Arc I : Chapter 3 – Sibling
34 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Year 1236 of King Rainëdāll Calendar

Spring

Schlerine Elder Village, Tciechianoer Kingdom

Town Schlerine was one of the many important towns of the Tciechianoer Kingdom, as the Kingdom was devoid of any cities except the Kingdom Capital, owing to the fact that people of this Kingdom (including the royal family themselves) abhorred them and didn't allow any kind of system to be put in place for that to be realized. Of course the only exception was the Kingdom Capital owing to the factor that it was the center of power of the whole Kingdom. Even then the capital didn't have any sort of overt grandiose, being only a larger town with a bigger population. Villages also existed and were more numerous, with most of them being the elder villages belonging to their respective towns. While the rest were a few nomadic villages of which little was known about except that they too were people of the Kingdom and thus had light silver hair, white skin and light blue eyes and like everyone in the kingdom, belonged to the path of light.

Naturally there was an elder village that existed near the north border of Town Schlerine, known as the Schlerine Elder Village, where the retired Elders of Town Schlerine lived after passing down their inheritances to their children. All the children of the Town on their coming of age ceremony at age 13 would live at the village with the elders for 1 year, receiving their teachings of everything they could teach. The Elder who was the nearest blood relative of the visiting child would normally be the one who'd be in charge of their teachings. The Elders when needed would also help each other in teaching the kids if they were asked by their fellow elders if and when required. It was also required that the female elders be in charge of teaching the female children while the male elders would be in charge of teaching the male children.

Life of the elders consisted of food and mushroom gathering from nearby forests, hunting small animals, teaching the children of Town Schlerine currently residing in Schlerine Elder Village, etc. Water gathering was done from a nearby stream that was present in the forest in earthen pots, unlike how it was done in Town Schlerine, which had a water well where women of the town would go to for gathering water each day.

In one of the village houses, built up of large cut stones stuck together like puzzle pieces (as like in an igloo), an old man in his 50s could be seen sitting in one of the house's rooms in a meditative posture on the stone floor, his eyes closed. Sitting in front of him was an old woman, also in her 50s, knitting various animal hides for the purpose of making a men's fur trousers (probably either for her husband or her son), and was totally focused in her task. After an hour, the old woman, who was also the old man's wife, finished her task with a completed fur trousers in her hands giving it a one last look before briefly glancing towards her husband, who was still in his meditative posture. She then stood up, put all the knitting equipment back into their shelves and walked towards the living room's window. Watching out towards the scenery outside which consisted of the plants and trees having freshly grown leaves and flowers, the sky filled with white clouds flowing gently in a specific direction and the birds moving around from branch to branch with their chirping sounds that seem to follow a particular pattern, she murmured to herself.

Madëlle noer Schlerine : [It's that time of year again. The aurora fog fields have started to form.]

The old man slowly opened his eyes. With a cold face he looked towards the living room's window, his gaze piercing through the scene outside into a distance, finding a light hazy blue fog that were miles away with his light blue eyes that shone with white light.

Clandenstell noer Schlerine : [Yes. As expected your instincts and senses are quite acute. They have started to form]

He then paused, taking in a small brief breath, and continued

Clandenstell noer Schlerine : [Strength and wisdom really does come at a price.]

Madëlle noer Schlerine : [And our Light God and the Mother God know that clearly as well]

Slight pain could be seen in Madëlle's eyes as she continued

Madëlle noer Schlerine : [Like always I pray that the children give their all.]

*****************

Few days after...

Town Schlerine, Tciechianoer Kingdom

In Town Lord's Residence, at noon.

Two women and one child could be seen in the residence's living room, the 25 year old Svoelline standing with an expectant look as her friend Celtine crouched in front of her stomach, putting one of her ears pressed over it.

Celtine Schlerine : [It's definitely a sign of child. Congratulations Svoelline! You're going to have your second child.]

Celtine said as she stood back up from her crouching position and moved back. Since she was skilled in the art of midwifery, Svoelline called for her today after she started experiencing the same signs she felt when she was pregnant with Tetrdell for the past few days.

Tetrdell noer Schlerine : [Mother? Child?]

Of course little Tetrdell was standing near them looking on curiously as he tried to understand what these two ladies were talking about. He asked his mother the whereabouts of this certain child that was the topic of their conversation. Svoelline hearing his innocent question, decided not to answer after thinking for a few seconds and instead gave a teasing smile as she asked a question in return.

Svoelline noer Schlerine : [Where do you think the child is Tetrdell? Mother will give you a hint, the child is currently here in this room, You can't see the child, but the child is definitely here.]

Tetrdell, after trying to think hard for some time, made a confused face and then as if coming with an answer, made a face of realization.

Tetrdell noer Schlerine : [Tummy?]

This surprised both Svoelline and Celtine. Svoelline then made a bright smile while Celtine walked towards Tetrdell as she patted on his head with care.

