Chronicle of Dragons Entry#1: Balerion the Black Dread
29 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chronicle of Dragons

Name: Balerion, called the ‘’Black Dread’’

Scales: Black as Midnight

Description: Balerion the Black Dread was brought by the Targaryen family from the Freehold of Valyria to the island of Dragonstone. Over a century later, Balerion, now over 100 feet long was the last living creature to see the Freehold of Old Valyria in its Prime, and was claimed by Aegon who used him to burn a Volantene fleet in his youth and later to conquer the Seven Kingdoms, burning the combined forces of the Reach and Westerlands at the Field of Fire, before burning House Hoare within the fortress of Harrenhall, reducing it to ruins. Balerion burned the host of Lodos the Drowned Priest in the Iron Islands and years later burned the castle of Yronwood in Dorne, where most of the proud house met their end. In later years Balerion burned several pirate ships in the Steppestones as well as fighting in the battles of Watersmeet and Sandgate. In 8016, at 131 years of age, Balerion disappeared under the waters of the Sunset Sea  following his rider after a shipwreck in which Aegon Targaryen was drowned.

 

2