15 Dandelion of Scarlet Flowers 9 – Mr. Gray
7 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

15 Dandelion of Scarlet Flowers 9 - Mr. Gray

 

Verne Oshea didn't completely look down on the weak. At least he admits there were two types of weak people.

First, the weak people who just don't give up to fight hard with their own abilities, even though the results sometimes pay off or end in failure but they still don't give up.

Next was the type of weak people who subconsciously think that they were the ones who need to be protected. There was no need or care to make an effort, as long as their life was calm and happy, it was enough for them.

The last type was the one he most despises.

Especially if they were already weak but enjoy pretending to be superior because of the brand's status and background they had, such a type Verne Oshea completely look down on them.

He didn't blame them, because it was all their choice, nothing was wrong.

But this time he made an exception... The girl in front of him caught his attention.

Verne Oshea inwardly nodded in praise.

But that wasn't enough to impress and amaze him.

The definition of a weak person, how does he assess it? Verne Oshea felt that he could find the answer in Dandelion Horgan.

Because he always thought that Dandelion was in the category of weak people of the second type. But in reality, she was in the first type.

Then something that intrigued him was still hiding inside Dandelion Horgan that was in front of him, he would not give up easily and would continue to look for the answer.

'Even with the cost of being beaten up by that muscle-brained old man, I think it's worth it.'

Before Yue Mei could call Scott Horgan, a strange male with black hair and blue eyes suddenly appeared before her and extended his hand to Yue Mei.

"Little sister Dandelion, nice to meet you. As in the rumors, you look so beautiful and heroic like a brave goddess, ah, right, this is our first meeting I guess, you can call me 'Gray', greetings." Verne Oshea smiled cordially at Yue Mei.

Yue Mei,"...??"

'Who is this? Moreover... Little Sister...?'

Then she quietly activated and used the [Eyes of Destiny]. Only then did she know that the handsome man with black hair and blue eyes in front of her was Verne Oshea in disguise.

'He used the illusion stone? Is he hiding? From who? Does that have anything to do with the chaos going on in Capital City?'

In Dandelion Horgan's memory, Verne Oshea and herself should have had a relationship like senior and junior.

'Why is he now so close and friendly to me? Moreover, he is not the type who can admit women easily, or rather he has always underestimated noble ladies, but now...'

Yue Mei watched carefully the man before her.

Seeing the outstretched hand of Verne Oshea, Yue Mei awkwardly stretched out her hand and shook hands with him.

'Whatever he's up to, let's play with him for a while.' She thought.

Verne Oshea after getting Yue Mei's hand, inwardly judged, 'Hmm... Quite small and soft. But how did she defeat yesterday's enemy with this weak hand? Heh, very interesting.'

"Nice to meet you, Mr. Gray."

Yue Mei replied with Dandelion Horgan's signature smile filled with friendliness and tenderness.

Before they both pulled their hands together. Verne Oshea's hand was suddenly struck.

"Damn Pervert Old Man! Get your hands off my sister!" Scott Horgan shouted, quickly hugging Yue Mei. Like he was afraid that Yue Mei would be stained and taken from him.

Verne Oshea with his stiff smile, "...."

The servants and guards of the House of Horgan broke out in cold sweat, "...."

[Mind Chat Room]

Lazy Grave Keeper:... Ah (⊙ヮ⊙)

Little Snow:... Kyuu. {´◕ ◡ ◕`}

Dandelion Horgan: (turns her head sideways)

Yue Mei:... Oh.

A few seconds later...

Lazy Grave Keeper: BHAHAHAHAHAHAHA... HAHA... HA... Pervert... O-old Man... Bhahaha, this boy... very interesting. He's so brave, incredible! I totally agree, brother! Aah~

Little Snow: Kyuu?? ( ̄■ ̄;)?

Dandelion Horgan: (wishes there was an empty hole she could inhabit)

Yue Mei: (coughs, holding her laughter)

Slowly and calmly, he rubbed his hand with a clean handkerchief. After doing it all, Verne Oshea then holds one of Scott Horgan's shoulders.

Seeing that Scott Horgan flinched.

He tightened his arms, then called out threateningly, "W-what are you doing, huh? Pervert Old Man, don't forget that you're currently in the Horgan's house!"

With a friendly smile on his face, it was just that his smile did not reach his eyes.

Verne Oshea said softly and quietly, "Well, Colonel Horgan, of course, I know. It is impossible for me to do something that threatens the security of the inhabitants of the Heasta Empire. Moreover, you yourself are none other than the subordinate of 'Lord Oshea'. Surely if 'Lord Oshea' wanted to do something then it had to be in accordance with military regulation."

The tone of his voice sounds cheerful, like an old friend talking with his best friend.

From the outside there was no visible awkwardness, it's just that the hand that was placed on Scott Horgan's shoulder tightened even more.

Scott Horgan's body became tense.

'What does 'Lord Oshea' mean?'

Hearing that he just remembered that the man in front of him was his superior, especially since some time ago he eagerly attacked him until he was exhausted.

Well since he thought Verne Oshea was disguised and pretending to be someone else, he also had to act like he was looking at him with a view of seeing someone other than 'Lord Oshea'.

