CHAPTER 1: THE KINGDOMS NEWEST RESIDENT
55 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Calm, quiet and beautiful was the moon as she gently shone her light over the land as homes both large and small rest under its presence. Above them sat the largest of them all, a palace is known as The Palace of the Heavenly Black Lotus. Named after the first Empress' love of the flower, becoming the jewel of the capital and most important treasure of the Kingdom of Zetra. The largest kingdom on the Tetrian Continent spanning just over seven hundred thousand square miles. Standing against the railing of her balcony was her majesty the queen, silently contemplating the future of her people and kingdom. As she knows that this peacefulness will not last forever as a powerful threat has begun to stir. "Somehow someway, we must survive, the kingdom cannot end during my reign". Sighed the queen. As she contemplated this, the sound of familiar footsteps approached her back. "Your Majesty Vatir, I believe that it's time for you to retire for the night as you have the Summit Of Leaders in the morning." Turning around she smiled brightly towards her personal attendant and longtime friend Micara. "Micara, now you know that I still have more work to do and besides those fools, tomorrow will only argue amongst themselves." Vatir giggled. "Still, your majesty, it would be better for you to rest, it will bring unrest to the people if something happens due to overexertion. As such.." Micara retorted. "Oh, you're always like this and how many times do I have to tell you to call me by my name? Oh forget it, I'll turn in for the night, but before I do let me ask you one thing. Do you think that we'll be able to truly survive this?" "In all honesty, I believe that Lady Zetra will provide us with an opportunity to overcome this. She has never abandoned us before and I know that she never would. According to historical records stored in the imperial library, she has always provided support only when she feels the time is right. So, all we can do is wait for her to choose when to step in and then go from there. Anyway, goodnight your majesty." Bowed Micara.

As the sun sat high overlooking the world the political and military leaders chided each other goading those of the other faction or races. With things starting to become heated the queen made her timely arrival in order to quell them and officially start. "Your highness!" They greeted, bowing towards the queen as she took her seat. "Be seated everyone, now first before anything, I have been informed of a large number of incidents involving racial discrimination towards the beastman. Now can anyone tell me why this is happening at a time where we all need to be of one mind, hmm?" She asked glaring venomously into each of their eyes, especially the ministry. "Oh, no need to bother with any excuses, just the damn problem now before things escalate further or you shall beg for death only for it to never come." She says looking towards her ministers. "Since that's been addressed, General Brutix, Hawsin, has anything happened since the last incident?" All eyes shifted unto the two; General Decor Brutix of the bearmen, leader of the Second Heavy Infantry Division, standing 2.4m tall with a body of pure muscle hidden underneath a light covering of brown fur. While General Alis Hawsin, a noble-born from the hawkmen, stood at 1.8m covered by a plumage of sky blue and gold. "Other than random attacks by several different individuals nothing. Though from two of my men, they've stated that it was like they were being tested, your majesty." "That could be troubling all we can do is go as we have been, but be careful we don't know when or where their next large-scale attack will take place." Finished going over the two main topics the summit continued smoothly until they were all shaken by two large explosions, the first was heard slightly off in the distance and the second right in their ears as the entire palace shook. Many were forcefully thrown from their seats, some luckily avoiding injury from a few fallen chandeliers. Some audibly breathing sighs of relief at their fortune, only for several of the ministry to become panicked at the thought that the enemy had finally decided to attack the capital. As the guards rushed in to check on the attendees, they unintentionally added to the confusion, while also being questioned by the military leaders on the situation. All the while no one noticed the Empress' personal attendant appear from the shadows. "Your majesty, we have information on what happened. It seems that a man-shaped object was launched out of the sky and into your personal chambers. Due, to the sensitivity of the incident we leave the decision to release this information to the public. We will take care of the aftermath swiftly, your Majesty." She relayed slipping back into the shadows. Seeing that it was nothing to be worried about she decided to quell everyone. "Enough! I've just been told that the explosion was nothing major, it was just the result of a failed experiment by my scientists, so calm yourselves and stow your weapons." With that announcement, everyone mentally sighed and complained about the imperial scientists and their failures. Even knowing what the 'explosion' was caused by no one truly calmed down; noticing so Vatir decided to reconvene the meeting for later in the week and dismissed everyone. As she watched the last of them leave she cast a soundproof barrier and called for Micara. "Tell me, what did you discover and how bad is the damage?" “All we truly found was that he was unconscious, yet perfectly fine after falling from an incredible height. Other than that there’s nothing, but because he intruded on your personal chambers we have him chained and isolated. What would you have us do with him?" With a mischievous smile growing across her face Vatir answered; "Nothing, why don't we go and see how what he thought of my room, let's go we don't want to keep our guest waiting". As Vatir sent everyone back to their quarters, the mysterious intruder lay unconscious as the guards carried him towards his cell. Unbeknownst to anyone, there was something within him that began to stir; elsewhere a few of the elder ministers congregated in an empty room. "Elders Zeq and Plok, what do you think was the true cause of that explosion? From what I know there aren't any plans to conduct experiments, or maybe there were some I wasn't aware." Elder Uthiv explained. Looking towards the ever quiet Zeq elder Plok asked, "What's your opinion about this Zeq, what do you think the girl is up to"? With his back towards the two and his gaze looking out unto the kingdom, " It matters not, we will continue as before, nothing shall get in our way". He stated.

0