Chapter 5: The Desperation for Power
23 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

2 days later~

You could see Lowe who was alone in the forest, he was currently resting in the tree branches. "Mental Fatigue… hunting those lizards was too much for me as usual. But with 2 days having passed, I may only have hunted so little." He was struggling to find more Arch Lizards.

>>Let us make a sacrifice, Feed us 100 Hearts of the Arch Lizard< [18/100]

REWARDS: 2+ Points.

"So far I have only hunted 18 of them, and it might even take me a single month just to finish this quest alone, I must find a way to kill them faster. Relying too much in my inheritance, I need to train my own body as well, especially in speed and Strength. Combining Speed and Strength is plausible for more stronger attacks, but for Magic I don't have a single idea on how to use it even." 

He finally had enough rest for his mental fatigue and he continued his hunt for the Arch Lizards. 

"This forest has so much effect around its area, especially the Hallucination, and Descending to one's madness. It's probably thanks to the book that saved me in the first place. No matter how much twisted the one who sent me in here, it seems to be guiding me to become stronger, and even avoiding a near death situation." He appreciated that the book is keeping him safe from the past, when he went insane in the forest, it's still not justified to keep him in this world.

He then summoned the 3 shadow hands, and in their hands was the dagger it was covered in blood. "It's going to be rusty at this point, and even destroy the sharpness if I keep using it. Luckily I haven't found a single monster that has tough scales to pierce." 

"My suppression of my hunger, it's very useful. The Iron Stomach doesn't only let me eat raw animal meat, it can also extend the period of time of my hunger without eating for days."

He runs through the forest once more and this time even deeper than before. Ever since those past 2 days he had more knowledge on how to use his abilities, and his environment In the area. 

He runs towards a tree, and he peeked beside it and saw a lone Arch Lizard, it seems to be dead in the open area. 

"How did this lizard die?" He approaches the dead body of an Archfiend, and he grabs the heart of it and offers it to the book.

Until A group of Arch Lizards ambushed him from all sides and fired their fireball at him.

"A Trap!" He quickly ducks down and avoids death itself.

"They are way too intelligent!" He runs away once more, and this time 3 Arch Lizards were chasing him, as they fired fireballs at the same time and tried to knock Lowe down on the ground.

Their bloodlust could be felt, as it made Lowe felt and shivered down in his spine. "Those Lizards! are aware of me in this forest and hunting me down!?" He was surprised, but it was just his own deduction.

The 3 Arch Lizards chased him, but something is changing. The Arch Lizard in the middle of the group was a bit larger, it was the strongest out of the 3 lizards.

The Arch Lizards chased him, they were desperate to kill such Demons in their territory. 

They kept firing fireballs at him, but he knows the pattern of the attack, as it only goes forward in a straight line, but he must still be on his guard, due to how intelligent those lizards are.

Then he hid behind a tree, and the 3 Arch Lizards spread their formation and they were now starting their hunt pack at him.

But the moment they spread their formation, Lowe charges towards the Arch Lizard that is from his right, the Lizard was shocked, but Lowe spread his shadow domain, and the shadow hands grab the legs of the Arch Lizard, and he spread them to make it fall down. 

"Mine!" He jumped from the air, and he raised his longsword and stabbed the Lizard right through the head, killing it instantly.

The 2 arch Lizards felt threatened, and they began to run in fear. Until finally, a large stomp could be heard and it was running, Lowe felt the danger.

He quickly runs up towards the Tree, until he sees something that shocked him. It was a giant monster, a monster that resembled a T-Rex, and the scales reflected as if they were Arch Lizards. 

The T-Rex chased down the two arch lizards, and it opened its jaw and it fired a large red beam that destroyed the trees without a problem.

The T-Rex was the Apex predator of this forest. "Just what the fuck?" He was terrified at the T-rex just firing a beam in its mouth.

"Is that even a goddamn Bootleg of a Godzilla now?" He made a joke despite his depressing situation.

Then the book emerges from his hands. "So you've met the Highest Evolution of the Forest, the Arch Rex. Even some middle Class demons wouldn't be able to harm that monster easily." 

"Thanks for telling me the information, I'll keep that in mind then."

"My Apostle is thanking me now?! I'm very flattered to hear it!" 

"..."

"I wanna take back what I said." He thought. 

"Is there really no way for me to get stronger?"

"My apostle is now set in his mind to get stronger, but there is a way… If your body can even handle it in the first place."

"What is it?" He asked.

"Make a Sacrifice."

"What kind of sacrifice?"

"Sacrifice your own Mind, Heart, Body, and become Death itself." 

"What?" Such an ominous statement that made him shiver out of fear.

"I told you, you're my apostle… by sacrificing those you will achieve the fastest way of becoming stronger."

"By abandoning what makes me alive in the first place, is the price for that power?"

"Of course."

"Then I'll decline that offer, I'm not ready yet to accept such an offer that would break my own self."

"I knew you would say that my Apostle, and that's why I chose you! A strong belief and will, yet I wanted to break those and make you feel even more despair, and drive you to your death and your soul shall be forged into the fire of the abyss!" 

The book wasn't making a joke, it was a serious statement. Lowe has a strong resolve, despite getting intimidated by the book, he will stay in his humanity as long as he can.

"Now, it's time for you to hunt more Arch Lizards, and also good luck not getting found by the Arch Rex, or I won't be able to save you this time." 

The book then disappeared, while Lowe continued his hunt for the Arch Lizards. 

.

.

.

Somewhere in the Forest, Anna Crow and the Lion beast were watching the forest tightly. "That boy, it seems he keeps hunting some lizards, especially those Arc Lizards." Said by the lion beast.

"Do you have any idea on why he is doing that Fraum?" Anna said the name of the Lion beast that was guarding her.

"I have no idea, but ever since he came back. His power has gotten stronger and his attacks are more deadly, and he isn't wasting any movements. It made me think he was a High Lower Class Demon, but that's not the case, he is still just a normal Demon." Fraum answered.

"I see, should we watch him more? Since we haven't seen him for like a day, perhaps he is inside the deeper part of the forest." Anna suggested

"He would have probably been dead by then, but he is an abnormal and I have check his history, he is living alone in the 4th sector area, and his name was Lowe Fallentear." 

"So his name is Lowe Fallentear, so Fallentear why do I feel like I have heard that family name?" 

"It's probably one of the lesser clan names." 

"Probably." 

"Lowe Fallentear, looks like I need to investigate it with my own hands then." Anna stated in her thoughts. 

.

.

.

Somewhere in a void like place, where light doesn't even reach only darkness spreading through it.

"My Apostle is getting better, and better." It was a beautiful woman, with dark hair and dark eyes with pale skin, and her ears are sharp and pointy, and the pupils are shaped like an upside down cross. Her hair was very long that reached to her feet, accompanied by a sleeveless dark dress and a clear view of the cleavage.

"Keep me entertain my Cute Rabbit… Lowe Fallentear." 

She grasped the spherical object and turned it into dust. 

"I can't wait to meet you in person."

1