Trouble and Clash
118 0 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The berries that the crew received were spent on fixing up the ship and buying anything that was missing.

Alyssia was enjoying her time browsing weapon shops and looking at the different styles of staff and guns in their possession.

In Logue Town, though the weapon store sold many types of weapons even the cheap sword in the barrel had a price range of fifty thousand berries while the weapons behind the counter were shown to range from one to five million berries per weapon which were believed to be his better-quality items.

Thanks to the difficulty of killing a Sea King and their rarity of appearing on the market, it was coveted by the Navy, the World Government and the Nobles, so the crew had a lot of spending money.

After purchasing a couple of different styles of guns and rifles and their bullets for her and Nica's research purposes, she picked out a couple of different shapes of staff of high quality and asked the shopkeeper. "Who made these? Is it anyone local?"

Although she was not an expert in forging and metalworking from what she had learned on Zou, she still had an eye for high-quality products, especially when there was a higher price tag on it.

Some skills needed a lot of studying and experimentation which made them easy to master but others take too long to perfect the timing, control and use of various materials for skills like blacksmithing to forge different types of weapons, armour or other tools.

If it was another skill that did not require so much time and patience then she would gladly put her time into learning it earnestly but truthfully, she did not have the talent for it and even with the system's help, there would always be some kind of fault with her final product.

Hers and Nica's speciality was in engineering, energy science and physics so although repairs could be made and things could be built, they would not be the sturdiest or high-quality items unless she found someone to properly forge the parts from the design so that the final product does not break apart during a battle.

The old man at the counter inspected them and spoke. "Don't even think about it… I had a hard time getting hold of those myself. Some of them are from the island's best forger but he is tied up with the royalty of the country and cannot escape from his duty to produce weapons for their army, but some slip through to some of the higher-ranking noble families or the black market. The others are brought in from another island, but I have their information in the back if you need it?"

'So, if I approach such an individual for his skills, I risk offending the royals just as I have settled down here temporarily… I can't have them complaining to the Marines and risk a bounty on my head.' Alyssia nodded and then replied. "Alright, that would be a great help. Thanks."

Alyssia thought about it again and came to the conclusion. 'I really need a character like Franky who is good at building things and has knowledge in many areas or at least someone with high forging skills.'

After a couple of days, the crew had bought many things after her weapon purchases.

Nica bought many types of books, ores, minerals and other types of materials like some gun powder to develop her weapons further and research.

Carrot bought many clothes for herself and the others as she visited many clothing stores.

Tristan bought any books containing techniques or methods to deal with various diseases, poisons or injuries to enhance her usefulness to the crew in times of need, along with some herbs and other tools.

Clifford bought two swords to replace the badly damaged old sword that he had carried for a long time while Archie bought some wood, nails, and other tools to help make some repairs and modifications on the ship.

On the ship, the sound of hammering and the busy crew members working on their own things could be heard.

After working out at a high intensity, Alyssia could be seen in a yoga-like pose, stretching and bending her body in different ways. As she finished, she wiped her face with a towel and headed out of the room to check on the other's progress.

On the ship, there were many new things including different types of weights for training, but the biggest change was the front of the ship, which had been modified a little.

The top half of the Sea King's head in its skeletal form was now put in place on the front of the ship, exposing the large teeth in a clear view of those that have a view of the front of the ship.

Instead of the design of the two snakes on the front of the ship like the Kuja Pirates, her ship now had the top half of the skull from a Sea King, which had a crack at the top of it from Alyssia's kick.

Suddenly, there was a commotion nearby which distracted her from the status of her crew members.

A large group of pirates were approaching the ship with a look of greed in their eyes. After the sale of the Sea King, many would be tempted by a large amount of berries that it was sold for and her crew would become targets of such people.

There were factions split into different categories among them too.

One group believed that her crew had taken down the Sea King with their own skills, another group believed that they must have a high-grade weapon capable of killing Sea Kings while another believed that they just so happened to come across its dead body by luck.

If the first was true then she and her crew were dangerous and should not be provoked but if the other two were true then there was little risk of their deaths if they tested out their theory or let others do it for them because they believed that Alyssia and her crew would not risk using such a weapon in front of so many people on the island that could also cause heavy damage to the surroundings. 

The first people who approached were a small-time and greedy group of pirates with a low bounty who believed that their opponents were either lucky to get the Sea King’s corpse after its death or it was already heavily wounded so was easy to finish off with cannons so they felt no threat from Alyssia's crew.

Looking at them below as they tried to climb aboard the ship, Alyssia yelled. "Everyone, get ready to fight! No use of special abilities and practice your physical/weapons skill. If possible, subdue, but if you cannot help killing them, nobody would care."

As their cover was that of Zoan Devil Fruit users, they could not use their Electro in public and killing many people would create a bad image even if they were pirates.

She took out a couple of different staffs that she had purchased and chose one to wield, while others got themselves ready for combat in their own way.

Suddenly the pirates heard a loud declaration as they were climbing on board "We challenge you pirates to a duel! Name yourselves and accept if you dare!"

Angered by the challenge, their captain yelled in a rage. "As the Blood Axe Pirates Captain, Vic Goa, I accept your duel but do not think I will spare you! If you want mercy from me, you will be asking the wrong person. Hahaha! Men, Kill them all!"

