Date Night
60 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The Sullivans spent the majority of the day teaching Naralis how to speak to women.

"You must compliment her and make her feel special. Do things like pull her chair out and open her carriage door for her. I guarantee it will work."

"Your father never did anything like that for me."

"I do those things for the woman I truly love."

" I'm not required to do those things. Women practically hand me their underwear."

"You nerd, no woman would touch you if your last name wasn't Sullivan."

His scheduled date drew closer. Naralis cleaned his body more vigorously than he ever did. He applied something others called cologne and moisturized his hair with oil he purchased from Ben's store. Naralis proudly saw the reflection of the man in the mirror. His self-assurance wasn't a fabrication. He didn't wear a mask to hide his insecurities; his grin was genuine. He was proud of his new form and appearance, and the clothes he was wearing just added to his royal aspect.

When Edward entered his room, he noticed him admiring his appearance in the bathroom. He didn't say anything, but he smiled proudly like a father.

" Big guy, come on. We already have a reservation, and Mursha would be upset if you arrived late." Naralis swiveled. " How do I appear? Be truthful. Is it true that I'm that attractive? I'm not used to getting so much attention lately. You guys could be lying to me just like everyone else."

Edward could feel the hair on his neck stand up. At the flip of a coin, Naralis' eyes grew cold. The more powerful Naralis got, the more dangerous his mood swings would get, and Edward would never get used to them.

“You big lug, calm down. I always tell you that if you were a girl, I would bang you. "Without a doubt."

" I kind of wish you would stop saying that." Naralis cringed.

" Look, you can put your trust in the people in this house, and you're my best friend. My closest companion! I'm not here to deceive you or to cause you harm. Believe us, dude. You look fantastic. I swear to you, with you on my arm, women will flock to us like flies to poop. Your carriage has arrived outside. Do you have the money we gave you for your blood?"

" Check."

" Alright," Edward placed his hand on Naralis' shoulder. " Enjoy yourself."

His stomach was in knots during the carriage ride to school. He was nervous like he'd never been before. He replayed Emily's advice in his head over and over. He knocked on Mursha's office door, wiping his brow and coughing into his hands to ensure his breath wasn't foul. His heart sank into the pit of his stomach as the doorknob twisted. In his opinion, the woman in front of him was breathtaking. He was devoid of lust. The same emotions were present when he looked at Abina.

" Do you like my gown? It took me a while to come up with something I thought you'd like." Naralis' eyes instinctively landed on the plumpness of her ass as she twisted to show him the full extent of her dress.

Mursha was dressed in a skin-tight, satin black gown that rendered Naralis speechless. Her wavy black hair was shiny and healthy. Her make-up was flawless. A nice dark green shade under her eyes and a subtle blush on her cheeks only added to the orc woman's beauty. They observed each other's appearances silently and slowly. As Naralis froze, Mursha gripped her chest tightly at his appearance.

" Ehm. Do you like the gown?" Naralis' mind was a jumble as he tried to think of a compliment worthy of Mursha, but he had no words to express his feelings.

" Mursha, you look stunning. " Mursha's laugh brightened the mood. " Thank you very much. You have a very appealing appearance too. We should get started. I've heard wonderful things about Leanna's restaurant."

Naralis followed her to the carriage before overtaking her before she could open the door.

"Allow me to open the door for you."

" What a gentleman. It's good to see that some men still have manners. "

At Edward's request, the carriage ride was slow. Before they ate, Edward advised him to get to know her and make small talk.

" So, what's your full name?"

"Mursha Chakub. I already know yours," they laughed.

"Tell me about your life, please. How did you get a job at the school? "

" You and I aren't that different. I am the sole daughter of a small noble family. You'd think my life would be easy, but," she paused. Naralis saw the anguish in her eyes. The same suffering as his own. A pain that can only be described as torment.

" You don't have to say. I didn't mean to make you sad."

"No, it's not a problem." Mursha exhaled deeply to calm herself. " From a young age, people were always enamored with my looks, and it only got worse when my fighting talent was revealed.It also destroyed my life because suddenly I was the center of attention instead of my brothers. My parents began to treat me as if I were made of glass. As if I were a delicate flower, but I'm a warrior. They detested my adamant refusal to be some man's plaything or eye candy. They had no choice but to force me. Make me look pretty and talk to guys. Make me stop training because it scared my potential suitors. My brothers didn't protect me from my family's greed. They plotted against me out of jealousy."

She tried to fight the tears that were starting to form, but they just kept coming. " Mursha, please. No need for you to do this. I'm a stranger. This isn't necessary."

Mursha wiped her tears away with her fingers. She smiled at the elf who was worried about her. "Let me finish," she said softly. " This story has a tragic ending, but I believe I can talk with you.  So just pay attention." Mursha sniffed a little, exhaled, and looked out the window. " I was known for my purity. I didn't let any man near me, but it seemed to worsen their hunger. Several of the men in my own family gave me lust-filled looks. Everything changed one day. My brothers organized a party for some fictitious reason. I should have known something was wrong because they had been so nice to me all day. I was barely legal at the time, but I drank what they gave me. And then I woke up with no recollection of the previous day, a soreness between my thighs, and blood all over my sheets."

