38 – Reminiscence
345 1 15
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Stacy the Vampire —

Before I became a vampire? There’s really not much to tell. I wish I could tell some epic story with with conflict and betrayal, but really I just became a vampire because I thought it was cool.”

Bridget blinked at me in confusion, “Is that all? You just thought it was cool, and you became one?”

I took a moment to gather my thoughts. I guess I could elaborate. “I grew up in a small village to the north,” I began my story, “My parents were devout followers of Ashmay. When I came of age, it was time for me to pledge my devotion to one of the gods. The most obvious choice would be to follow my parents’ footsteps, of course, and I guess I technically did do that as well in the end, but I wanted to put more thought into it. Everyone has heard of the savage evil vampires, but there we also tales of the noble Lord of Blood, stories of Haimorrha when he still walked the earth, and of his seven consorts.

Out of everything, those stories were just what spoke to me the most, so that’s what I chose. There were no temples to Haimorhha in our little village, and I don’t think anyone there would have accepted me anyway, so I just left.

It was a foolish endeavor to try to reach the castle on my own, after all, it was situated in the middle of a monster-infested swamp. I could have easily died just like that, no matter how confident I felt in my sword, I was young, and I was just human. But that’s when I found Dagon. He wasn’t king of the vampires back then, just an ordinary high-ranking priest. He was patrolling the area, and probably sensed me from a mile away. After telling him my intentions, he helped me reach the castle and organized my devotion ceremony for me. And I guess you could say the rest is history.

Wow,” Bridget said, gazing longingly into my eyes. “That really is just as uneventful and boring as you made it sound.”

I laughed at her bluntness, “Hey, I warned you. Anyway, we should probably get back to the road.”

15