30 – The Sleeping Immortal
1k 2 44
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A bed of flowers sprouted from the ground as Leslie inspected the body. “She’s just asleep,” she confirmed. “I can’t find anything else wrong with her.”

“That’s healing magic for you,” Stacy grumbled, “Hopefully this means she’ll wake up sooner than usual.”

Stacy ground her teeth as she paced back and forth. She released her anger by punching a nearby tree, which promptly exploded into a shower of splinters.

“Damn,” she grunted, “The list of people I want to slaughter just keeps getting longer. Damn politics, and damn friendship. Why does it have to be so difficult?”

She rubbed her fist, which was torn and bleeding, and turned to Leslie. “We should take her back to the inn. Let her rest up nice and good. We can get going after she wakes up.”

Leslie began moving to gather the body into her arms, but Stacy stopped her. “I’ll take her. You should meet up with Priscilla. At this rate she might actually reach Lumedia before us. And if there’s anyone else like that paladin wandering around, I’m worried about her.”

Leslie smiled. “Thank you. I’m worried about her too, and it has been quite lonely without her around.”

Stacy smirked. “I know you really just want to have some fun with her while I’m not looking, right? Well, not that I blame you. Go on ahead.”

Leslie smiled and ran ahead, sprouting flowery wings from her back. “And you take care of Bridget, okay?”

Flower petals scattered in the wind as the succubus spouted wings and floated away, while Stacy took the sleeping girl’s body and headed back in the direction of town.

I should follow Stacy, I thought, but I didn’t really see any reason for it. I didn’t see any reason to do anything. After all, that wasn’t really my body, right? I just stood there languidly, watching as Stacy disappeared between the trees, a creeping sloth taking over my body, my spirit?

I would join Stacy later. Like she said, she wasn’t going anywhere until the girl woke up, so it wasn’t urgent. I took a seat on a protruding root, watching as the wind scattered colorful leaves through the air.

I don’t know how much time passed, but eventually a shadowy wolf appeared. I extended a hand to stroke its fur as it passed, and it turned its head to look through me before continuing.

Eventually darkness began to fill the sky, and I finally felt a pull. I followed it, and found myself back to the town, standing in front of the Inn. Rather than take the front door, I floated up to the second story and phased through the wall into our room.

Stacy sat on the edge of my bed, arm resting on her knee, keeping an eye on the door to the room, a complicated expression on her face.

In my bed was sleeping the familiar yet strangely alien girl. Upon my arrival, her white eyelashes began to delicately flutter open.

Stacy noticed immediately and turned to face me. “You’re awake?” she asked in a soft yet worried tone.

My vision slowly began to focus, Stacy’s worried expression was the first thing I saw. I tried to speak, but my throat was dry. Stacy helped me sit up, and my eyes shifted to the glass of water on the bedside table.

“Here,” Stacy said gently as she handed it to me, “You need to drink.” She held me steady as I took the glass and sipped the water, her fingertips wrapped gently around my waist. After I was done she took the glass from me and set it back on the table.

Stacy’s worried expression began to soften as our eyes met. I always had trouble with eye contact, but with Stacy it was okay. She had a soft smile on her lips. “How are you feeling sweetie?” she asked as she ran her fingers through my hair.

I considered for a moment, then answered. “A little sore still, I think. I didn’t die this time, I think, but it still hurt a lot.”

Stacy nodded and kissed my forehead. “Well, I think I know something that will make you feel better. What do you say? It’s been a while.”

I blushed. Every time Stacy touched me, I felt a soft warmth spread through me. I tilted my head to the side, and her lips were on my neck. After sucking gently, I felt her teeth slide into my skin. I shuddered as an amazing sense of Euphoria spread through my veins.

Maybe what Gregory said about me being brainwashed was true. All I knew for sure though was that I was addicted to this vampire’s bite.

Stacy’s hands wrapped firmly around my body as she drank my blood, and I likewise allowed my own fingers to wrap around her. I caressed her shoulders and the small of her back. I could feel that I was breathing heavy. Stacy released my neck and licked up the remnants of blood. She then pulled back slightly to look at my face. I flushed even more, I knew I must have a perverted look on my face right now.

She just smiled at me though. I felt my muscles relax and my expression soften. I craved more of her. I needed more. And as if responding to my internal desire, Stacy placed a hand on my chin and pulled me into a kiss.

44