky touch on the horizon.

---------------------------

         It had been a long time since only the sea could be seen from the deck of the ship, both Ezer and Lyaria were still on it.

         “Now what? You got your freedom… Any plans for the future?”

         “Return.” Ezer answers with firmness and determination that were reflected both in his voice and in his eyes.

         “Return?” Lyaria can't help but ask incredulously.

         “In the short time that I traveled my lands… I observed too much desolation. I could only hear pain and see hunger.” He takes a brief pause from his words with a sigh. “I want… I want to change all that. That no one, who does not deserve it, has to live the same as me.” Repeat the words Nataña once uttered.

         “And I will be there, always by your side to help you.” Lyaria answers from the bottom of her heart despite the fact that Ezer's wishes, also aligned with her goal.

         “We have a lot to talk.”

         "Yes, follow me. I'll introduce you to the rest.”

         The ship continues its journey away from the North, crossing the gulf to head for warmer lands, the Three Duchies.

         Its only companion was a small blue bird that followed it up high.

0