CHAPTER 3: All You’re Gonna Get
28 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It's been a week ever since I've woken up in this strange yet beautiful world. There are creatures far more mystical than I'm used to, but also very similar as well. I was allowed to visit the royal library and learn that this world is called, Lumira. She's orbited by three moons, has an eight-day week with thirty hours in a day." Reaper thought to himself as he continued to grab more books throughout the library. Standing not too far away from him were the Queen, Micara, and Nemesis all watching over him still trying to come to terms with the kingdoms newest secret. As she kept her eyes on him, Vatir turned toward Micara and asked her, "What have we learned from him so far, has he done anything that we need to be worried about?" "No your Majesty, he's just gone to the garden and meditated for the most part, other than that he has spent the majority of his time here learning about this world's history. Anything else and you'd have to ask Nemesis since she been with him the most," Micara says motioning to Nemesis. "She's right, he's done pretty much nothing except that, but he has asked me why I'm the only one who has to wear a mask." While they continued to talk amongst themselves they were unaware that Reaper moved behind them. "...You do know that if you want to know all you have to do is ask me, remember, also I'm still thinking about that offer of yours", he said startling the three of them. Seeing him walk past them and back to his sit to read, they all looked at each other, as they thought back to what he meant….

He motioned to an empty space in his cell where suddenly, three small fire plumes appeared and from them materialized seats for them. "Now what is it that you want to know? Also choose what you ask carefully, now you can start and I'll start when you're done." Although stunned they each took a seat and Vatir began to ask her questions, "Since we know your name, can you tell us where you come from? Why you fell out of the sky and came out unscathed? Also, more importantly, what are you exactly are you to be able to create chairs out of nothing?" As she finished everyone looked at him wondering pretty much the same as well. Although not used to such concise questions he began, "Well… I come from a place called Earth, it is not a far off land yet to be discovered. Yet, it's a world where some of you, if not all, would be considered as myths or legends of old. It was a place that after four billion years of evolution became home to a race called Homo Sapien Sapien, who colonized six of the seven continents. They themselves were not powerful people, but it was through their ingenuity and thirst for power that propelled them to rule the planet until their inevitable extinction. The sixth to happen on that world and I was born twenty-four years prior. As for what I am it depended on the mentality some called me a God, the next evolutionary step or more often than not monster. Though after they tried to kill me several dozens of times that's what I was pretty much mentioned as. That continued on until the day their species ultimately died, it was at that moment that I found myself pulled into a void of darkness, where I floated and slept for who knows how long. The rest you already know and that's all you're going to get for now; so am I free to go, or do you have anything else you want to say? He asked noticing the expression on Vatirs face. "Yes, actually, I would like for you to join my Scarlet Masquerade", she asked stunning both Micara and Nemesis along with the rest of her guard. Since they all knew from its inception, no male had ever been allowed to join due to the fact that only one man was allowed to go into the queen's chambers, the king….

"Alright, let's go Micara there are still some things that need to be addressed. Nemesis, we'll see you again later; and see you too." Having heard the Queens farewell, Reaper continued on with his reading; yet at the same time was aware that throughout their short encounter there was another spying on the whole thing. Seeing that the spectator left he thought, "No matter the world, it seems that the people stay the same."

It had been a couple of days since her short chat in the library, everything was peaceful as she went through her daily routine. Though nothing lasts as a group of ministers led by Elder Plok disturbed her, "Your Majesty, is it true that you have allowed an unknown male individual to roam the halls freely? Have you finally decided to take my recommendation for a new recruit?" Staring coldly at the smug Plok, she answered, "Yes I have, and no I haven't as I've come to meet someone who outmatched your choice by leagues and they have been allowed to get used to their future home. Before heading out on their initiation mission." Hearing this, a small indiscernible glint flashed in his eyes as the others began to stir. "Well congratulations, your Majesty, though how can we be so sure of that individual's prowess if we've never seen them before. How about this, once they return from their mission, we organize a public match between my recommendation and them. That way the kingdom will be able to be relieved about who will be the next to personally protect you… Now that we took up enough of your time we shall leave", Plok said with a small grin before anything more could be said. Watching the ministers leave, she knew that even more trouble was going to be rearing its ugly head in the foreseeable future.

1