Because of that frame of mind, he bravely attacked Verne Oshea without any fear. He forgot even though from the outside he was not his boss, inside the core was still his most cruel and most devil boss.

Cold sweat rolled down from his forehead to the tip of his chin, and Scott Horgan's angry expression turned pale and nervous.

Seeing the way the two of them were chatting, Yue Mei couldn't help but let out a little laugh.

The attention of both tall and handsome men was diverted towards her.

Scott Horgan forgot his nervous feelings and directly asked Dandelion's condition, "Dandelion, are you okay?"

From inside Yue Mei thought, 'It seems that Scott Horgan already recognized Verne Oshea and pretended to be acting with him.'

Yue Mei replied with her gentle smile, "Un, Big Brother doesn't need to worry, I'm fine."

Scott Horgan scanned Dandelion's expression, seeing she wasn't pretending to be strong. Only then did he sigh with relief and release his sister.

"I heard you were looking for me? Do you need anything?"

"Un, can we talk inside?"

"Ok, let's go inside."

Then Scott took his sister by the hand and guide her into the manor.

Verne Oshea without being told to follow the two of them from behind.

At that moment, as if he had just remembered something, Scott Horgan stopped walking, turned around, and faced Verne Oshea.

With a serious expression, he said, "General, I think you still have some business, don't you? Because something happened in Capital, why don't you continue your journey there?"

Verne Oshea looked calmly into Scott Horgan's eyes.

Scott Horgan did not relent after being stared at by his superiors, he bravely looked back at Verne Oshea without diverting him.

Verne Oshea chuckled, "You don't have to worry about my personal matters. I gave it to Alma and Tony. And since I'm still on leave, you could say I still have a lot of free time?"

Scott Horgan's face turned black.

He understood what Verne Oshea meant. Once the boss decides, no one can change his decision.

Scott Horgan can only grunt displeasedly, and resignedly let him act as he pleases.

Secretly in his heart, he devised several plans to get him away from his little sister.

They walked into the hall.

The servants and maids prepare various meals and drinks on the tables.

Yue Mei silently observed the servants and maids serving them one by one.

She secretly activated his [Eyes of Destiny] skill, without anyone knowing it, from the outside there was no difference at all.

Her eyes were still sky blue like those of Dandelion Horgan.

After everything was ready, Scott Horgan waved his hand. The servants including Lily and Randall naturally left the room.

"Dandelion, what do you want to talk about? Tell Brother, I'll definitely help you to the best of my ability!" Asked Scott Horgan with a serious face.

Yue Mei softly nodded, "Yes, Elder Brother!"

Then she put on a slightly hesitant face and found it difficult to ask what she wanted to ask.

Seeing that, Scott Horgan could only sigh resignedly, as if he understood what Dandelion had in mind.

"If you want to ask about yesterday's attack until now Grandpa Marvin and I are still looking for the reason."

Yue Mei put on a surprised face, she furrowed her eyebrows, "Then... Who tried to save me and the others?"

Hearing that question Scott Horgan's feelings got complicated.

Beside them, Verne Oshea raised his eyebrows, putting on a face full attention. Looked towards Dandelion Horgan who was currently putting on a worried and slightly pale face.

'She really doesn't remember it?'

Then he turned to Scott Horgan and came to a conclusion.

'Seems like my guess was quite right, there's something unique hidden inside Dandelion Horgan and Scott knows it. Is that the target I'm looking for?'

Yue Mei clasped tightly the hem of her clothes feeling very nervous, "Big Brother?"

Scott didn't answer right away. He leaned his back against the back of the sofa then raised his hand and rubbed it against his face, his expression a little complicated plus there was a hint of sadness and self-blame.

"Who told you that? Was it Lily, right?"

Yue Mei was a little surprised and confused, but still, she nodded her head.

"Well, she must think you were hiding your real power and thought you're really strong. In fact, she herself did not know anything. The only ones who know about your true condition and situation are Me, Dad, and Grandpa Marvin."

Yue Mei's eyes were wide open, she raised both her hands and covered her mouth putting on a very surprised and slightly scared face. Her pale face became increasingly pale.

Yue Mei subconsciously muttered, "... Dad? Even Grandpa Marvin?..."

Then she asked, "So what Lily said is true? I'm with my own hands..."

Yue Mei interrupted her words because she felt that what she said next was very hard to believe.

Her body shook slightly, her mouth occasionally opening and closing as if she wanted to say something but she didn't know what to say.

Seeing such a Dandelion, Scott felt helpless and sorry for her.

Scott inwardly shook his head, 'If only the events of that time had never happened, which had left him so traumatized that he instinctively refused to remember it again and felt that he had no desire to be strong. Things like now wouldn't happen... But alas, haaah.'

 

# Lazy has something to say:

I'm sorry, I didn't expect it to take this long to adjust the story. And even now, I still haven't finished it. For this month, I think it's only an additional 2 chapters, but actually I want to reshuffle the story again. (cough) This is my second novel, I didn't expect the fate to be the same as the previous novel (Web Novel: The Inside of The Book). But this time I'm not giving up, and I really want to finish at least part 1 - the Dandelion Arc. Even though it will take quite a while, I won't give up. I'm sorry, so I'll adjust the update time to [Random], no longer 2/3 chapters per week. See you at the next meeting~

0