Character Creation
530 3 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Inside a dark and poorly lit office building, a figure of a person could be seen sitting before a computer and typing at a fast speed. As an orphan and someone who experienced numerous setbacks when it came to love, she had decided to devote her time to her job in order to live a happier and successful life. Once this game code is completed and has been completely tested for bugs, the game will be released and she would be able to pay off her remaining university debts and begin a new life. After finishing typing, the lady in her mid-twenties stopped what she was doing and saved and finalized the code.
When born, Alyssia was abandoned by her parents at the door of an orphanage. She grew up struggling to fight for care and affection for those around her with the other kids. She went in and out of various families because of many reasons like the family unexpectedly giving birth to a child and her presence was no longer needed or they no longer had the time to spare to take care of her. After several failures, she developed a hardworking and independent personality which got her through school and college moving onto university while also working small part-time jobs. After leaving the orphanage she lived in the dorm rooms and then moved into a small flat.
During her life, she had four serious relationships and another really short one but she eventually was fed up with men and the way they did not take her seriously and would usually talk down to her because of her origins.
She enjoyed reading many kinds of web novels and comics or manga and eventually fell in love with a couple of adventure and fighting-based manga like One Piece, Bleach, Naruto, Dragon Ball, My Hero Academia, and many others. She most loved the worlds that the characters lived in, although some were very harsh worlds to live in, they still had many types of strange powers and abilities that were based on magic, a form of energy or superpowers. She also loved that there were many inspirational female characters in those worlds.
After she had graduated from university and gotten a job as a game programmer, she put forward an idea and worked on it with her company and hoped to get cooperation with the original author and artist.
After much trial and error, she finally finished the code and added pieces of artwork to the game to make it work. Once she had tested it, she could begin to show her product to her superiors and get their further support.
The game involves the world of One Piece and while the game's story does not change, the world itself is moving according to the script with one slight twist. The character created by the player can enter the world and take up a role within the world whether it be Merchant, Martial Artist, Bounty Hunter, Marine, World Government Agent, Noble, Pirate, Bandit, Gangster, Swordsman, Scientist or even Chef and begin to influence the world around them in their own way whether it be non-existent as they set up a small shop and casually play or they go hardcore mode and try to rule the world.
With the choice of the race, many options are given while some are taken away and also where the game begins at the creation of the character is decided by what race is chosen. For example, a human would be able to begin their first spawn in most places but others would only be able to spawn in a place where their race has been known to live. Rather than a fighting game, it was designed to be a more immersive game that lets the player find their own place within the world and live a second life there.
Alyssia lets out a tired yawn as she had to stay back to finish the final part of the code and moved her mouse to click on a small icon. On the screen an animation popped up with pictures of pirate flags, people brawling and clashes of weapons or devil fruit abilities until it finally entered the title screen. At the title screen, Alyssia moved the pointer towards the 'New Game' option and then began the introduction into the world.
The story begins as Luffy is born and before he even meets up with Ace, so many things within the world have only just happened recently like Gol D. Roger's execution and the pirates entering the Grand Line to look for One Piece, causing chaos within the world followed by the rise of Seven Warlords just as the Four Emperors are beginning to grasp their hold on the New World in their own way.
As the character creation screen popped up Alyssia entered her name into the character's name part. After thinking for a while, she clicked enter and then went onto the next section and began to select her race. Weighing her options and the advantages and disadvantages of every race she found that she wanted to test out the gameplay as a Mink race. Turning on the character customizer she selected the Female icon and moved onto creating the character's looks and body type.
After deciding from a long list of furry animals she decided on the kangaroo type for their strong legs and fighting ability since kangaroos possess powerful hind legs and a long, strong tail. She could make use of those features to either escape or deal devastating damage to her opponents while in combat.
Once converted into the mink's half-human and half-beast form, the character model looked very pleasing to the eyes and did not possess shorter arms like the original kangaroo so it was more human-like and more suitable for the One Piece world.
She selected a grey coat of fur, black eyes and nose and finished up with a black glove-like marking that covered her hands and another black marking that covered her toes and the first half of her foot and finished up by making her hair long and black and then clicked to finalize her character.
Every mink came with their own characteristics and strengths, so each person's stats begin from one to ten at the beginning depending on their chosen race and can change depending on one's training. One to ten is considered the lowest range of abilities and then moves into the tens and can max out when it is fully within the ranges of the world's top people's ability range.
An average person can be considered to be between four and six in strength without any training as they have fully matured, but some races have their own natural abilities and strengths while also having some of their own weaknesses. So, if the maximum strength of someone like Kaido or Whitebeard was around 50 then it would take a very long time of training in order to raise the strength stat to reach their level. However, for intellect, there would be a certain needed limit so that the character cannot surpass characters like Vegapunk, Nami and others.
She moved onto the next section which was the Main Profession and Secondary Profession (Sub Profession) columns. One Main Profession and two Secondary Professions could be taken up. The Main Profession determines the main journey of the character as they begin to influence the world while the Secondary Professions help provide additional stat boosts and learning abilities or talents. For example, a Scholar would have increased intellect, a navigator would have increased intuition or senses, so Spirit or Wisdom stats would receive a boost while other classes like Swordsman or Boxer increase Strength or Stamina stats while other classes may boost the Agility stat.
As she was looking through the options from the Main Profession window, there were various types of paths to take which were described in their own way on how to build influence within the world. For example, Pirates would need a higher bounty and become more famous to grow more, a Marine would need a higher rank, a Singer or a Chef would need to grow more popular with the masses and cause many to have a positive view of you, while a Noble just needed to maintain their Noble Status or rise to a higher level while improving their territory.
While there were some paths available, some were restricted by the system because the minks were an isolated tribe that lived on the back of Zunesha and had very little access to the outside world so their starting point did not allow them to take up a profession in the World Government, be a Noble or the Marines as an example.
After thinking for a while about the influences in the mink's home which is governed by the Cat and Dog rulers, she wished to join the cat's night party so she decided to pick things that would help boost her training speed.
For her Main Profession, she decided to take on the role of either a guard, martial artist, assassin, combatant or swordsman to fit her position within the night guards once she is able to earn a position for herself there. The Guard Profession required her to designate a place or a person to protect and points will be earned as long as they are kept guarded and safe but the more danger they are destined to encounter the higher the points can be earned but since she is isolated for quite some time within Zou, she decided that it would be best to focus on something else so she chose Martial Artist which could grow as she defeats her opponents and creates a name for herself within the world.
Any points or experience earned can be used to purchase upgrades in the Main or Secondary Professions Mastery or Level but training can help to reduce the cost a little. For example, basic skills in someone's Sub Profession would be cheaper and easier to master so would be easy to upgrade, but if someone wished to take up a new one then it would be more costly to purchase and then upgrade. The higher the mastery of a talent or skill, the higher the stat boost would be given to the character.
For the First Sub Profession, she chose Leg based Martial Arts Mastery like Black leg and Kempo style and for the Second Sub Profession, she took up Navigation which is a basic necessity if someone wishes to leave the island one day, which were set immediately at Basic Mastery and gave a small boost to her Strength, Agility, Intellect and Spirit stats. Her First Sub Profession provides a greater ability to master skills/abilities that use legs like Shave, and Moon Walk while her Second Sub Profession provides a greater ability to sense subtle changes in the weather, and to read and draw maps.
The boost in Agility and Strength helped to improve her combat ability and the Spirit helped to boost her senses and instincts to a higher level to help better detect others near her and also increase her intellect a little to help her learning ability.
She also chose Navigation because she was unsure if there were any options to learn from scratch within Zou, so picking to learn the basic knowledge was for the best in case she wished to leave the island and also chose Leg Martial Arts because she was unsure if anyone on Zou had that specialization so chose to learn leg martial arts basics to get herself started.
After completing the character creation, a screen came up displaying an image of the character from a small age until it reaches full maturity along with the information window so she began to read through.