Uncertain of how Naralis would react to her story, Mursha slowly turned around. The boy she liked wasn't there, but a beast had taken his place. Naralis was wide-eyed and trembling in his seat. He was rarely angry, but at this moment, he planned to slaughter her entire family as soon as he could.

"Naralis?" She leaned in and grabbed his trembling hands. He stopped shaking, but his rage had all but been subdued.

" Your loved ones. Do you still love them?" He looked her in the eyes, waiting for a change in her behavior. " I am no longer concerned about my family.I even tried to remove their name, but they wouldn't let me."

Naralis firmly placed his hand on top of hers. "Your family is living on borrowed time."

"We've arrived at your destination," announced the carriage driver. Naralis let go of her hand and jumped out of the carriage quickly. He opened her door, and she returned his smile. They walked together, arms interlocked until they reached the large restaurant.

" Do you have a reservation? We are currently full and are not accepting walk-ins," the human receptionist said monotonously.

" Yes. Naralis Zinyra is my name. I believe I should be on your list." The receptionist drew his finger across the paper and came to a halt in the middle.

" You've on the third floor. Enjoy your meal and remember to tip."

The third floor was nearly deserted. Only the wealthiest of the wealthy ate there.

'I'm going to have to thank Adam.'

The waiter directed them to the table with the best view of the town at night.

" What are you planning to order? I'm craving shrimp and rice. I heard they have a new soy sauce."

Naralis looked over the menu. There were too many options for him to choose from so quickly, but he did. "What exactly is a lamb chop?"

"It's a lamb shoulder with the bone still inside.It's delicious! I used to have some, but it was very expensive. I can help you pay the bill if you need it. I don't mind at all. We haven't become a couple yet."

Naralis removed the menu from his face and smiled at the blushing orc. " Everything is fine. I've recently become wealthy. Order whatever you want on me."

“Are you guys ready to place an order? “The human waitress was prepared with a pencil and paper. "Lambchop and fries please. Mursha will have rice and shrimp with soy sauce."

'Emily said that a male should place the order for the woman. I hope she was correct.'

The human woman finished her writing.

"Will  that be everything?"

"Please provide us with some of your best non-alcoholic beverages."

'Don't give the impression that you're attempting to get her intoxicated.' He could remember.

The waitress exited, leaving the two of them alone in the pitch-black night. It was warm outside. The town was bustling and vibrant.  Mursha slowly rubbed his hand with the other under her chin. " I've already shared my past with you. Next is you."

"What would you prefer to hear?"  He chuckled. "The royal side or the not-so-royal side?"

"Please share the royalty side with me. I'm not going to lie to you. You're still not royalty in my eyes. When I initially saw you, I assumed you were someone's mistreated younger brother, and the clothing you were wearing didn't help your situation either. Usually, royalty receives superior treatment. Well…"

"My parents resembled me exactly. My dad and I could be twins. My parents were loving and caring individuals, and my mother hardly ever put me down. She still has me in the warmth of her hug. But from what I can recall, my father was despised by society due to his dominance and might. They labeled me a prodigy among other things when I was born.

Everyone was terrified when I was born, including my siblings. After weakening me somehow, my father sent me into the woods. Apart from their murder, that is the gist of the story." Naralis could feel his emotions unraveling, and the thoughts he was attempting to hide rose within him.

"I killed my parents," He lowered his head. Although he didn't want to cry in front of her, he could feel his eyes beginning to wet and his throat tightening.

"It's fine to cry." Mursha kept his head raised. "I've suppressed my emotions for twenty-three years, and it hurts. I'm always here if you want to talk. "

"Your meal is prepared." The waitress entered the room, pulling a cart filled with their supper. With a napkin, Naralis hastily dabbed away his tears, but he was unable to cover up the agony and redness in his eyes.

"Thank you for your service." He gave the waitress a far larger tip than was appropriate, making her happy. " Thank you for visiting."

The knife and fork were ignored by Naralis. He took the lamb by the bone and cut out a piece of meat with his teeth."

"You were correct. Lamb is fantastic!"  Mursha chuckled. "You still have to tell me about your life in the woods."

"Right. I was bullied by my tribemates until I met you because, as you can see, I'm different and I was quite weak. I made every effort to get their approval. When things got serious in the woods, I gave my life to let them escape, yet they still didn't accept me. For the next seventeen years, that was essentially it. I did have one friend, but the tribe banished him."

Mursha laughed and said, "Our lives were awful.

"Yes, but things have improved recently. I can get stronger and earn their respect, and I have you here."

Mursha smiled. She hadn't been this joyful in a while. They finished their meal after sharing more stories and laughs. Mursha sat much closer this time, clutching his hand and resting her head on his shoulder during the ride back home. When they got to the school, Naralis walked her to her room on campus.

"This is my door. I thank you for tonight. I'm hoping we can do this again soon.”

" I enjoyed your presence too. I have to train for the physical exam soon. Whenever we have time, I'll plan something."

" You'll pass the exam easily, but what comes afterward is what I can't wait to watch."

Naralis leaned in. " What is it? "

" A combat tournament."

" That sounds exciting! Shit, I have to train hard."

" I believe you'll surprise everyone." Mursha walked forward and planted a peck on his lips.

"Good night Naralis."

0