Chapter 2
5 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Nancy stepped forward into Jimmy's house, closing the door behind her. "I have something important to tell you." She said with a smile. Jimmy followed her into the lounge area.

Nancy sat down on one of the leather sofas, her legs crossed. Jimmy remained standing. He didn't know how to behave, especially since he knew what Nancy was going to tell him.

" You won't believe what happened to me the day before yesterday. After I got fired that day, a friend persuaded me to go out that night and have some fun. Shortly after we entered the nightclub, Sam Brechbul approached me! We talked a little and met, had a few drinks, and then ended up at my home. And guess what? We spent a wonderful night together!!" Nancy exclaimed.

The news took Jimmy aback. For the first time since meeting Nancy, Jimmy had trouble keeping the smile off his face. Nancy continued talking, oblivious to his lack of expression.
"I think I'm in love with him."
Hearing that, Jimmy struggled not to cry.
"What is it? You don't look very happy. I thought you'd be glad for me." Nancy looked puzzled and slightly hurt.
"Of course I am! I'm just... thinking about a cat. About my cat. She ran away this morning. That's why I'm a little sad." He lied, trying desperately not to show any signs of emotion.
"Cat? I didn't know you had a cat."
"Oh yes, I've adopted her two days ago. I forgot to tell you." Jimmy continued to lie.
"Oh, don't worry. I'm sure you'll find her soon." She smiled reassuringly at him. Jimmy forced a smile onto his lips. " I have to go. See you." Nancy stood up and headed towards the front door. She paused halfway there though, glanced over her shoulder at Jimmy. Then she slowly made her way out of the house, leaving Jimmy standing alone inside.

He sat down on the couch and cried bitterly.  He knew he had to get her out of his heart somehow, but he didn't know how. He buried his face in his hands and let out a loud sob.

Later that day, he and Gary found themselves in a coffee shop again.
" You still haven't told me how Nancy reacted. I'm dying of curiosity." Gary teased.
"I didn't tell her. I saw her kissing a guy."
Gary dropped his cup of coffee all over the table and started coughing violently.
"What! Are you serious?"
"Yes. They even slept together." Jimmy answered.


Gary stared at Jimmy for several seconds, his mouth gaping open. "Are you sure about that?"
Jimmy nodded. "Nancy told me this morning."
"That's terrible! I can imagine how you feel."
"You can't."
"Do you know his name?" Gary asked.
"His name is Sam. He is reportedly very popular." Jimmy replied.
"Are you talking about Sam Brechbul?" Gary asked incredulously.
"Yes, do you know him?"
"Not really, but I've heard rumors about him. They say he is arrogant and conceited." Gary explained.
"Really?" Jimmy frowned.
"Yes, but those may be just rumors. People are jealous of him because he can have any girl he wants." Gary shrugged.
"They also say that he likes to play with women's hearts." He added.
"Well I don't understand how someone like that could interest Nancy."
"Maybe she sees something in him." Gary said, shrugging again.
"If you say so. But if he hurts her, he'll have to deal with me."
"I think it would be best for you to forget her." Gary advised, taking another sip from his mug.
"How can I?" Jimmy snapped.
"You have to try to move on." Gary reminded him.
"I tried, but I can't." Jimmy lowered his head in defeat.
How about we go out tonight? It will help you relax a little and forget about Nancy."  Gary suggested.
"Yeah, sure, where are we going to go?"
"There's this club that recently opened in town. It's called The Silver Bullet. We could go there."

Jimmy thought for a moment. If it would help him get back on track, he supposed he could go for a couple hours, just to calm down. Besides, it would give him some time to clear his thoughts.
"Alright, I'll go with you." He agreed.
"Great!" Gary grinned happily.

They made their way outside the shop and walked past a few people who were standing near the entrance, waiting for a taxi. Just then, Gary saw Mike Bavaro walk down the street.
"Hey, guys!" Mike greeted them cheerfully.
"Hi Mike. What's new?" Gary greeted in return.
"I got a job at a recently opened nightclub, The Silver Bullet." Mike revealed proudly.
"Wow! Congratulations! We were just thinking of going there tonight." Gary said.
"Cool. Then I'll see you guys later!" Mike turned and left.
"He seems pretty excited about the job." Jimmy commented.
"Yeah. There's nothing wrong with having fun while you're working. It gives you a sense of purpose and makes life more enjoyable." Gary explained.

That night, as they entered the nightclub, an upbeat tune played over the speakers. Several people were dancing enthusiastically in the middle of the room, enjoying themselves thoroughly. The air was filled with smoke and cigarette smoke.
"This place looks great!" Jimmy exclaimed.
" It does, doesn't it?" Gary said proudly. He ordered a drink and they made their way to a table close to the bar. To their great surprise, they spotted Nancy and Sam there.


(Read the whole book on Neovel🙂)
0