[Name] Alyssia Lucine
[Race] Mink - Kangaroo
[Birth place] Zou (Night Guard's Affiliation)
[Main Profession or Job] Martial Artist
[Secondary Professions or Talents] Leg Martial Arts and Navigation
[Strength] 6 (+1)
[Agility] 7 (+2)
[Stamina] 8
[Intelligence] 4 (+1)
[Spirit] 8 (+2)
Haki - N/A
Skills or talents:
Electro (Active Racial Talent) 0% Mastery
Sulong (Active Racial Talent) 0% Mastery
Beast Instinct and Sense (Passive Racial Talent) 0% Mastery
Basic Leg Martial Arts (Gained Talent and Knowledge) 0% Mastery
Basic Navigation (Gained Talent and Knowledge) 0% Mastery
Weakness - Very hot or dry environments, Sulong risks of character going out of control or being weakened afterwards
Confirm character and enter the world of One Piece? (Y/N)


Alyssia looked at the final words and then clicked on the Yes option and the game began to load.
She sat there and watched the loading screen slowly make its way until the end of the bar and she waited to see her character enter the world but all of a sudden, a wave of dizziness overtook her. The screen began to become blurry and she looked down as she felt something drop down onto her hand. She realised that it was blood that had dropped down and she quickly tried to search for the wound during her dizziness and fatigue as her body was failing her.
Soon she found the problem as she used her hand to wipe her nose which had been where the blood was coming from. Before she lost consciousness, she realised that she had not taken a break or eaten in some time and her body was showing signs of breaking down on her. The next thing she felt was a slight pain in her head as her body fell powerlessly from her chair and then she could no longer feel a thing. All she could sense was endless darkness and nothingness where she could not hear, smell or see anything around her.

12