On board the ship, Alyssia was seen resting her body on the upright staff while looking down at the approaching pirates and she let out a sigh. "It is time to earn back some points and gain more fame…"

She looked at the side of the docking area where there were many onlookers in the dark and her eyes turned cold. "Keep sending them.. it will only feed me more."

A big smirk appeared on her face as her crew appeared behind her one by one, waiting for the arrival of the pirates.

The leader, Blood Axe arrived on board the ship first followed by his men and kept a distance.

In one hand he had a long wooden axe and in the other, he had a pistol like the typical swashbuckler stereotype, but instead of a sword, he had an axe.

As he appeared in range, Alyssia closed her eyes briefly as her crew members approached the intruding pirates and she scanned through their skills and began to quickly tell the system to purchase anything related to blade, staff and axe type of weapon mastery and anything additional body skills.

After a long time of using her staff and reaper blade attachments, she found that she was still lacking variety and experience so she needed to gain more from her opponents who had more varied weapon skills outside of Zou, as they mainly focused on a specific type of swordsmanship that did not suit her.

One of the skills that caught her eye was the Acrobat skill that focussed on balance, flexibility, agility, strength and stage presence.

Although the skills weren't high in this area among the pirates, they did have the basic experience of fighting on board a ship while on the water, which gave them better control of their bodies and balance.

As someone who had been living on an island all her life, she had not come into contact with the Acrobat skill but her climbing and jumping skills were constantly being improved so when confronted with the pirates she was still not at much of a disadvantage even if they had more experience with combat on board a ship.

While she opened her eyes, the system began to purchase everything specified even if it had already been bought from someone else, the small amounts of experiences one person had that filled in the system’s skill page was being reconstructed with the parts of the others that were purchased with a minuscule amount of points.

Nica climbed up high on the ship and began to fire from a distance at anyone with a gun to provide some support. She adjusted the small top hat on her head that was about to fall off after firing a shot and then reloaded her gun once again.

Just as she did that, a pirate was shot through the arm and dropped his pistol on the ground while wailing in pain.

Tristan went hand to hand with several of the weaker pirates that had sticks/bats of some kind or fought unarmed and made use of her boxing focussed fighting style while using her footwork and flexibility to manoeuvre through her opponent's attacks 

One second she would avoid a weapon strike and then move to block a fist with her guard up and then respond with a knockout punch before moving around again to avoid another attack.

Carrot, who had a more free and wild style of fighting, jumped into the crowd and began to kick an opponent, which she used to vault herself towards another or to avoid an attack.

Archie, who had a tougher physique but did not have much enjoyment for combat, entered the battle by using his large body to break their formation with a slap from his palm towards the nearest person, which would either knock them out or over.

After completing his job of breaking them up, he picked up a nearby pistol and began to fire it toward a nearby pirate.

Clifford held his two new swords as his tongue was hung down the side of his mouth when he opened it to yell. "Get them! Let me test these swords out on you guys."

Suddenly he clashed against the first person that he met and parried with one weapon while striking with the other.

The pirate was put on the defensive very quickly and grit his teeth as he continued to get pushed back by Clifford's quick swordsmanship.

It did not take long before his concentration wavered and he was cut, which made him drop his weapon. He was then kicked to the ground and Clifford continued to meet another opponent as he was focused on either defending himself or disarming his enemies.

Meanwhile, Alyssia was in the middle of the battle as the pirates' numbers continued to increase.

She vaulted herself into the air with the staff and appeared above the captain, who raised his pistol to aim at her. Her instincts screamed danger but after many experiences and using the knowledge she had gathered, she carefully examined the pistol and where it was pointed towards.

Suddenly, she lifted the metallic staff in front of herself after predicting the path of the bullet and thrust it forward to meet the oncoming bullet before it reached her.

This knocked her off her original position while deflecting the bullet. It was a risky decision, but it saved her from an injury. But now she landed away from her intended place of landing.

Several pirates surrounded her but instead of waiting for them to come and get trapped by them, she moved forward with her staff and waved it downward towards the first person that she came, hitting them in the face after breaking through their wooden weapon upon contact.

Someone appeared behind her, but her senses were sharp. Even without experiencing a lot of combat where she was outnumbered on Zou, her beast instinct allowed her to stay vigilant and sharp.

She changed the grip on her staff and turned it so that it was thrust backwards toward the chest of her attacker, which broke through to hit his ribs, knocking him off his feet.

As she pulled back the staff, she sighed with many enemies around her. "It is too thick and heavy… Hey Archie! Throw me another staff and be ready to get a new one if I need it."

Choosing a weapon is a difficult task and needs careful consideration so that it suits the individual.

Alyssia was taking these steps while testing the shape, length, thickness and weight to find out what best suited her. Even with her meagre staff skills that she had picked up and learned recently, she still knew how to feel if she was comfortable using a certain weapon.

After entering the weapon store, she picked a couple of cheap or medium-quality staffs of different designs so that she could find out what best suited her. Once she knew the specifics, she could make additional plans on how her staff should be changed or modified to fit her better.

Just as another round of gunshots went off, the captain was disarmed and Alyssia rotated as she swung the staff around to hit the approaching pirates near her and made them back off but some of them were damaged by the heavy swing and the power that was behind it.

6