The White Book Entry #3
14 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Deeds and Accomplishments of the Sworn Brothers of the Kingsguard

 

Lord Commander Corlys ‘’the Warrior’’ of House Velaryon

Corlys Velaryon, son of Daemon Velaryon was appointed as the first member of his cousin King Aegon the ‘’Nobles’’ Kingsguard at Seaguard at the age of 19 years old, serving as the orders first Lord Commander. Corlys the ‘’Warrior’’ served the throne for three decades, serving under two kings and earning the reputation as the realm's finest knight and battlefield commander. Lord Commander Corlys was tragically killed by a lance shard in a jousting accident in his 51st year.

 - Fought alongside his father and brother in the naval battle near Gulltown during King Aegon's conquest of the seven Kingdoms.

-Following his appointment as Lord Commander of the Kingsguard in the halls of Seaguard, accompanied the King as a sworn shield to the Dragonsmoot on Pyke.

-Defeated the bandit leader of Eastmelt in single combat upon the banks of the Weeping River, shortly thereafter knighted Theo Tyrell, who would become Lord Paramount of the Reach.

-Commanded the right flank at the Battle of Watersmeet during the conquest of Dorne, fighting bravely alongside his sworn brothers and slaying the Dornishman Galeran, Lord of Sandford in single combat., broke the forces of Lewyn Martell.

-Served as a member of King Aegon and his sister-wife Rhaenys escort during the peace negotiations upon the Greenblood River.

-Commanded the fleet of Dragonstone during the naval battle outside Sunstone against a fleet of Stepstone Pirates, contributing to the victory alongside his King who fought on dragonback.

-Rescued a drowning Prince Vaemond during the storm in the Sunset Sea which claimed the life of his cousin King Aegon the Noble.

-Accompanied Prince Vaemond on his midnight quest to claim the Dragon Moondancer on an island in the Blackwater Rush.

-Was the first man to swear his sword to King Vaemond upon his coronation at Oldtown, shortly after being named Paramount Knight of the Realm.

-Accompanied King Vaemond during his conquest of Bloodstone and was instrumental in keeping the royal party off of the rocks while crossing the strait between Bloodstone and Sunstone.

-Led the cavalry force that defeated the mounted raiders of Sherrion of Crackclaw Point during the clawman rebellion.

-Commanded the left flank of the royalist army at the battle of Edgerton during the Lion's Rebellion, playing a crucial role in saving King Vaemonds center flank.

-Scaled the walls of Greenfield alongside his King and sworn brothers, helping King Vaemond to safety after his Grace took a crossbow wound in the assault.

Devised the plan to send men by ship into the capitol prior to the decisive engagement outside of Kings Landing, while commanding the left flank trapped Loren Lannisters command between his own forces and those in the city, setting them to rout and changing the momentum of the battle.

-Four years after the Lion's Rebellion would die in a tragic accident involving a lance shard while jousting in a small tourney in the Stormlands.

 

Ser Androw Leygood, the ‘’Chained Knight’’

Ser Androw Leygood was knighted to the Kingsguard in his 22nd year to represent the Reach in King Vaemonds Kingsguard. Ser Androw died two years of poor health stemming from a venereal disease which he attempted with poor results, to treat himself.

-Prior to his appointment to the Kingsguard, studied for several years at the citadel in Oldtown, eventually serving as its head steward, for the links forged in Oldtown, would be known as the chained knight among his sworn brothers.

-Bore the White Standard of the Kingsguard at the Battle of King's Landing before being thrown from his horse by a javelin from a Volantene Sellsword, survived his wounds and went on to serve faithfully for his remaining years.

 

Ser Warrick Manderly, the ‘’Rogue Merman’’

Ser Warrick Manderly, son of Willem Manderly, Lord of White Harbor was chosen to be the first representative of the north as part of King Aegon's original seven Kingsguard in his 18th year. Following an assignment by his grace to imprison his father, Ser Warrick Manderly betrayed his King, vows, and sworn brothers by aiding his fathers escape and fleeing to Essos to live out his days as a sellsword before King Vaemond officially stripped him of his White Cloak.

-Acting under orders of the crown and the Starks to put down the rebellion on the Three Sisters, Ser Warrick Manderly, commanding a  force of White Harbor Levies forced the castle of Sunderland Hall into capitulation and stormed the nearby village of Crably, capturing the Sisters self-styled ‘’Queen’’ Marla Sunderland and returning her in chains to King Aegon.

-Less than a year after donning his white cloak, Ser Warrick Manderly fled alongside his father to Essos after the squadron of guardsmen entrusted by him to take his Lord father into custody was slaughtered in White Harbor. Ser Warrick served with the Stormcrows as a freerider for many years, though rumors persist he commonly visited his ancestral home in disguise.

0