First Team Battle
118 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

On the Calm Belt underneath the water, several large figures were seen swimming by each other, but nobody but a select few people could understand their words as they spoke.

One large Sea King with the body shape like a pufferfish released several air bubbles and communicated with the others. "The young ones are always full of energy these days…"

Another large Sea King with a body shape like an eel responded. "Just leave them to their games. We must stick to our duty and wait for our king to awaken. We must not get distracted by the small changes in the world no matter what. If some fools wish to waste their lives on a reckless pursuit, then let them do so. All we can do is guide them and if they do not listen, then there is nothing that we can do."

Another large goldfish shaped Sea King agreed with its words. "We shall await our king and remain in the calm belt until the time is right. If the young ones cross that line, then there is nothing we can do to protect themselves anymore. He is on his own now."

Suddenly there was a silence as if they all silently agreed and then they separated, no longer paying attention to the chaos that was happening above the sea.

In the hierarchy of the Sea Kings, the much larger ones are the most intelligent and wisest of their race, and the smaller or medium-sized Sea Kings were a lot slower and quick to anger.

This led to them being difficult to control and attacking many ships that journeyed on the Calm Belt over the years, giving the Calm Belt the reputation as a dangerous place that should not be crossed unless fully prepared.

However, today a ship had passed through even after getting noticed around halfway through the journey thanks to a combination of luck, the indifference of the larger Sea Kings and also a bit of skill and tactics.

It was certainly an experience worthy of putting into the crew's log book.

Meanwhile, back in the West Blue, just as the generator had overloaded, the wind picked up, and the ship began to move without the need for additional support.

Even though the serpent Sea King had many wounds on its body, it still chased after them even without the support of the larger Sea Kings that seemed to be supporting it.

It began to thrash around in the water as it was getting closer and closer to the ship, but all of a sudden, a shout was heard as it was drawing closer. "Fire!"

Suddenly, a long metal harpoon pierced into its body and attached to it was a chain.

It yelled out again as it was dealt a harsh wound that caused it a lot of pain, but suddenly another shot was fired, which entered into the upper part of its body near its head.

Then a voice was heard. "Keep the chains tight, but do not let it get close to the ship!"

All of a sudden, electric lights flashed and several figures stepped onto the chain that was between the ship and the serpent Sea King.

The first to flash across and arrive by the serpent was Alyssia, who jumped up from the chain and stabbed her Electro charged scythe bladed staffs into its body very easily.

She used her scythe like an ice pick or mountain climbing gear and used her momentum to stab at its body, then jump further up it as she climbed or jumped towards its head.

With each stab and jump, Electro dealt additional damage to its body, especially after being boosted by her ERG1, which had amplified her Electro damage from the lower half of her legs.

Meanwhile, a gunshot was heard and a clanging noise followed as a bullet hit its scales.

Nica looked at the bullet wound on its body and commented. "It hit and went through, but too shallow. I need to choose my target more carefully."

Right after she aimed upward and waited for an opportunity while nearby the figures of Carrot and Clifford appeared as they ran across the chain while Tristan assisted with anything on the ship as she knew that she would not be needed and if anyone was hurt, then was her time to put her skills to use.

Carrot's ERG1 activated the claw feature, and she began to pierce its body as she climbed up its body while releasing as much Electro as possible, which highly damaged the outside and some of the insides of the Sea King's body.

Clifford began to try to slash and pierce into the body of the big sea serpent with his Electro, but he was unable to inflict a deadly enough wound that could help as he had yet to reach the realm of a master swordsman that could cut steel.

A sudden change of the serpent's body hit him and caused him to fall back and nearly fell into the sea, but luckily, he was quick enough to grab onto the chain and then retreated with a look of defeat on his face. "I am too far away from those monsters. Where is my bone?"

Tristan gave him a quick check to see if he suffered from a wound, but he did not take that big of a fall and he would recover with a little rest however she still said to him. "Do not take it too harshly. They have all trained hard in their own way to get where they are, so just focus on your path and one day you will find you have made progress."

Tristan learned early that although she was growing in strength and was one of the four monsters of the group, she was still the weaker one, or at least somewhere near the bottom of the group, in terms of fighting capabilities.

Carrot and Alyssia had high physical skills while Nica had her technology so she had to train just as hard and hone her skills as a doctor just so that she would remain useful to the group, but even now she felt that it was best to be there in case of an accident or as a backup when something bad is about to happen.

Back in the fight between the three of the four main crew members and the sea serpent, Carrot and Alyssia continued to climb up its body and attack it with Electro.

Just as they reached the top, Alyssia put away her weapons and looked towards Carrot, who responded with a small cute smile as if she knew what was coming.

On top of the serpent, the two of them kicked off the ground at different angles so that Carrot's feet were facing upwards as she kicked her legs with all of her strength.

Just as she did that, her feet came into contact with Alyssia's who did the same and used that force to push herself up into the sky and begin to spin in the air above the serpent while Carrot used her feet to force her body back towards the body of the serpents head as she charged up Electro into her ERG1 that amplified the damage output and used her strongest Electro-charged attack as she speared her body towards the top of its head.

The attack seemed to have done a great deal of damage but the attack was a little shallow to be able to completely kill it, so she was shook off the head as it tried to devour her during its struggle against them.

Just as Carrot felt the hair on her body stand up as she detected her life in danger, the sound of another gunshot was heard. This time the serpent let out a shriek as its eye was pierced by a bullet and during that moment, the flow of the battle changed.

In the next second, a thin rope was thrown out towards Carrot, who was falling into the sea, and pulled her back towards the direction of Nica. Just as this was happening, the serpent wished to get revenge on Nica and Carrot, who caused it pain, but it was already too late.

Several flips forward, gaining a lot of momentum and power along with Electro powering the kick and suddenly a heel came into contact with its head as the sound of a cracking skull could be heard, then the second heel landed at around the same position as her other leg continued with its rotation and momentum from the fall.

The two blows exploded with concentrated Electro and physical power combined with the power of the fall and rotation of the Axe kicks, which caused great damage to the top of its head and spread the Electro deep into its brain, killing it.

Just as it fell into the sea, Alyssia quickly caught the rope that was thrown in her direction during her fall towards the sea. "That was a tricky opponent, but it cannot defeat a team of minks…. Good job everyone! Let's begin cutting it up and making it into something delicious! As for the rest of it… we can try to drag it toward the closest island to sell."

Sometimes she was glad that her choice was a mink and other times she would regret it for various reasons, but today was not one of those days as it helped her collect her crew members and had strong fighting prowess and instincts.

Much like the Diable Jambe version of Sanji's normal Concassé attack, Sanji uses Sky Walk to get high up in the air before tumbling down with his leg outstretched, gaining speed by spinning and then slams his heel on the top of the opponent's head.

Alyssia used her own version of this move that instead dealt two heel strikes as one landed first and was followed by the other to the head of the serpent while her tail helped a little with her landing and kept the second heel strike from losing too much power after the first one had landed.

It also helped that Carrot had done some damage to its head beforehand, and it was distracted by the sniper piercing its eye, which helped her land the fatal attacks.

The crew began to have a large meal with Sea King meat and stored some of it away for later while the rest of it was dragged towards the next island.

5