01 Opening 1 – Ambush
49 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

01 Opening 1 - Ambush

 

Guild Master room, Mercenary Guild at Aeris Base.

The sound of knocking on the door was heard, followed by the voice of someone saying from behind the door.

"... Guild Master? Are you awake?"

Lin Xian'er opened her eyes, looking at the ceiling of the room, but her gaze was blocked by the glasses she was using.

Hearing the call, Lin Xian'er instinctively furrowed her eyebrows. Then it's like she just remembered something and then loosened it back up.

Lin Xian'er kept her virtual glasses and then again confirmed her sitting posture in the main chair as before, like there was no change at all, and then closed her eyes again.

With a slightly hoarse tone like she had just woken up and was still focused on her dream, she said,"... Come in."

The sound of opening and closing the door was heard.

Secretary Elise looked towards the main chair and saw her boss still in a sleeping position like she was not aware at all of the arrival of someone who entered her study.

Seeing that, the tip of Secretary Elise's lip twitched.

She tried to open her mouth, but couldn't let out a word.

Although the desk in front of Lin Xian'er looked empty and brilliantly clean with no dust at all, inside her computer there were many documents that she had to handle in a long queue to get approval from her.

'She had fallen asleep past her break, and she seemed to have no intention of working... I think I have to work late again.'

Thinking up there, Secretary Elise felt helpless and quietly sighed resignedly.

Secretary Elise fixed her glasses and thoughtlessly refocused herself, "Guild Master, there's a report coming in..."

Lin Xian'er did not move.

Secretary Elise continued, "There is movement from them..."

Lin Xian'er was silent for a moment.

Then she pretended as if she had just woken up and slowly opened her eyes. Looking toward Secretary Elise, she let out a startled voice as she had just realized there was someone else in her room.

Lin Xian'er yawned then stretched her body lazily, she said, "Oh? Miss Secretary? Since when have you been here? Hmm... looks like you were talking about something? Can you say it again?"

Secretary Elise,"...."

'Guild Master, your lies can be clearly seen.'

But before Secretary Elise replied to her question, Lin Xian'er continued, "Hmm... Did you say there was a report coming in from there?"

Secretary Elise,"...."

'Ask yourself and answer yourself, it is obvious that you are pretending to sleep to avoid your work.'

Hearing no answer from her secretary, Lin Xian'er raised her head and stared at Secretary Elise with her watery eyes, which made her look cute because she had just woken up.

Secretary Elise took a deep breath while ignoring the sweet image of her boss that she was showing off.

With a serious expression, Secretary Elise tried to open her mouth again and said—

Lin Xian'er suddenly clapped her hands and then exclaimed, "Ah, I think they have realized something. Hmm... isn't this a very timely coincidence? Today is the last day for Mei Mei to practice at that secret place. Hmm... How did they know?"

Secretary Elise,"...."

Lin Xian'er, "They've waited too long and until now didn't give up at all. Hmm... should I tell Mei Mei and tell her to be vigilant?"

Secretary Elise,"...."

Lin Xian'er, "But this is the last day for her to be able to move freely without any interference from the Mercenary Guild. From her personality, if I told her to hide or return to the guild, she would definitely go to move by herself without saying anything."

Secretary Elise,"...."

Lin Xian'er, "Oh, whatever, she has already reached Grade A Spirit User. She already had enough strength to be able to protect herself. I think, without having to tell her, she can handle the problem on her own. Moreover, she also has a white knight who without her knowing it, always watching her in secret. So that, even without me, she would be fine."

After speaking at length alone, Lin Xian'er again focused her gaze on Secretary Elise.

She slowly asked, "You agree with me, don't you, Elise?"

Secretary Elise re-fixed her glass and without changing her serious expression at all she nodded her head, "Guild Master is wise."

Lin Xian'er then gave Secretary Elise the loveliest smile of hers.

Seeing that smile, Secretary Elise understood the intention of her boss.

In her heart, she whispered, 'It seemed like the boss wanted to prank Miss Yue again. Did she do something that upset the Boss? Hmm... Miss Yue, I have tried my best... The rest depends on you.'

.....

In the dark space in a spaceship.

Yue Mei suddenly sneezed, then rubbed her nose while putting on a confused face. 

'There are still people who miss or curse me, huh?'

Ding!

[King of Confusion: Mei, are you sure you want to go there? Alone? Are you crazy??]

[I am beautiful: Black Fox! You are a traitor! What do you mean to go first?? Don't tell me you want to escape?! Damn it! What about next week's mission!! You promised to come!]

[I only want to eat: Little Yue, are you going to stop by Dawn Station? Can you take my stuff stored in locker xx and send it to this place xxxx? When you're done playing around to the entire Eos Universe, then if you come back to the guild and we meet again I'll treat you in return.]

[....]

Seeing and reading the number of incoming messages sent by her fellow mercenaries in the Mercenary Guild from her light communicator, Yue Mei could only smile a little while shaking her head.

With ease, she replied to the message one by one.

Since the spacecraft took off, its journey to this day was still going smoothly. Several hours had passed, but she didn't feel something going to happen.

This was the first time for Yue Mei to come out of the secret training ground to go enjoy the beauty of the outside world on her own without the need to follow the members of the Mercenary Guild.

But this time, looking out the window she frowned, for some reason, since a few minutes ago her instinct told her something was about to happen.

Things like this often happened to her.

With instincts that have been trained for 15 years, and because of these additional abilities, she can survive any dangerous situation.

At that time, in the training mission given to her by Lin Xian'er, there would be at least an operator serving as a communication bridge between Yue Mei and Lin Xian'er.

But this time it was different.

Since she has been released from any mission, it means that she no longer has a cooperative relationship with other team members.

So that now no one can tell her about the situation out there.

Well, she herself did not expect to be told. Because Yue Mei was used to not relying on the help of her aunt.

If Lin Xian'er felt that she wanted to punish or prank her, she could even provide false information about the situation that existed while carrying out the mission. Whether at a critical or bad time, sometimes the information given to her can aggravate the problem.

Therefore, she trained herself to always make spontaneous decisions when carrying out missions and completed them with her own hard work.

Since she didn't tell me about anything, I think now she's still pouting there because her sore spot had been stabbed by me. Yue Mei thought while trying to clearly remember what was happening around her in the nearest period of time at the moment.

Like, those who had hatred for her, those who felt they needed to use her ability forcibly, or those who thought Yue Mei was a hindrance and should be annihilated.

But without waiting for Yue Mei to think more deeply—

BOOM

Suddenly, the entire spacecraft body shook violently.

In an Instant, Yue Mei hold the pilot's seat tightly and stabilized herself.

After everything calmed down, she tried to raise her head and look out the window. She immediately took a deep cold breath. Her relaxed expression turned serious.

Seeing a bunch of battleships out there. She realized that she had been surrounded.

With a single glance, she knew who her enemy was.

Seeing the emblem bluntly displayed on the battleship's body, in an instant she mentioned a name in her mind.

Yue Mei smiled broadly, with her eyes casting a light full of joy as she met the enemy she was destined for.

White Moon Revolutionary Army!

The organization that was the main target and motivation for Yue Mei since she was little, was to practice hard to become stronger.

The main enemy of both her parents.

Yue Mei's first goal after exiting the training ground was to visit them. But it was unexpected that they even came by themselves to meet Yue Mei.

The welcome party given to her could be said to make Yue Mei feel very honored.

In view of the waves of energy emitted by other parties that were openly displayed.

There were at least about two Grade S Spirit users participating, besieging Yue Mei and three or four other Grade A Spirit users...

2