Chapter 11 – Akin’s first battle begins
0 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Akin's first fight finally begins. He is facing Moira, the second-best at the knight academy.

Moira has short orange hair and green eyes; she wears a white shirt, an orange and black striped jacket, and black pants. She has long and sharp nails that could easily scratch someone.

Finally, I'm so excited! But I have to be careful. I don't know what powers she has. Thinks Akin.

Moira runs towards Akin and throws a turning kick at him. Akin dodges the kick and positions himself for a counter-attack punch, Moira blocks Akin's strike, but it's too strong. Moira is thrown away but manages to balance herself, so she doesn't fall. Because of the block, Moira doesn't take much damage.

"Damm." Says Moira.

"Haha! Akin will win this fight!" Says Zack.

"In terms of fight skill, Akin is the best!"

Tartus redirects his gaze to Zack.

"It's not that simple."

"What do you mean? Even though she blocked the punch, she got thrown away. Akin will definitely win!"

"Well, Akin would win if this was a martial arts fight. That punch back then, he was holding back. He was still testing his opponent's abilities. The next strike will be stronger."

"Even better! Then why is it not that simple?"

"It's not a martial arts fight."

"Yeah... I know, but she still did nothing. Maybe she can't do aura attacks."

"She is the second-best of the knight academy. She definitely can execute aura attacks."

Zack redirects his gaze back to the window glass thoughtfully.

"But even..."

"Hey, you with the hood!" Says Timon, interrupting Tartus and Zack's conversation. 

"Hm?"

"You're with that Akin, right? You're his companion! Is it true that he was trained by Tartus?"

Tartus keeps silent, ignoring the question.

"Hey, I'm talking to you!"

Tartus slowly redirects his gaze to Timon.

"You're annoying." Says Tartus with no expression.

"I am what? Do you know who you're talking to!? I am..."

Someone starts walking closer to Tartus and Timon. This person just got into the preparation room.

"Do you know who you are talking to? This person with the hood is Tartus himself. If I were you, I would show some respect. You don't want to see him angry." Says Ian. He finally gets into the preparation room after leaving the V.I.P area.

"Governor Ian? Wait, are you really...?"

Tartus sighs.

"Thank you very much, Ian. Didn't you realize the reason for the hoody?"

"Oh, you were trying to hide? I am so sorry." Says Ian with a smile.

"Whatever."

Tartus removes his hood and redirects his gaze to Timon again.

"So what do you want? Yes, I trained Akin. Anything else?"

"I mean... Sorry for before, I will be going." Says Timon nervously.

Timon turns his back to Tartus and starts walking away until he stops for a moment and says.

"You know, Tartus, you're a hero, but I think you're terrible at choosing apprentices. That Akin is weak. He already lost and didn't even notice yet."

"Huh? What do you mean by that!?" Asks Zack, that until now kept quiet.

"You will see soon."

Timon walks away and returns to the position he was in before to watch the rest of the fight.

"He is lying, right?" Asks Zack worried.

"I don't know. We will have to see."

Akin runs towards Moira with his fists closed, trying to strike a punch. Moira blocks the strike, but quickly Akin throws a turning kick, which Moira cannot defend this time. The kick hits Moira's head, and she falls to the ground.

Is that really all? I guess it's over, then. Thinks Akin.

Akin gets closer to Moira to strike the final punch and end the battle. Moira cannot dodge or block this time since she is on the ground. For everyone in the Stadium, it looks like it is an easy win for Akin.

I will strike her belly now, not with much strength, but enough to win the fight. Thinks Akin.

Akin closes his fists and throws the punch before Moira can stay up again.

"It's over...huh? Where...?"

Moira makes a small smile.

Akin throws his punch, but...

"Where are you?"

Akin misses and strikes the ground.

Moira stands up and gets closer to Akin.

"You're right. It's over! I won!"

"What? How?

Moira kicks Akin, who doesn't dodge or block.

"What? Where did that come from?"

