A Whole New World
238 9 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Rylian had been reincarnated into the world of Arcaeodom long enough to learn three important lessons. 

  1. Don’t get involved with the relic hunters or questors of the Archeo-Defense Guild unless they want to buy something.

  2. Avoid any of the large factions.

  3. The other reincarnators are idiots, don’t even go near them.

Relic hunters and questors from the Archeo-Defense Guild always either cause or find trouble quite easily, the last time that Rylian joined a relic hunting team as a blacksmith, they unintentionally activated a bunch of turrets inside a destroyed ALDF facility. Killed most of themselves in the process, except for him and their backliners.

The large countries and factions in Arcaeodom are all pretty shitty, there are a few exceptions here and there, but even the exceptions are shady. The main three factions in this insane world are the Føniks Kingdom which is basically on the decline due to its ruler preventing technological development, the Mechanicum Dominion who are all nutjobs who are basically the opposite of the Føniks Kingdom as they favor technology over magic, and the Rashiel Republic which apparently has ghosts roaming its deserts.

And that leaves the other reincarnators…

What can Rylian say about the other reincarnators besides them being fucking idiots. To put it simply, when whatever god out there decided to isekai a bunch of idealistic teens (and three, actually reasonable)with a game-esque system into whatever Arcaeodom counts as they’re still going to try and be idealistic. 

While fucking up everything in the process.

Rylian massaged his head, just remembering what those idiots did gave him a headache.

“Whatever, not my problem anymore,” Rylian mumbled to himself as he interacted with his interface, “Just gotta finish this gun and I’m done with all of the weekly orders.”

Turning his head to the left to check his filament numbers, he realized he was quite low on abiotic filament and had to refill it. Sighing to himself, Rylian put down the rifle he was working on and headed to his storage room.


Pushing open the storage room door, he quickly scanned the messily stacked containers of vegetables, fruits, and cheap magical toys to find the box of rocks he needed. Once more, he gestured to his left interface and opened it.

Abiotic Filament

Biotic Filament

Energy Filament

Fluid Filament

Magical Filament

10% Capacity

89% Capacity

64% Capacity

95% Capacity

44% Capacity

Everyone who got isekai’d into this world was given a system by whatever eldritch abomination brought them here, each one was tailored to the person’s personality and as such not all of them were combat-related.

“Though I still don’t know why I was given this system,” Rylian mused to himself. After all, he might’ve enjoyed building with ARMOs blocks when he was younger, but he never actually was that into engineering. He was more of a musician until he got bored of that and became a writer. But he digressed, something gave him this system for a reason, but he didn’t really care why. 

All Rylian knew is that he was given the ‘Modern Development System’ that let him have access to stuff like 3d printers, laser cutters, and machines a modern engineer would use except he doesn’t actually use the machines themselves. He simply uses the interface to replicate what they’d do normally.

A pretty good benefit overall, but not one that’d be useful for frontline combat as it's quite slow to build stuff and it doesn’t actually give him knowledge. 

Yep, Rylian had to study from Arcaedom’s various books to learn how to actually use the shit he was given. Thankfully, Arcaeodom was a strange combination of futuristic fantasy so, he was able to read up on how to use a 3d printer and other tech, otherwise his ‘Modern Development System’ would’ve been impossible to figure out.

Roughly counting each rock inside the container, Rylian shrugged and poured it straight into his interface and watched as the numbers increased.

Abiotic Filament

Biotic Filament

Energy Filament

Fluid Filament

Magical Filament

60% Capacity

89% Capacity

64% Capacity

95% Capacity

44% Capacity

“Should be more than enough to finish the gun.” Rylian said to himself as he put the container in a pile nearby the storage room door to be filled at a later date and walked back into his workshop.


Rylian’s workshop was clean owing to the fact that all his necessary machinery and tools were a part of his system which meant that cleanup was quite easy. However, he still had 3d printers, laser cutters, other machines, and some blacksmithing tables lying around to hide the fact that he had a system in the first place. 

After the first incident by those damn idiots, those found with a system weren’t treated well.

Walking toward his main workshop table, he carefully grabbed the gun he was working on and restarted the 3d printing process. 

The gun Rylian was working on was a variant of the basic Elemental Rifle carried by practically every militia and hunter in Arcaeodom. It resembled a Russian Mosin-Nagant to an almost scary degree despite being created in another world entirely. Although it did contain some magical script on the wood it was made of, and because the rifle he was working on was imbued with lightning mana, the script glowed a bright yellow.

As he waited for the 3d printing process to finish creating the push feed, his mind wandered back to the customer who commissioned this from him.


1 week ago

“You bastard! Come back here!” Rylian yelled as his latest ‘customer’ ran out of his shop’s front door like the devil was on him. The damn bastard attempted to convince Rylian that he’d pay him back for the repairs after he completed a bounty. 

Jumping over his own display cases, Rylian attempted to follow the bastard outside but the bastard had already escaped into the crowds of people walking around. 

“Fuck,” Rylian cursed, “That’s two days that I’ve wasted on this thing.” He turned toward the exosuit that he’d finished repairing which was now standing on one of his armor racks within his shop. “At least, I can sell this thing to someone else later.” He sighed and walked back into his store.

Although, he barely got back behind the counter where he usually stood when he heard the jingle of the door being opened again. Plastering the best customer service smile on his face, he turned toward the person and spoke up, “Welcome to Rylian’s Repairs and Reliquaries, what can I do for you?”

