Recruitment and Mink Biology
166 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

As the duel started, Alyssia received the system notification as usual, but she had no time to be distracted. She began to channel Electro to her leg quickly and stepped forward.

The next moment she appeared before Carrot and channelled Electro into the bottom of her other foot, which had landed on the ground and pushed to the side.

Just as she disappeared, a kick was sent towards her abdomen in the place where she had previously stood. Carrot used a low powered Electro kick to send her away to buy time to channel Electro into her feet better to help her increase her movement speed some more. Although she did not expect Alyssia to channel her electro so quickly, she was quick to adapt to the battle and adjusted her strategy.

Alyssia had also trained her instincts and gained a lot of experience so she was quick to react and adjust her movements before she was hit.

She flashed to the right after sending Electro to the lower part of her left leg, then landed on her right foot which channelled a small amount of Electro again.

She did not yet use her right foot, but instead stepped in further towards Carrot with her left leg and then aimed a sweeping kick towards the back and side of Carrot's left leg.

Carrot's greatest strength is her jumping ability and her ability to stay in the air for a longer time, so even if she had yet to figure it out, Alyssia still targeted her legs first to interrupt her rhythm.

The Electro sweeping kick landed on Carrot's leg, which made her lose balance just as her other foot was coming back down to the ground. Her left leg went numb from the Electro then she fell to her knees as her right leg could not support her from falling.

She used her hands to stop herself from falling forward further and began to try to shake the numbness from her leg. Meanwhile, Alyssia stood over her and waited for her to recover, just as the numb feeling was over Carrot climbed to her feet again.

She looked very excited to be able to find a strong opponent and took up a fighting pose once again. "Let's continue."

As Electro users, their resistance to Electro was already quite high, so she was not stunned for a long time and recovered quickly. Rather than taking the offensive, Alyssia adjusted to be on the defensive against Carrot who was attacking her again and again.

Sometimes she would avoid her attacks and stay on the move and other times she would redirect an attack away from herself until finally, Alyssia had analysed Carrot's current level of skill.

Although she had high agility and battle sense to be able to improve in such a short time during their battle, she still lacked a combat style of her own to suit her body type and special traits.

Since Alyssia knew of her future style of combat ahead of time and had the assistance of her system to provide her with lots of knowledge, Carrot's path would become much smoother in the future.

She walked towards Carrot who was on the ground and helped her up. "You did well! So do you wish to join me?"

Carrot got back onto her feet and dusted off the dirt on her clothes. "I would love to! Garchu!"

Right away, she jumped on Alyssia excitedly and chomped down on her ear. Alyssia let out a small sigh and then patted her head gently so that she would calm down.

After making arrangements with Carrot, she went to go meet Tristan who was helping out with several small tasks at the goat doctor's place of work while also reading some of his books in her free time.

As she entered, she had thought a lot about her future path and the mink's individual traits, she needed more knowledge of their physique so that she would not harm herself and train in the correct way.

The perfect person to find for that was the goat doctor who had inherited that knowledge. Upon coming close to him she looked through the Skills and Knowledge that he had and she looked towards a section that caught her eye.

[Mink Biology Expert/Master Grade] The study of biological life targeted toward the mink's body and their abilities, including the reason behind why Sulong shortens the body's lifespan when used.

Although Tristan was taking the route of chemistry and biology to assist her medical profession, Alyssia chose to learn more about biology and physics to assist her two Side Professions and also to figure out how to overcome the Sulong form's main flaw.

With the help of the system, she used up her points to purchase the Knowledge available to her to the Basic level of Biology from the doctor. As for the other Knowledge, she needed to find the right person to purchase the skills needed.

She bought the Basic Science (Biology) Skills and Knowledge necessary to upgrade her Science to the next level and also the Beginner and Basic Mink Biology Speciality Knowledge.

As she was there, she asked the goat doctor. "Is there anyone with knowledge of building tools that can use the energy of any kind?"

In order to master some kind of engineering or metalworking skill, she needed to find someone on Zou. Perhaps her solution was also in making an object that could regulate and amplify her Electro so that she does not waste the Electro that comes off her body.

The goat doctor thought for a moment and then replied. "There is an old house where an elderly mink is staying. Lindbergh used to visit him often and learn from him before he left many years back."

She took out a map of the area that she had drawn and then the doctor pointed towards where the old man should be located.

When she was leaving, suddenly Alyssia remembered that there was indeed such a character…

He was a mink who was a main member of the Revolutionary Army and seemed to have his own types of tools or weapons to assist him in combat which looked to be very steampunk along with the way he dressed.

Any wasted Electro that is discharged from the body would be stored and put to use in other ways which Alyssia found to be interesting.

If she developed a weapon for Carrot or Tristan in the future, then she could begin to think about making herself something to help with reducing the burden while in her Sulong form.

After Buying and Upgrading her Biology skills from the doctor, her points fell to 3376.

The Beginner Mink Biology cost fifty points while the Upgrade cost around one thousand five hundred since it was special and rare knowledge in the world, while the rest was spent purchasing the remaining Biology Knowledge that she lacked for the basic skill.

After thinking about it some more, she decided that she may come back later to learn more Skills from the goat doctor.

Even if she would have a high mastery of Physics and Biology later she will not let her Chemistry fall too far behind. She did not need to be an expert, but she still required the knowledge to assist with different experiments.

Although she did not wish to turn herself into a Cyborg it did not mean that she could not take another path in order to improve her strength and find a way to overcome the Sulong form's flaws.

The scientists in the world that are famous are Vegapunk for his Advanced Weaponry, Mechanical Inventions and his Devil Fruit Research, and Judge, Sanji's father who has come up with a way to enhance the human body and grant superhuman abilities. Judge also invented Power Suits for his children so that they could regulate and control their abilities better.

There is also Caesar Clown who focussed more on Chemical Gas Weapons and had some experiments on Gigantification and the fake Zoan Devil Fruits.

Finally, there is Queen of Kaido's crew who was a part of MADS with Judge and Vegapunk, he had found a way to apply their research to his own body which he had turned into a cyborg and applied several powers to himself but he was mostly known for the diseases he spreads around.

His nickname was "Queen the Plague" because of his knowledge of many types of unique or ancient diseases and their cure, but instead of being someone who helps others he chose to use them as weapons.

Even in a war, he released them in a crowd, which affected even his own people, which showed how dangerous of a person he was.

In order to not get caught off guard by one of these people in the future, she decided that her overall Science skills needs to be of a high enough rank so that she could learn their skills and counter them if needed.

5