Miss Incomprehensible
131 3 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Miss Incomprehensible

Hayle Davis was just seventeen years old when she panicked and then practically run from her hometown Summersville. This is due to a single person and that is Alex Cross. Hayle thought she loved the man who was twenty-four years old at the time, and she thought Alex loved her too, but when she finally stepped up to confess her love to him all she got back was humiliated in front of everyone she ever cared about. Then Hayle decided to leave, since she couldn't bear the thought of living there any longer. However after being away for eight years now she has no choice but to return for her sister's wedding. Carrie is about to share her life with none other than Alex's brother. Hayle already guesses that nothing good could ever come from the fact that they will become a family…

 

   1 Chapter

Everyone was watching her, she wished that the world would open up and swallow her whole and at that point she wished it would be as soon as possible. Alex Cross didn't really choose the insults that he has showered her with. She didn't do anything else but try to tell the boy that she had loved him. Hayle had been in love with him ever since she can remember. She was sure  that the men loved her because of all the signs just like this party he had organised for his seventeenth birthday. At first, Alex was just surprised at the timid kiss in which Hayle had welcomed him,  but a moment later he demanded an explanation from her. And he didn't really like Hayle's answer.

- Alex, I just wanted you to know how much I love you and I know that you love me. I'm not a little girl anymore, and you don't have to restrain yourself any longer, I know you love me too, - Hayle said determinedly and held out her lips for a kiss. Alex stared at her with a sneer of laughter at first, then answered the girl's confession in a condescending voice. 

- Hayle I had never loved you the way you seem to think I did. I mean just look at yourself - said the boy. Hayley knew she wasn't Summersville's best looking girl, but she hoped Alex would notice the signs of change. That her face is no longer covered with as many blackheads as before, or that a slight chubbiness was gone. At least she hoped the boy would remember that they were due to take off the braces she'd been wearing since she was a teenager in less than two weeks. None of them seemed to matter. - Hayle, you hadn't  grown up and you never will, you seemed to live in a fairy tale world. Take some advice from me and start with a guy your age and never try me again. I don't usually spoil little girls and you won't be the first one to come to mind even if I did - then he turned his back on the girl and left. 

Hayle stood motionless for a moment, then the pain suddenly took off her brain and while sobbing she would run until she reached the gates of their home. She ran into her room, lay down on her bed and started to cry uncontrollably . She refused to open the door to anyone, she was thinking about her life long and hard, about Alex and realised that the man was right. How I could have thought that a boy like Alex could love someone like me, she thought. She got up and looked at herself in the mirror. A teenage girl with dentures and pimples looked back at her. She felt like crying again, she felt she couldn't face people anymore, but most importantly, she couldn't get in front of Alex anymore. Hayle decided to leave.

She dug up her suitcase and then packed away some clothes and then put on her jeans and a sweater, while waiting for parents to fall asleep. She thought about  how she would survive alone. Thought that with the money she was saving from her work at the restaurant, she could last as long as a month. Then she realised it wouldn't be enough so she needed to think about where to go. Then she  remembered her aunt who had lived in Nashville which was about four hours away by bus. She was sure Tina would help if she went to her. She will smooth the matter with her parents. Hayle was sure she would never return to this place. She couldn't exist as Alex's neighbor couldn't bare the thought of living next to him  while everyone was whispering behind her back remembering tonight's event. She can't do that. When her clock struck midnight, gathering all her courage, she set off on foot to the bus station. She left a message on Tina's cell phone. The message was that she is living now and will explain everything once she is there. Tina will probably be worried, but she knew if she explained it she wouldn't throw her out. She herself fled all the way to Nashville for the same reason a long time ago.  

She reached the bus stop and bought a ticket for the first departing bus. Hayle guessed that if her parents didn't wake up until six o'clock in the morning, it might take three hours for them to start looking for her. So the fact that they show up at the bus station in the middle of the night is quite small. Waiting for the bus, she had a lot of time to think, as she didn't dare to sleep on the deserted station. She could see Alex's face and she could feel her throat tightening. She never thought the boy could behave so cruelly, she felt his words cut a hole in her heart that would never coalesce. She should have known that the man didn't like her, because they were so different, but she hoped and dreamed of Alex while he was away going to college and waited for  him to come home at the end of each semester. While he never cared about her. Hayle thought the age difference between the two of them is what has bothered Alex. She thought that if she turned seventeen he wouldn't matter anymore, but Alex wasn't holding back because of that. His words cut deep into the heart as. Soft sob had escaped her chest, but she didn't want to cry in public. 

The first bus departing was already waiting at the stop. She boarded it and waited for it to leave. Hayle looked out the window and wondered what she was going to do when she got to Nashville, when a four-wheel drive SUV turned into the station, stirring up a lot of dust. Hayle immediately recognized the car, as she was laying awake at night so many times waiting for him to get home she could pick it out of a thousand of them she had to. She could hardly believe that he is here now. She was even more surprised when she saw the young man jumping out of the car as he discovered Hayle. He was quickly approaching the bus. The girl knew he wouldn't be allowed on the bus unless he had a ticket which he could only purchase one hour before departure. She knew he couldn't hurt her but her skin still shivered.

-  Hayle got off this bus right now! Do you hear!? - Alex shouted as the driver closed the door ready for the bus to leave. Hayle looked at the man and just shook her head as no sound came out of her throat. - Come on let's talk about it - Alex said and she almost fell for a moment, but then his words popped into her mind, she just shook his head again. The bus driver turn to her and asked.

-   Are you leaving Miss?

-   No I'm not - she said as the bus left,  she had to force herself not to look back.

Once they reached the Nashville border, she sighed in relief. Her first thought was I finally got rid of him…

1