Rewrite
52 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It's funny. I had a whole (extremely childish, at least in my opinion) rant that I made when I was tired and feeling pretty emotional but I feel like 99% of people don't care or don't want to read it. But to summarize, I'm not writing this story anymore.

At least in its current iteration.

I'm removing several elements, primarily the litrpg and isekai elements, because I shoehorned those things in purely for views. But that just made me hate writing or even planning for this story. So I'm keeping this story 'pure' when I rewrite it. I'm still debating whether or not I should delete this story off the site entirely or keep it archived.

If for some reason you want to read the strange rant I made at like 3:00AM in the morning here it is:

Spoiler

Y'know I don't really like reading this story despite writing it myself. Because the isekai and litrpg elements were entirely shoehorned in just because I wanted more people to read this story. And what's worse is that it did work. The other story that I've been writing for a bit has 872 chapter views whereas this story has 733 chapter views. This wouldn't be as soul-sucking as it is for me if it wasn't the fact that my other story has 31,466 words while this half-assed story only has 5,282 words. The thing is I do enjoy the setting I've made for this story, hell I've been running a DnD campaign set in this universe, but the reincarnation and litrpg elements as small as they are currently, are the reason for my writer's block (alongside my total lack of skill with writing fight scenes). So, I've decided that I'm going to do a complete rewrite to remove all the litrpg and isekai/reincarnation elements that I had planned and make it a regular story under a new title. Same characters, and same universe, just without that. Even if the rewrite gets less views, I don't have it in me to care anymore. All I can do is write anyway, might as well write something that I want to write. To be honest, I don't even know why I'm even deciding to publish this rant online rather than just getting rid of this story and starting anew without a word.

[collapse]

Oh and if you're interested in the rewrite here's a short preview of the first chapter:

Spoiler

 The Archivist of the Collectanea’s face remained somewhat impassive despite watching the final remnants of the ALDF wage a grueling guerrilla war in the snow-covered terrain of the Machina Dominion against Acheron’s relentless regiments. Yet, he still let out a sigh of regret as he closed the large book in his hands.

Not because of the end of the Age of Light and the beginning of the Age of Loss.

Not because of the regression of technology and magic.

Not because of the murder of the Royal Family of the Archaeodom League.

And not because humanity has once more begun to fight amongst itself.

For he knew that humanity would endure. They always did. After all, he was the first before he ascended.

He was not regretful because of chaos spreading across Archaeodom. He was regretful that this chapter of humanity ended so early and that he never saw what could’ve been. The knowledge they would discover and the tales that would occur.

However, it wasn’t all lost. They would regress, then they would relearn, and then they would progress to a new high before falling into an even deeper valley of regression.

It was a cycle, one that has been fulfilled since his birth and ascension. Each cycle gives him more tales to catalog with each being completely unique from the other.

Still, he was particularly interested in this cycle. It was a shame that this one ended so early, lasting only five centuries before collapsing. Unlike the Phoenix Alliance which lasted nearly a millennia before it collapsed due to a fallen god invading. 

While the Phoenix Alliance’s collapse was a tragedy, a group of heroes who had not lost their way falling to fell a god, the ALDF could’ve been… should’ve been better.

Everything went their way, out of all the cycles they had the best technology, the best knowledge of magic, the strongest soldiers, and the most knowledgeable populace.

Except, of course, there were those who despised those factors. People like Acheron who wish to hoard all the technology and knowledge for themselves.

The sounds of footsteps filled the ears of the Archivist’s current magical projection despite the sporadic gunfire coming from the battle nearby. Several millennia of experience from the memories of the fallen filled his mind combined with his own allowing the Archivist to identify that the footsteps came from one of his Bibliothecs. The Bibliothec of the Divisio Gammaiel to be exact.

How peculiar.

He thought that the Bibliothec of the Divisio Deltaharis would’ve came instead. After all, most of his Bibliothecs only begrudgingly assisted him in his goals with only the Bibliothec of the Divisio Deltaharis having a somewhat amicable relationship with him.

Though, internally, he congratulated the Gammaiel Bibliothec for he managed to sneak up on him and forced him to temporarily inherit the memories of billions of soldiers in order to identify him.

And wouldn’t that be concerning to the people of Archaeodom, that a man despite being nearly three and a half meters tall could sneak up on even the best of humanity.

The Archivist lightly chuckled to himself, they would definitely be terrified that the Gammaiel Bibliothec was not a specialist in stealth but rather in frontline combat. Hence why the Gammaiel Bibliothec was in full power armor that despite its futuristic appearance, still held the heraldry of a knight from a kingdom long forgotten. From afar, a soldier might mistake him for a regular man in plate but up close there was no hiding the minute humming of a Vaporhil generator.

But he was digressing, there was a more pressing question in this current situation after all. Why was the Gammaiel Bibliothec here in the first place?

“High Archivist.” The Gammaiel Bibliothec greeted him reluctantly.

The Archivist nodded, “You’ve come here to report something interesting.” It was a statement, not a question because that was the only reason that the Archivist could think of that would force the Gammaiel Bibliothec to be in his presence rather than sending one of his men.

The Gammaiel Bibliothec sighed, “Correct, Archeron’s forces are somewhat aware of the Collectanea’s existence, they’ve successfully managed to remove four of our field operatives stationed in his inner circle.”

The Archivist raised his eyebrows and turned to face the Gammaiel Bibliothec.

“That is concerning. Do you know how?”

“In one of his usual purges, his agents managed to intercept one of our couriers, and the message implicated our field operatives. However, the courier managed to activate Grayscale Protocols, to prevent full knowledge of our existence. Archeron currently believes we’re most likely part of the AIA or a remnant of the Archaeodom Intelligence Agency.”

“I see.” The Archivist turned back to face the warzone, “Inform our field operatives to go into deep cover and only listen to orders from Continental Commanders and above.”

“Understood.” Despite the acknowledgment of the Archhvist’s orders, the Gammaiel Bibliothec didn’t move.

There was a period of silence between the Bibliothec and the Archivist, only the sounds of the harsh winds and the battle were heard. The Archivist’s trench coat fluttered around as the wind blew against him. The smell of gunpowder and the distinct feeling of mana being manipulated by the mages from both armies permeated the air.

“If you give the order, my Divisio will march to war and crush Archeron’s forces.” The power armor-wearing man said quietly, barely audible to even the Archivist’s ears through the harsh winds.

The Archivist sighed and put his hands in his coat pockets, “That is not necessary. If this is the path that humanity has chosen, then it is the path that they shall walk.”

And the two watched. They watched until a whole month had passed and Archeron’s forces were finally forced to retreat through the Alliance’s desperate tactics.

And they watched as Archeron’s forces detonated a Mana Bomb forcing the Windtian Mountain into eternal winter.

[collapse]
1