While he waited for the potential customer’s response, Rylian took the time to observe his body language and items. His newest customer was clearly nervous as his brown eyes darted everywhere, but there was also a hint of wonder in his eyes as well. An up-and-coming questor perhaps? His armor was the basic armor that the Archeo-Defense Guild gave to those that passed its initial tests. It wasn’t bad or anything, it was better than the leather armor that the militiamen get, as they were made of a composite fiber that was basically a flak jacket combined with some light metals. 

Rylian was broken out of his thoughts when his potential customer finally spoke up, “Uh- yeah, I’m looking for a gun that I can use.” He stammered out. 

Rylian palmed at his eyes, “What kind of gun do you need?” This was why he didn’t like rookies. And before his customer could respond Rylian continued on, “Do you want a rifle, a pistol, a machine gun? What kind of creature are you hunting? Do you have any experience with a gun?”

The young adult seemed to freeze for a moment before answering, “Ah, I was a part of my town’s militia for a bit and I’m hunting an… uh,” he looked down toward the tablet attached to his right hip, picking it up and reading it out loud, “A rogue Spectre that’s wandering the woods near-”

“Alright, I got it.” Rylian interrupted the teen before he could list his entire quest. “Word of advice if you’re willing to listen to a guy like me, don’t say more than what’s needed about your quest. Someone might just decide to complete it before you do.”

“Ah, thanks for the advice, sir.” 

“You don’t have to thank me… to get back on topic, I’d recommend a rifle of some sort, pistols will struggle to penetrate a Spectre and anything else might get a bit expensive.” Rylian gestured to a nearby weapons rack, pointing toward one of the lower rifles on it. 

“A basic elemental rifle should work,” he turned back to look at his customer, “Since you were a militiaman for a bit, you should have some experience with it right?”

The teen’s whole demeanor seemed to brighten with a bit more confidence as he responded, “Yes sir! Served for two years straight.”

“That’s good then, I’d recommend getting an elemental rifle imbued with lightning to easily take down a Spectre, although… if you do get your rifle imbued with lightning, the best spot to disable a Spectre is by hitting it in its sole eye.”

“Is that its weak spot sir?”

“Yep, and it's directly connect to its CPU, if you tried to shoot it anywhere else, you’d just piss it off.”

“Understood! I’ll take that then sir!”

“That’ll be one hundred gold pieces for the rifle, an extra two-fifty for the imbuing, and an extra twenty-five if you want a repair and cleaning kit.”


The teen accepted the entire deal, hence why he’s finishing up the gun as his last order.

“Whew,” Rylian wiped his forehead which was drenched with sweat, despite the system doing most of the heavy lifting when creating items, he did get tired from using it still, he can’t just create fifteen guns in one day without any strain after all.

Carefully picking up the rifle, he slowly inspected every inch of the rifle before deeming it complete and cleaning it of any leftover residue. Putting it down into its case, he carefully inscribed his artisan’s mark on it to mark his work. Every artisan from an engineer to an alchemist to an armorsmith had their own personal mark that they put on all of their works to show that they made it. Rylian’s mark was an inverted R surrounded by a recreation of Earth, just something to keep reminding him of where he used to live.

Closing the case, he exited his workshop and headed upstairs to his bedroom. 

He’d worked enough today, it's sleep time.


Addendum:

Spoiler

Map:

Spoiler

6UntXDa.jpg

[collapse]

Arcaeodom - The lands of Arcaedom have a high regard for magic and technology as much research and experimentation has been put into every field available leading to new items being created and old knowledge being found in the ruins of the Arcaedom League. However all is not well, not all experiments can lead to a good result and many go awry creating monsters and great catastrophes. 

Archeo-Defense Guild - Due to the various new creatures and monsters, the Archeo-Defense Guild where aspiring questors come to fulfill bounties on both natural-born and newly-created monsters was founded by men and women lost to time.

ALDF - The Archeodom League Defence Force used to be a worldwide government led by Yeriel Cain, their knowledge of technology and magic was unrivaled and many consider their ruling as a time of great peace. However, after an assassination on Yeriel Cain alongside a rebellion, it fell due to infighting between the nations involved.

Føniks Kingdom - A monarchy created after the fall of the Arcaedom League founded by Yeriel Cain. Amariel, who led the rebellion against the Arcaedom League now rules over the area with a fist of steel. He has restricted the spread of new technology and as such much knowledge has been lost and the kingdom is on a downward spiral.

Mechanicum Dominion - The leading faction in recovering and discovering new knowledge. They place much emphasis on technology and unlike most of the world, the citizens and government of the Mechanicum Dominion hate magic, believing that technology should replace it. They have a special division called the Inquisitorial Knights dedicated to hunting down any and all mages within their lands.

Rashiel Republic - A fledgling republic that is holding onto their survival using the harsh desert of their homeland to their advantage. There is nothing special about them on the surface, but there have been rumors of ghosts appearing throughout the lands of their rivaling factions that seem to originate from here.

 Elemental Rifle - A simple bolt action rifle that’s freely available to almost everyone. It doesn’t come with an element already imbued in it, but due to the materials used in its creation, it can accept almost any type of mana making it very adaptable.

[collapse]

First original work on this site get! Hopefully, this chapter wasn't filled with too much exposition. Please give me any criticism or suggestions so that I can improve, I'm only an amateur author, so I need all the help I can get. And thanks for reading.

12