The White Book: Entry #2
12 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The White Book

Deeds and Accomplishments of the Sworn Brothers of the Kingsguard

Ser Gawen Corbray

Ser Gawen Corbray was appointed to the Kingsguard of King Aegon the first as one of its seven original members and first to represent the Vale, taking his white cloak in his 23rd year. He served for 3 decades, both with King Aegon and his son King Vaemond, being known as one of the Kingsguards finest warriors among his brothers, wielding the Valyrian Steel sword Lady Forlorn, ancestral sword of house Corbray.

-Fought at the battle of Watersmeet in King Aegon's conquest, standing bravely alongside his sworn brothers on the right flank, which turned away Lewyn Martells attack.

-Served as a member of King Aegon's escort during the peace negotiations upon the Greenblood River.

-Dismounted all challengers at the grand tourney of Casterly Rock, winning both the victory and the day's final honors.

-Remained behind in the capitol to guard Queen Nyel, Princess Laena, and the pregnant wife of Prince Matarys during the peasant revolt in Cracklaw Barren on King Vaemonds orders.

-Fought bravely during the campaign against the pirate coalition on the island of Sunstone, slaying many pirates for which he came to be known as Gawen the Red.

-When his kinsmen in the Vale rose up alongside the Lannisters in the Lion's rebellion, made it known he would not raise blades against his own family. Was henceforth left in the capitol to guard the royal family where he fell victim to the bloody flux which ravaged the White Sword Tower.

 

Ser Garmon Hightower

Ser Garmon Hightower, youngest son of Manfred Hightower, Lord of Oldtown, was named to King Aegon's Kingsguard in his 18th year as the orders first representative of the Reach. One of the Kingsguards most dutiful defenders, he was known for both his bravery in battle and his honorable temperament, never failing in his duty.

-Fought bravely at the battle of Watersmeet alongside his sworn brothers on the right flank, repulsing Lewyn Martells attack.

--Served as a member of King Aegon's escort during the peace negotiations upon the Greenblood River.

-Served as Prince Matary Targaryens sworn shield as a member of the honor guard that carried the ashes of Visenya Targaryen to rest in the sunset sea off of Fair Isle.

-Following Lord Robert Farmans aid in escaping the Westerlands, escorted Prince Matarys safely to King's Landing from Seaguard.

-Succumbed to the bloody flux that ravaged the White Sword Tower in 25 AC.

 

Ser Gregor Goode

Ser Gregor Goode, member of a minor house of unlanded hedge knights, was appointed to King Aegon's Kingsguard in his 20th year as the first representative of the Riverlands. A strong man, he was known for his quiet yet dependable nature. In his later years a tragic killing at a tourney lessened his taste for martial pursuits, and his duties were mostly reserved to guarding and other peaceful assignments, though it must be said he never failed in them.

-Fought alongside the Rivermen during Aegon's Conquest for the Targaryen cause, serving at the field of fire.

-Served as a member of Queen Visenya's personal guard  during her one year long tour of the free cities, accompanying the Queen to Braavos and Norvos and later escorted Princess Nyel safely back to the capitol.

-Bore the Standard of the Kingsguard during the Battle of Watersmeet, fighting alongside his sworn brothers on the right flank and repulsing Lewyn Martells assault.

-Guarded the royal family during the rebellion of Crackclaw Point.

-Succumbed to the bloody flux which ravaged the White Sword Tower in 25 AC.

0