Chapter 1
51 1 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Ever since Yan Qiyi was born he could tell he was not a normal child.

He remembered everything that happened to him since the he was born. He remembered his own mother die giving birth to him, he remembered his father abandoning him at the orphanage. 

But the strangest thing was that he could see some letters floating above their head. He could see their role and genres. His father had a 'Passerby' written over his head. His dead mother had this aswell. Even the orphanage director had one aswell. He could see the genre only if the person is a protagonist.

He would also hear a machanical voice in his head sometimes. He was absolutely terrified of this voice as whenever this voice appeared he would feel as if he got his soul and whole body shredded.

The degree of pain depends on how much he violated the role of passerby. If he tried to stand out from among all the passerby characters he would get a little bit of pain but if he stood out among the other characters such as the Cannon Fodder, side character or other important roles then he would feel as if his whole body was being burnt alive. 

If there were only a few characters then it would be alright as he could avoid them but as it happens the roles get updated aswell. Suppose a person was a passerby then he or she could change their status by being with the protagonist. Or they themselves can become a protagonist if they meet some certain criteria for the story. But the chances are extremely low.

So from a young age Yan Qiyi had to live as a passerby.

The most important rules for being a Character were:-

1. Never covet the protagonist's things.

2. Don't stood out among the important characters.

3. Don't expect anything from anyone.

4. Do everything according to the role.

When Yan Qiyi was seven years old, he was adopted by a couple. He was happy to be adopted but as soon as he saw the words ' Protagonist's mother and father' he knew he was doomed. He saw his own role change into 'cannon fodder adopted brother' from ' passerby Y' . 

As it turned out he was right, The first thing his adopted Parents and elder brother said was that he should not covet the protagonist's things.

The family he was adopted into was a wealthy family. In the S city, the Chen family was one of the richest family. They only had two children in the main branch, the eldest son Chen JunLin and the youngest Chen Ziqi. The youngest son Chen Ziqi was kidnapped when he was seven years old and has been missing since then. Chen Ziqi is older than Yan Qiyi by one year.

After three years of search, he was finally brought back to his family. He was particularly jealous of this new brother thinking that his place in the family was occupied by the new adopted brother. He acted spoiled in front of his family and took what ever attention was given to Yan Qiyi. Not that he mind.

The protagonist Chen Ziqi's theme of the novel was campus romance/ High school romance. so after he graduates from the high school then his role would change.

He didn't have any special feelings regarding this.

So as time continues he finally offically enters the campus romance story. The start of the story.

6