19. Devil Fruit Encyclopedia.
185 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

‘’Well then, newbie…’’ A young man with a beefier body and a douche look got seated at the smaller table and asked.

‘’How was your training? I haven’t seen Garp torturing someone in such a way for loooong time.’’ He let out a chuckle as he rested his chin on the palm of his hand.

‘’What do you want, Crook?’’ Dante closed the book he was reading and asked from the bulky young man.

‘’I am just curious,’’ Crook said with an almost childish-like grin.

After hearing his question, I raised my head away from the book and answered.

‘’Painful.’’

‘’Heh.’’ Crook was amused at such a simple answer. Then, he took a book from the shelf and turned it around for everyone to see.

[Devil Fruit Encyclopedia]

‘’Well, Liam, do you have a Devil Fruit ability?’’ He asked with a half-serious and half-joking tone.

Dante rolled his eyes, ‘’I am sure he would have used it against me if he had.’’

‘’Who knows.’’ Crook shrugged his shoulders, ‘’It could be some useless Devil Fruit that won’t work in combat, or he wants to hide his ability.’’

Ava’s attention shifted away from the book. She seemed to be annoyed at Crook’s presence.

‘’What is Devil Fruit?’’ During their talk, I had no idea what they were talking about.

Devil Fruit?

That bulky young man talked something about ability, and I guessed that it might be some ability the natives of Fantasy Online’s world would have. Then, it would seem possible for players to achieve that power.

However, I haven’t heard anyone talk about it in forums, which means that it might lead to Secret Quest!

A glint of expectation reflected in my eyes as I leaned closer to listen.

Dante and Crook’s faces showed surprise at Liam’s lack of knowledge about Devil Fruit’s. Everyone and their mothers would know about it in New World.

Only if someone was on one of the four seas, living in some remote village, wouldn’t know.

‘’Where are you from?’’ Crook asked with mouth curving slightly up, ‘’Or, are you just stupid?’’

‘’Give me that!’’ Dante yanked the book out of Crook’s grasp and handed it to Liam.

After receiving the book, I curiously opened the first page, and it talked all about Devil Fruits.

Devil Fruits are mysterious, distinctive fruits scattered throughout the world, known for granting their eaters permanent superhuman powers and an equally permanent inability to swim.

There were three types of Devil Fruits.

Paramecia offer’s a vast array of strange abilities. They could vary from the simple power of body alteration or more destructive environmental alteration.

Logia grants the users the power to become and control natural elements.

Zoan allows the user to transform into animal or animal hybrids.

After reading the first page, my interest was officially piqued. Then, I turned to the second page that already showed Devil Fruits.

The first ones were different-colored Fruits with strange symbols and vortex-like symbols. Then, the second page had more fruits, but some didn’t have a picture.

There seemed to be only a few with actual pictures, while most didn’t. I guess that makes identifying specific fruit much more difficult.

‘’Well, how does that sound?’’ Crook asked.

‘’Amazing,’’ I replied and closed the book.

‘’They are.’’ Dante then turned to look at Crook and sighed, ‘’Crook also has a Devil Fruit power.’’

‘’What, really?!’’ My eyes almost bulged out of my sockets. Then, I saw Crook puffing his chest forward with a grin stretching his mouth.

Now I understood the reason for his arrogance. It seemed that Devil Fruit users were valued highly in Marines, and the higher the power, the better chances of reaching a high rank in the future.

The question remains, does Crook have weak or strong power? Anyway, my interest was at an all-time high.

‘’What is your power?’’ I asked immediately.

‘’Wow, wow, wow!’’ Crook waved his hand in an exaggerated manner, ‘’You think I will just tell my hidden card that easily? Not happening!’’

My shoulders slumped in disappointment.

‘’Yeah, he is like that.’’ Dante leaned closer and whispered in my ear, ‘’Well, at least he isn’t lying because Garp confirmed it by himself.’’

‘’But, one thing we know for sure is that Garp looked annoyed for a whole day after the confirmation, so we can guess that his ability is long-term ability. Not sure what it is, though.’’

‘’I see.’’ I nodded with understanding.

Ava suddenly turned around and saw the muscular gray-haired old man walking past the window. Garp’s face looked thoughtful with hands folded behind his back.

‘’Sir Garp hasn’t been the same since the war…’’ Her voice attracted their attention, and they saw Garp’s thoughtful figure walking past.

‘’What do you mean?’’ I asked her.

Ava sighed and turned her gaze back to the book.

Dante locked his hands and said, ‘’Garp’s grandson almost got killed in the war, and he must be worried.’’

‘’Grandson?’’ A image of Monkey D. Luffy surfaced in my mind.

‘’Monkey D. Luffy, ever heard of him?’’ Once Dante saw Liam nodding, he continued, ‘’He is Garp’s grandson, and at first, there were rumors of him dying after the war, but then, he came back to Marineford and caused another storm.’’

‘’Now, he is being searched everywhere, but no one has found him yet.’’

I nodded, grabbed the book ‘’Soru’’ and Devil Fruit Encyclopedia into my arms, and stood up, ‘’I will return to my quarters. Nice talk.’’

Dante waved his hand, Ava continued reading the book, and Crook showed his tongue as Liam walked past.

Soon, I was back in the room and placed the books on the desk. I wished I could take them with me, but they seemed to be quite important books, and there was no way Garp would allow me to take them.

That left me with one choice.

I had to copy everything.

There were stacks of papers and wooden pencils in the nearby cabinet. After taking them out, I placed them neatly on the desk, put the books right next to them, and began fiddling around with the pencil.

The sky was still dark, with a gray-colored sphere floating in the space. Then, I quickly checked the time, and it was soon Midnight.

‘’It looks like I won’t sleep tonight…’’ I didn’t feel sleepy, and my mind was too occupied to care about sleeping. There was only one thought left, and it was to copy the books before my training was finished.

5