Chapter 3—Bones in Snow (1.3)
75 1 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
This chapter has been sponsored!

Chapter 3—Bones in Snow (1.3)

by Bocchan13

4 years later

Ye Zhou picked his nose as he fanned himself with a straw hat. It was the midst of autumn, but the scorching heat was still prevalent. Ye Zhou wanted to strip off his robes and fly naked in the river, but tapped down that feeling.

“Zhou Zhou!! Zhou Zhou!!” Ye Zhou stopped fanning himself and smiled brilliantly at the little boy in his cute green robes run towards him. His small ponytail was bouncing on his head as he waved a branch full of autumn flowers.

“Look, Look! These look like you!”

Ye Zhou happily caught the youth and threw him up in the air, hearing the cute gurgling as he demanded another turn. Ye Zhou happily obliged and lifted him up again. The cute little boy was indeed Yuan Chen’s and Prince Xing Li Mei’s son Yuan Zhong.

Ye Zhou had lived in this body for four years now. In these four years, he had regained the memories of Ye Zhou but not his original one. Instead, he got this freaky thing called a ‘System’ that talked to him about a ‘mission’.

At first, Ye Zhou was hesitant to follow this mysterious thing, but as it predicted many things that happened in the future, Ye Zhou used it whenever he was in a pickle.

Like these things called ‘boosters’ that you used to make your body exceed expectation, or ‘halos’ that were situational. Ye Zhou only had to think about it and it would appear. However, every time he did this he would get tired and had to rest.

Situations like when the little master was almost kidnapped, he had used a finding spell that could locate his whereabouts in the surrounding vicinity, or when the Princess had gone into a coma, he used a healing potion on her, curing her of her ailments.

This all came at a price.

Ye Zhou gladly paid it as long as it made them happy. Throughout these four years, he and the Princess had a somewhat cordial friendship. Despite both loving the same man, with him out in the borders, it was as if they were just two colleagues talking over fresh tea.

Ye Zhou became the de-facto baby sitter of Yuan Chen’s child when the princess was sick. At first he was hesitant since he knew he never touched a baby before.

But day after day, week after week, and years later when the baby stood up to take his first steps, say his first word (which was his name by the way) and laughed for the first time, it created a huge attachment to Ye Zhou, who might have liked children from the start.

However, his peaceful existence was coming to a close soon, because the main cause of Ye Zhou’s misery was coming back: Yuan Chen. He was coming back in time for his son’s 4th birthday. Ye Zhou wanted to spit out the bad luck, but had to quickly hide his disgust.

After seeing Ye Zhou’s memories, all he had to think about Yuan Chen was scum. SCUM. SCCCUUUMMMMM!!!

Hmmph! Ye Zhou helped Yuan Zhong change his clothes, wiping his fingers one by one. Yuan Zhong was used to this attentive care and just use his other hand to pluck off flowers from the branch and put it on his head.

“Pretty!”

Ye Zhou paused a little as the memory surfaced of his dad doing this to him. Gahh! Blood runs thick in this one!

Ye Zhou only scolded him lightly at how he dirtied his hand again and took a damp cloth, proceeding to clean it again. Yuan Zhong giggled and let Ye Zhou do his work.

A large shadow suddenly came into the little master’s room. Ye Zhou was still busy caring for the little master’s hands and didn’t see the large man behind him. Yuan Zhong on the other hand was immediately taken aback in fright at this man.

The man’s gaze was on Ye Zhou, his glowing amber eyes perusing the slender body hunched over. Yuan Chen’s gaze was frightening as he slowly walked into the room.

“Uwah?” The little baby was confused at the intrusion of a stranger, his shoulders trembling. Ye Zhou felt the vibration and tenderly spoke to Yuan Zhou,

“What’s the matter sweetie? You need to pee?”

Ye Zhou turned the stunned baby around and smelled his butt. There was no odd smell, so he tipped his head to the side, revealing the dangling red bead from his hair.

“What’s wrong—“

Ye Zhou suddenly felt the pressure, his heart hitching. This overpowering presence squashed Ye Zhou to the point of pain. Ye Zhou was afraid to turn around for fear of what he would see. He now saw this large shadow enveloping the two of them like a monster, ready to devour.

Ye Zhou pressed the child into his chest, hugging him tightly, showing his back to the danger.

“Whoever you are, please leave! This is the young master’s quarters!”

Ye Zhou subtly thought of a weapon.

[DING! Dagger of Rama. Pros: Able to stab accurately anytime. Cons: Can only be used when there is killing intent against the owner. Soul points: 40. Purchased]

Ye Zhou felt the dagger come into his palms. Before he could say anything again, he felt warmth envelop his back.

Ye Zhou’s body was shocked with pleasure, his entire body that was taut with worry, relaxed like a deflated balloon. He felt large arms wrap around the two of them as a deep enriched voice followed the pathways to his eardrums, stroking him violently.

“Ah Zhou, I’m home.”

Ye Zhou closed his eyes when he heard the familiar voice.

I’m not Ye Zhou. I’m not Ye Zhou. I’m not Ye Zhou.

Ye Zhou shivered as those hands travelled around his body, caressing everything in its path. Ye Zhou felt like a moan was the proper sound to make, but held back as the caresses ultimately landed on Ye Zhou’s hair, to the small red bead that he never took off.

“Have you forgiven me?”

This one phrase stilted anything pleasant feeling Ye Zhou just had. Immediately, he jerked the hand that had touched him and looked at the frightened Yuan Zhong who was clutching the front of his robes.

Ye Zhou straightened up, ignoring Yuan Chen and cradled the baby in his embrace.
“Little master, where you scared? Don’t worry. I won’t let any bastard hurt you.” Ye Zhou enunciated the bastard, cleaving any chance they had at reconciliation.

Ye Zhou turned around, but didn’t give so much as a glance at the man, before leaving the room, the child still holding on to him tightly.

Yuan Chen watched as the two left. The hand that had stroked Ye Zhou’s hair was still warm from his body heat. He clenched his hand tightly, and closed his eyes.

He didn’t know why when he felt Ye Zhou; this huge urge to overpower him and take him to where no one would find him suddenly took over his mind.

Before, he felt that their love was both mutually lovely, and mutually painful. He had married a woman like Ye Zhou wanted, and fled to the borders with self-hatred at touching someone other than him…but…now it as if there was an inferno of possessiveness taking over him.

Take him. Take him. Take him.

How stupid was he? Why did he marry someone else?

Aren’t you the worst of the worst?

Yuan Chen saw the kind eyes and loving words leave Ye Zhou’s lips, but they were towards this son he had never met, that had his amber eyes and dimpled cheeks.

Ye Zhou…probably didn’t love him anymore.

 

 

 

So just take him back

Yuan Chen turned to see Ye Zhou’s back. So strong yet so gentle at the same time. He felt that if he didn’t do something, he would lose Ye Zhou forever.

Yuan Chen left his son’s hall into the empty courtyard.

“Husband?”

Yuan Chen glanced up at the Princess, who was walking to her son’s room. Behind her were three maids who instantly blushed at this beautifully crafted man.

Yuan Chen could feel absolutely nothing, just nodding his head.

“I’ve come back earlier than expected.”

Princess Xing Li Mei bowed deeply, her red apple cheeks brightening.

“Welcome home, Master.”

 

 

7