Chapter 8
81 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The sun was still shining bright when she had parked the car in front of her house. She was about to walk into the house, when she changed her mind, she wanted to be alone for a little while longer. Her legs were taking her to the barn, like so many times before in her life. She spent so much time here. Lot of the times she came here to escape her own thoughts, sometimes to escape sadness, Blackwind was always there, she turned to her trusted companies once more. She hugged his neck.

-     What should I do my darling? Have you got any good ideas?

-     Maybe you should start by telling me what the problem is. I might be more helpful than Blackwind - her sister's voice came behind her. She laughed.

-     I think I got used to solving my own problems - she said pulling her sister into her arms.

-     That was your choice Hayle.

-     I know.

-     I want you to tell me everything from the beginning. I think I deserve that - said Carrie looking at her sister and pulling away from her hug. Carrie has always accepted her as she was and she was right; she did deserve to know why she had run from home.

-     You are right as always, but under one condition.

-     And what would that be?

-     I want to know all the details of how you managed to catch Texas' most eligible bachelor. 

-     You got yourself a deal.

-     I think story time also comes with drinks and I'm sure both of us could use one - Hayle said and embraced her sister to their mothers car. When she said she could use a drink she didn't think that drink had come from their home.

Once again she drove into the town and parked in front of the Golden Brothers bar, she had never been inside, she was under aged the last time she was home. She walked to the bar and ordered herself a beer, her sister was a bit surprised but she didn't say anything, just asked the bartender to give her some white wine. As they were waiting for their drink, Hayle had time to take a look around. Unintentionally she started to compare this bar to hers. This place had a special charisma, something she had lost from her own place. After getting their drink, they went to find a free table. As soon as they sat down her sister started the interrogation. 

-     Now that we have finally obtained our drinks, are you ready to start your story?

-     What do you want to know?

-     Damn it Hayle! I want to know everything. You left eight years ago, you left me without a word. I had never asked before, because I felt like it might be hard for you to talk about, so I never force you to say anything. Now I feel like I have the right to know.

-     I know and you're right. I just don't know where to start.

-     Maybe you can start from the beginning - advised Carrie.

For a second she just stared at her sister unable to find the words, then she opened her mouth and everything just flooded out. Told her sister how she was in love with Alex, she talked about her emotions, about the fact that because of their age difference they will never be together. She talked about her plan to wait until she gets older, so their age difference wouldn't matter anymore and then she reached the day of her seventeenth birthday. Told her about the kiss, Alex response and while she was talking her anger arose again.

 -    I couldn't be around him anymore. I had to go away, I was a shame, and was hurting. I couldn't wait any longer. Now I know that I should've said goodbye, but then it didn't matter, nothing else mattered just to get as far away as possible. So packed and I was already sitting on the bus when I…saw Ales at the station. He tried to persuade me to stay, but there was nothing he could do. I already decided to leave. So I left. Once I got to Nashville Tina helped me a lot. She is the only person who knew what happened, other than you. She is the only person who knew why I left. I never even told mum, I didn't want any of you to look at him differently because of me. He didn't do anything to you guys. From what mum has told me I know how much he loves you guys and you soon become one family Carrie. This is my story…but now it's your turn - gabble through Hayle. Carrie had so many questions that she wanted to ask, but she decided that they could wait. Hayle finally opened up; she didn't want her to close her off again.

-     Deal is the deal - Carrie laughs. - Our story started last year when I came back from college. Even before that we were friends finally when you left I guess I have leaned on him a little bit. I thought I hated him, but now I know that I was just trying to cover up the fact that I was head over heels in love with him even back then. Once I was home, mom threw a welcome back grill, she invited everyone and he came too. When I saw him again I felt like the earth had run out under me. He was even more handsome than I remembered. I felt like I was blind my whole life. Now I had a problem to face though…he had a girlfriend - Carrie said and her face became flushed.

-     What!? I guess mum forgot to mention that - Hayle said and took a sip from her beer.

-     The story doesn't end here. He came to the party with her. I didn't see her at first. So when I saw Tom I ran to him and threw myself into his arms. It was like coming home. I knew that something special could be happening between us, then I saw his girlfriend. Tom had let me go and introduced me to her. I think I must have unhinged or have a mental breakdown. For weeks I was willing to talk to him or see him. I was jealous, and in a self destructive mode. All I did was cursing myself for being stupid for so long and that I didn't get it earlier that I was in love. After a couple of weeks he showed up at the house, and asked me to ride out with him. I didn't want to insult him so I agreed to it. We were way out on the edge of the property, so we stopped to take a break. He practically interrogated me. Of course I lied at first, but he knew that. I was trying to keep my distance but you know how sensitive I can get. So when he asked me to be honest, I did the only thing that I can think of. That wouldn't require me using any words to tell him how I feel. I kissed him. He didn't kiss me back. It felt like I was too late, but after a second he pulled me closer and kissed me back. Once we let each other go, we both started laughing, I think we both felt free. He told me how he had feelings for me for years, and how he lost hope that I will ever return them. That's when he met Clarrisa, they understood each other, but he never really loved her, he said he missed our fight and my bickering - Carrie was laughing. Hayle saw the happiness in her eyes. Her sister's fairy tale came true. She knew she was longing for the same. Carrie has found the love of her life, and she is trying to create a plan on how to keep away the only man that could make her fairy tale come true. She made faces, after so many years, so many mortification and pain she still loved Alex. Carrie was looking at her all funny. Her sister changed so much, practically she was unable to recognise her. Carrie was hoping that she would be able to get her sister in one piece, but it seemed like she was too late.

Thanks for reading. I hope that you have enjoyed this next chapter. If you can, please continue to support me so I can keep writing it for you guys. If you want to check out my patreon it would be much appreciated.

I'll see you guys later :)

K. J. Sulliven

 

1