Celtine Schlerine : [I've seen you many times Tetrdell and I've known you to be a calm but mischievous child from your mother. But you also seem to be a boy with quick wits. You'll definitely make aunt and your parents proud in the future.]

Hearing this, Tetrdell instantly became happy, since he knew he was being praised even if he didn't really understand the whole of what was said to him. He then walked to his mother and asked her to carry him in her embrace, since he always asked for it whenever he was either tired or happy.

Svoelline noer Schlerine : [Look who's acting as a spoiled kid. Umm... Celtine, it won't hurt the baby, right?]

Celtine Schlerine : [Since it's probably the first month, it's fine. But please try to reduce this habit of his since it won't be possible after a month or two.]

Svoelline noer Schlerine : [I'll keep that in mind. Come here son.]

Svoelline thus carried Tetrdell in her embrace to which Tetrdell then positioned himself comfortably within, looking over everything from his mother's height. A much higher perspective which he found very fun.

Celtine Schlerine : [Umm... Svoelline. Did you hear about the aurora fog fields?]

Hearing this Svoelline's expression instantly became serious. Celtine's face had already turned gloomy by the time she finished her sentence.

Svoelline noer Schlerine : [Why would you mention it if it brings you this much pain?]

Celtine Schlerine : [It's not like we can run away from it.]

Celtine gave a helpless smile. Seeing this Svoelline quickly tried to take the reins of the conversation, not wanting to see her friend's pained expression.

Svoelline noer Schlerine : [Yes, I heard it from Mother-in-law when she visited us the day before yesterday. Though you do remember that the Fog fields aren't really the ones to blame right?]

Celtine Schlerine : [I know. It's a blessing instead if we are really honest about it. But I can't help it and you know the reason, right?]

Hearing it Svoelline herself revealed a pained look this time. Suddenly she noticed Tetrdell loosening his hold on her, making her realize that her son was feeling drowsy and wanted to go to sleep. Seeing this as an opportunity, she decided to change topic and put a stop to the gloomy conversation.

Svoelline noer Schlerine : [Looks like Tetrdell is feeling sleepy. Let's go and put him to sleep. I also want to hear more about sweet Anabëlle. Isn't she now 3 years of age? You can't always hide your daughter from me.]

Hearing about her daughter and recognizing the cue, Celtine quickly tried changing her mood back to normal and tried replying with a happy tone.

Celtine Schlerine : [Really? It's great to hear coming from a certain overprotective mother.]

Svoelline noticing her friend trying to return her mood back to normal, replied with a happy pout.

Svoelline noer Schlerine : [You really have a reply for everything do you?]

Seeing this Celtine's mood finally improved as she continued.

Celtine Schlerine : [Let's go quickly and put little Tetrdell to sleep. Just see how tired he looks.]

Svoelline noer Schlerine : [Right? Look how tired he is. Can't really have my son thinking I'm ignoring him. It will make me sad.]

Celtine Schlerine : [I was right. You are the overprotective type.]

Svoelline smiled kindly as she saw her friend return back to her cheerful self. They then went to the master bedroom, after which Svoelline gently put Tetrdell down in his wooden cradle (remade into a bigger size by Heindell), as he fell asleep the moment his back comfortably rested upon the cradle's bed's cushion. Seeing him asleep, the two ladies left the room and continued their conversation back in the living room as Svoelline started asking Celtine about Anabëlle, to which Celtine was happy to answer. Like that their conversation continued for an hour until evening came which marked the time to start preparing dinner in a Schlerine's household. Both women knew about it, and thus decided to stop and promised to continue their conversation on a future occasion.

At the Town Lord's residence entrance door.

Svoelline noer Schlerine : [Take care Celtine. Bring your daughter here the next time you visit us during the day.]

Celtine Schlerine : [You also take care Madame. And congratulations again for your second child.]

Celtine turned around and walked through the Town Lord's residence front yard, then out of the residence through the front yard gate into the main street. Svoelline saw her friend's departing back before going inside and closing the entrance door behind her. She rubbed her stomach with her hand, feeling happy and contented on having hers and Heindell's second child, after which she walked towards the master bedroom where she saw Tetrdell still sleeping peacefully in his bed. Seeing her son's face that looked tranquil in his sleep, Svoelline smiled after which she exited the room, and went towards her kitchen. As she started to prepare the ingredients for today's dinner, she remembered about the conversation she had with Celtine today, and thus said to herself while thinking about her son.

Svoelline noer Schlerine : [Grow up strong and healthy, son. Life is beautiful, but it can also be harsh when it wants itself to be. A strong and healthy mind and body will help you brave the harshness of life. It's only when you are successful in braving life's harshness is when you realize how precious, sad, but nevertheless beautiful, life is. True happiness can only be understood after that, son.]

Pausing, Svoelline glanced towards her stomach, as she continued her monologue.

Svoelline noer Schlerine : [You too grow up healthy, my child. Be cheerful and lively as your elder brother is. Learn from him. Because that will help you.]

0