"Honestly, I was worried at first when I heard that you were Tartus' apprentice. But you're just weak."

Moira keeps throwing kicks and punches at Akin, who is doing nothing to avoid them.

After a more powerful kick, Akin is thrown away and falls to the ground. After the consecutive kicks and punches, blood is now dropping from Akin's body.

"What? What is going on? How did I fall?"

"Hey, what is he doing? Why is he doing nothing!? Akin can easily avoid those attacks!" Says Zack.

"Hm. It seems like he can't see them." Says Ian.

"What do you mean? And by the way, what are you doing here? Shouldn't you be at the V.I.P area?"

"Oh, yeah, I just wanted to check the battles out at a closer distance. But anyways, I don't know how, but Akin can't see the attacks. Not only that, but he is probably completely blind."

Ian continues.

"Maybe she has some kind of mind control power, but no, that's too advanced... Let me think."

"The nails." Says Tartus.

"What?" Asks Zack and Ian.

"That's why her nails are so long. She is a metamorph. Her power is to make her nails poisonous."

"What's a metamorph?" Asks Zack.

"Wait, if that is true, then she would have to scratch Akin for the poison to take effect. I didn't see her scratching him. She couldn't even land a hit." Says Ian.

"Huh? What are you talking about?" Asks Zack, confused, without understanding the conversation.

"She made a small scratch. It's hard to see, and it probably didn't hurt. That's why Akin also didn't notice."

"But, when? Again she couldn't even hit him. Akin dodged all of her attacks."

"During the block."

"Huh?"

"It happened when she blocked Akin's first punch. She disguised it with a block, but her true intention was to use that opportunity to scratch Akin and poison him. Moira did it so fast and made such a small scratch that no one noticed it." 

"Wow. She is that good! Not even I saw it!"

"Right... Honestly, I didn't get much of it. But basically, Moira's nails are poisonous, and she scratched Akin, so now he can't see?" Asks Zack to Tartus.

"Yeah. That's pretty much it."

"So, now what will he do?"

"I don't know."

"Huh? Can't he like break the poison?"

"I don't know the exact details of her power, but probably not."

Zack redirects his gaze to the glass wall again, now more worried.

Moira keeps attacking Akin and throwing him to the ground. Akin always gets up but can't do anything about the attacks and falls again.

"C'mon, give up already. You can't do anything anymore. Do you actually want to get more hurt for no reason?"

Damm. I can't see anything. It's all black. It started right before I tried to punch her. What am I supposed to do now? Thinks Akin.

"Hahaha! So that's Tartus' student!?" Says Igor in the V.I.P room.

"Hahaha! I was scared he could defeat Aila for a moment, but that's him? What happened to Tartus!? Hahaha!"

"Yeah, it looks like it's over." Says Willian.

Akin keeps getting punched and punched. He can't think of anything to stop those attacks.

"There is actually one way for Akin to win." Says Tartus after some minutes of silence.

"Huh? Really? What's it?" Asks Zack.

"Yeah, what's it?" Asks Ian.

Tartus doesn't answer and keeps quiet, watching the fight.

Will you be able to do it, Akin? Thinks Tartus.

"C'mon! It's getting annoying! Give up already!" Says Moira.

The arena starts booing Akin.

"That's Tartus' student? How weak!"

"Give up already, kid. We are tired of you!"

Say the people on the bleachers.

Akin starts to think of a solution.

What can I do? I can't see from where the attacks are coming. I can't... Huh? 

Suddenly, Akin remembers a day during his training with Tartus. He remembers what Tartus said that day.

"Your reflexes are still too weak. You won't be able to dodge my attacks if you keep trying to see them. You need to do something different."

"That's it!" Says Akin.

"Huh? Did you say something?"

"Yeah. I will block your next attack!"

"Huh?"

"If you attack me again, I will block it and counter-attack you with a punch! Then you will lose."

"What are you talking about?"

"Attack me one more time, and you will see it!" Says Akin with a smile.

0