35 – A Dark Trade, pt 2
581 1 21
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

- Gregory -

White light filled the alley and the two men screamed as the evil was burned from their souls. After the light faded they crumpled to the ground, smoke rising from their charred skin. If the evil within them was not too strong, they would survive.

I stepped toward the remaining man, holy light pulsing from my hand.

“W-wait,” he back away. “I get it, I’ll take you to our boss. So no need for that, okay?”

I allowed the light in my hand to fade, and he led me to run-down building in the far end of town. An evil stench radiated off the place, and in my eyes visible purple fumes swirled into the air.

There was no doubt, it was Bazalsevun’s taint. This place was the den of evil in this town.

The ill-shaven man approached the door and knocked three times. “Miss Mordred? You have a guest.”

The door popped open immediately and the ill-shaven man flinched to avoid getting hit in the nose.

I almost felt my heart stop. A sickening thick purple aura poured out of the open door. It was similar in intensity to the vampire I had fought, and I had only managed to survive then because of her mercy.

I had had enough of underestimating my foes. Whoever was in there, it was not someone I could fight. At least not alone.

A head with flowing dark hair and sporting a pair of goat-like horns poked out of the door. Emerald green eyes darted around the area. She had a huge smile on her face. “Dante? Is it Dante?” a soft voice rang out. But when she didn’t find who she was looking for, her face turned to a scowl.

She flicked a clawed finger at the ill-shaven man, knocking him onto his rear and causing blood to flow from his nose. “Don’t say my name in front of a stranger.”

She turned to me, twisting her neck in a way that almost seemed unnatural, the wide smile returning to her face. “You must be the guest then? My, what an unusual guest.”

She opened the door fully, allowing more of the vile essence to spill out and revealing the rest of her body. Black ceremonial robes. Behind her were a pair of bat wings and a thin spade-tipped tail. A succubus. She must be the one manipulating the people of this town.

It wasn’t uncommon for succubi to also worship Bazalsevun on the side, after all, they were a type of demon. But still, this was one hell of a demonic succubus.

“Come in?” she offered.

I took a step back on instinct. The moment I did, her aura fluctuated wildly, though the expression on her face did not change. She was not about to let me back away. I had the feeling that if I didn’t do what she wanted, she would attack. I should play along for now.

“Actually, I think I will come in.” I stepped cautiously through the door. She closed the door behind me.

The room seemed unassuming on the surface, just a normal entry hall, but it was absolutely drenched in a thick evil aura. It was nauseating.

The demon-woman named Mordred walked around me in a circle, eying me up and down. I just watched her carefully, ready to pull out the sword at my hip at a moment’s notice.

“Hmmm…” she mused, “Very nice. But, could I see what you look like with the armor off?”

“Huh? Why?” I was taken aback. Obviously I should refuse. I don’t think I need to express in words how it would be a bad idea to take off my armor in front of her. But I needed to find a way to turn her down without potentially angering her.

“What do you mean why?” She pressed her body against my chest, causing my whole body to tense up.

She was close enough now that I could cast Judgment, but she was strong enough that a single Judgment wouldn’t be enough. And I didn’t want to provoke a fight that I wasn’t sure I could win. I had learned my lesson. I still didn’t even know what any of her gifts were.

She looked up at me with seductive upturned eyes. “Obviously we can’t have fun with all this between us. Normally I ask for something in return, but for you…”

I stepped away. I wasn’t blind to what she was doing. It was seduction, a staple trick used by succubi to control the minds of men. It wouldn’t work on me though, I was chaste. My heart belonged to my goddess. “Sorry, I can’t, I…” I struggled to find words, fear clouding my mind.

She looked irritated for a moment, but then her face lit up again. “Oh, I get it. You must be like Dante. Aw, a shame, really.” She seemed genuinely disappointed, but at least she wasn’t offended.

She gestured to an old wooden door on the side of the room, “In that case, I have some toys in the basement you might be interested in, want to take a look?”

21