Chapter 01- The Beginning
31 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

‘Just sleep and your troubles will go away’

I don’t know why but for some reason I, yet again, decided to follow the world’s most deceiving words. To be honest, I knew that running away from troubles and leaving them to the future only leads to more trouble, but what can I do? My weak little heart can’t help but place hope on something that might never happen.

Thus, listening to the whims of my heart, I closed my eyes and found myself falling asleep almost instantaneously. I guess I must have gotten tired of all the things that have been happening as of lately.

It was a weird feeling, even though I knew that I had fallen asleep I was fully awake at the same time. It was as if I was drifting in an ocean or maybe a bathtub filled with water, my body seemed lighter to me as well, no, actually it seemed as if my body didn’t have any weight at all.

‘What’s happening?’ I thought when suddenly my surroundings started feeling hot… no warm to me and I felt as if I was lying with my head against something very comfortable.

It was a comfortable feeling, and for some reason I don’t know, I felt like crying but then I didn’t cry, I mean it would be weird for a 21-year-old to cry out of the blue for no reason whatsoever.

This feeling of comfort though didn’t last for too long as after a brief period of time I found myself suffocating and choking.

‘What the hell!? What’s happening? Is my ex trying to murder me in my sleep? Was that comfortable feeling actually my ex trying to choke me with a pillow?’ is what I thought but then I discarded the thought as I didn’t have time to be worrying about something like this, not now at least.

I tried to move my arms, to move my body in order to break free from this hellish feeling of suffocation but try as I might I wasn’t even able to move a single muscle, let alone my arms or body.

My heart sank, I was confused, I didn’t know what had happened to me and why someone was trying to kill me either, but there was one thing that shone as clear as a day in my mind, ‘If I want to live then I have to break free right this instant!’

“Aaaahhh!!! Aaahh! My baby!!!” It was then that I heard a woman’s voice, she was crying very loudly but unfortunately, I didn’t have any time to help her as I, myself was on the verge of dying.

I… need to get away… otherwise… I will… die…!

As soon as this thought passed my mind, I felt my body filling with energy, and strangely so, this time, I was also able to move my body!

Collecting all the power in my muscles, I gave it my all in this one final shot and tried to remove the pillow that was covering my face. I tried for a good while and after a period of struggle, I was finally able to move it away. Or maybe it was the pillow that itself was lifted away from my face. I guess it was more likely the second possibility.

“D-doctor…. h-he is…!”

Who the hell is talking so loudly!?

I tried to open my eyes but for some reason, I was having a bit of difficulty opening them but this problem didn’t last for too long as I suddenly found someone forcefully opening my eyes with their fingers.

Thanks, I guess.

I finally opened my eyes but still for a good minute or two I wasn’t able to see anything. Everything around me seemed blurry to me, but I slowly regained my vision.

And, the first thing I saw when I woke up was the crying face of a woma… no, it was my… mother…?

***

Mother, I don’t know why but for some reason I found myself involuntarily using this term for the woman before me.

I looked away from her and found myself in a room completely different from my own. There was no ceiling fan, no laptop, no air conditioner, or even a trace of electricity in my surroundings, and most of all, there were two men present in the room as well who were now looking at me with stupefied expressions on their faces, one of them was a young man in his early twenties, he was carrying a big sword in his hand and the other was an old man and he had a necklace which looked to be made up of bones around his neck.

‘Where the hell am I!?’ is what I should have asked myself but I didn’t think there was any reason for me to go with the usual 'acting dumb' act since I had already read enough fantasy novels to know perfectly about the situation I was in.

Looks like those deceiving words about sleeping to get away from troubles actually worked this time around,

Yes, looks like I got reincarnated.

***

Trying my best to restrain myself from acting stupidly on my very first day in the world, I calmly looked around the room, even though it had sort of an old look to it, it pretty much looked like a comfortable place to reside in.

My gaze fell on my mother or new mother, I suppose. She had a smile on her face that perfectly complimented her pretty face, pitch-black hair that was in a perfect combination with her pale skin, and blue eyes which were full of kindness and gentleness. She was smiling and was looking at me lovingly. I found myself wanting to cling to her for some reason, I guess that’s why babies stop crying when their mothers hold them in their arms, hah?

I peeled my eyes off her and looked at the young man holding a sword in his hand, he had a big smile on his face and he kept on looking at me with teary eyes. The man looked really handsome, he had disheveled dirty blond hair, a broad forehead, and amethyst eyes that seemed to shine despite the room being dim. If I am not wrong then this guy must be my father.

‘Why the hell is he carrying a sword though? Is it some kind of a ritual or maybe something like a tradition?’

I was thinking about the possible reason behind my father bringing a sword during his child’s birth when suddenly

“Can I see him?” An unexpected voice called out to my parents, the voice belonged to the old man with the bone necklace around his neck. My parents looked at each other for a moment and then, without any resistance whatsoever I was handed over to the old man.

‘Is he really a doctor?’ I thought, looking at him he looked more like some voodoo practitioner than a doctor.

And I don’t know why but for some reason I am also able to understand what these people are saying. Aren’t I just getting too many cheats? Maybe something called a ‘system’ might pop up any moment now.

Coming back to the present scenario,

The doctor or whatever anyone might call him took me in his arms and placed his forehead against mine. He stood in that position for around a minute, I was confused and I didn’t know what to do, so in the end, I just decided to stay like that too and not make any noise.

Is he checking my body using some magical technique? Hmm… now that I think about it, doesn’t he kind of… looks like… an… exorcist?

Hahaha, yep he totally looks like an exorcist!

An exorcist…

Exorcist…?

Just as this thought crossed my mind I pissed myself, quite literally, and started crying loudly.

“Uwaaa waaaaa!!!”

This time, I didn’t think about the earlier 21 years of my life or how shameful it would be to cry, I just started crying without thinking about anything else, I don’t know if this is a fantasy world or not, but, if by any chance I am caught by these people here, then I can say goodbye to any and all the dreams of a fantasy life or even a second chance in life that I had brewing in my head for a last couple of minutes. Who knows what they might do with me once I am found out.

I would do anything I can in order to survive. My second life hadn’t even started yet and now I was in the danger of being found out… Gahhh!!! I screwed up! I have to cry, louder!

“Waaaahhhh aahahhh!!!”

Clearer!

“Waaaahhhh uwaaahh!!!”

With more ferocity!

“Aaahhhhh! Waaahhhh!!!”

Now even I started feeling ashamed from crying this loudly.

But thanks to all the good deeds I had committed in my past life (that obviously included feeding stray dogs and cats), the doctor just smiled at me, patted my back, handed me over to my mother, and said,

“Checked him, his vital signs are okay and there’s no chance of him being possessed either. I know that it is a bit late but congratulations Mr. & Mrs. Griffith” said the old doctor with a genial smile on his face

My mother and father, although confused and terrified at first beamed when they heard that I was okay and kissed me on my forehead.

I found myself blushing after getting kissed by someone so beautiful

And wait… did this old guy just say ‘no chance of being possessed’?

Mum! Dad! This guy is a fraud!!!

4