Chapter 19
29 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Alex was out on the fields, some of the barbed wire needed fixing. All he could think about is Hayle. They had an amazing couple of days, their chemistry was absolutely unbelievable. He never felt like this before, he was attracted to her eight years ago but that was the beginning of something that he didn't understand yet. Now their relationship has reached the next level. He thought about what would happen after the wedding. He wanted Hayle to stay in Summersville. He thought about his feelings and tried to give a name to them, then he realised he was in love. He loved this woman, he loved her when they were children and he loves her now. He loved her laugh, the way she got angry or the way she tucked her hair behind her ears when she got embarrassed. He loved everything about her. He knew that Hayle didn't trust him, tried everything to change that the last couple of days, but he knew it won't be enough. He needs to show his love in a different way. He thought about what the woman has now in Nashville, she has a different life, maybe she doesn't want to give that up. She never talked about love either. He didn't expect her to. He knew that she still had feelings for him she had revealed as much.  All he knows is that he will have to act fast. The wedding is in two days, he needs to talk to Hayle, find out how she feels. 

Finishing up the job, he drove to the Davis farm, he couldn't wait until nightfall he had to talk to her. 

Got out of his truck and gone into the house. He looked for her in every room, but she wasn't there. He went out to the garden and found his brother sitting with his future in-laws.

-     Hey everyone - he greeted them and sat down on the empty chair next to Tom.

-     Hi Alex darling. Have some tea - Corrien said. 

-     I will in a minute, but first I need to talk to Hayle. Has anyone seen her? - he asked. 

-     She is not here - Corrien said. - Neither is Carrie. They went on a trip to Nashville. Something about a bachelorette party. They took off like three hours ago.

Alex looked at her surprised. How come Hayle didn't mention this trip to him last night or Tom? He looked at his brother. He looked just as surprised as him.

-     Tom, you look surprised. Did you not know about the trip?

-     No, Carrie texted me three hours ago, saying that they are leaving now, but they will be back before the wedding. I hope she is okay. She's been acting weird the last couple of days, maybe this little trip will help her - he said and took a sip of his drink. Corrien looked at him and patted his shoulders.

-     Don't worry sweetheart it's normal getting some cold feet before the wedding, she's been stressed with all the planning. Hayle will help her to relax a bit and she will be back to her usual self - she said smiling. It was obvious that she adored both of her kids. She has always been kind of like a second mother to the Cross brothers too. Their parents will arrive tomorrow from their trip and they can't wait to welcome Carrie into their family.

-     Yeah I'm sure she will, I have no doubts - he said smiling. 

Alex looked at his brother and he knew he wasn't lying. He was madly in love with Carrie ever since they were kids. He always thought that they would make a nice couple. Once it happened he knew the wedding wouldn't be far off. Carrie is crazy about him too. He couldn't ask for more. Carrie will give him the love he deserves. Talking about love, Hayle's action surprised him, she took off again. He wondered if it meant anything. He left the Davis farm and went home. He poured himself a drink and thought about the last couple of days and the thing the two of them had done. He felt like teen again. Sneaking in and out of the woman's house, made this very dangerous but it made it very exciting too. He felt alive again. Why is Hayle now sending him mixed signals? Why not tell him about this trip? He would have understood, she did come here because of her sister and he knew how much Carrie meant to her. He took out his phone from his back pocket. Texted Hayle. When he didn't receive any reply, he tried to call her. She didn't pick up. He knew something was up.

 

Thanks for reading. I hope that you have enjoyed this next chapter. If you can, please continue to support me so I can keep writing it for you guys. If you want to check out my patreon it would bemuch appreciated.

I'll see you guys later :)

K. J. Sulliven

 

0