The Wet Spider
7 1 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

For hours long...

" Stay still will you!!!!! " I try to attack the spider but its movements are very fast, I couldn't hit it.

While fighting, I noticed that my area of attack is limited since, on the place's very floors, there are some places that are already filled with webs which I try deeply to avoid.

" These webs, there are too many of them on the floors. "

" If I don't find a way to wipe them all out, then there's no way I could move freely in this place. "

During my confusion, I think of many ways to deal with the webs while preparing myself for the spider that runs here and there to confuse me.

"( The spider is moving like to provoke me. )"

"( I wonder..., is the spider's movements had patterns or some sort? )" I think to myself as I see around, hoping to learn the spider's every movement. For minutes I try to analyze it and learned that the spider's pattern is to circle its prey. provoking them to step in its web that is sprayed on the floor which is covered by the water since this place is nearly flooded due to this place being near the pool.

"( Using the flood of dirty water to mask the web on the floor huh?)"

"( Very Smart...)" I say to myself as I then decide that I can attack it by actively hunting it, I need to be more passive for the moment and use the very thing that I can use without actively chasing the monster's movement as I cut my hand to release the Sacrifice Lamb Blood inside me, the blood that it is said had the flavor to attract many monsters.

After spilling the blood into the waters, I see that the spider smelled it as it then was drugged by my blood's very flavor which is good news for me as I see it breaking its pattern and deciding to attack me frontally.

< Enemy has been drugged by the Sacrifice Lamb Blood >

< Drug Effect 40 MIN >

" Guess being a Bait is a good thing after all!!!! " I say to myself while preparing myself to attack the spider which I did just I dodged the coming spider and attack its leg in order to make it unable to move.

"( The spider's greatest assets are its feet, I must dismantle all of them or else it will be hard to even attack it. )"

At that time, when the spider is still drugged by my blood I quickly dismantle all of its feet, hoping that with that I will be able to kill it without any disturbance, but sadly the drug effect is nearly over as it immediately left me with its two feet still standing.

Seeing it run away, I see that from the waters, there's a Liquid Slime come into the arena I see the Boss Spider catch it and eat it, regenerating two of its lost feet, making it have four legs out of six for now.

" Dammit, it can regenerate!!!! " I was shocked, seeing the Boss regenerate using the help of the Slime that suddenly appears. While seeing that, I also see that there's a pack of Liquid Slime approaching me from twelve o'clock (from behind).

Seeing those things, inspired by the Spider Boss's actions I then let the slime approach me as I grabbed one of them and starts to eat it as it immediately heals my HP

< HP+65 >

< EXP +55 >

< (!) ALARM (!) >

< Congratulations, you learned a new skill >

< Skill: Feed [Active] -- lvl.1 >

< This skill enables the user to gain abilities or skills by eating a monster and extracting its traits with the chance of success of 35% >

< Cost: 20 EP >

< Cooldown: 20 MIN >

..

< Congratulations, you unlocked a new skill >

< Skill: Water Swallow [Active] -- lvl.1 >

< This skill enables the user to absorb nearby water, this skill heals the user by 100 HP >

< Cost: -40 GP >

< Cooldown: 25 MIN >

"( It worked... )" I say to myself as I eat all of the slimes that come to me, thank the System the Slimes are typically brainless which immediately allows me to restore my HP and increase my own EXP.

" Oh my, this is great!!!! "

" With my EXP near the end, I can Level Up again after defeating this Boss!!! "

" But first!!! " I say to myself as I use the <Water Swallow> to swallow the water flood, draining it until I can see the hidden webs inside it as I also fully restore my HP.

< HP Fully Restored >

" Nice, now as the water is drained, I can see where the spider sprayed its web on this place's very floor!!!!! " Ragna said after analyzing the web's spots while the Spider Boss then decides to attack him.

Seeing it attacks, Ragna then decides to attack it too using his sword to smash and bash the spider's legs, cutting it all in order to subdue it without a problem.

"( C'mon you can do it!!!! )"

"( Just cut the last leg and this Boss will be done for!!!!!! )" Saying that to myself, I immediately swing my blade to cut the last leg as I cut the very limb that made the spider able to move. Losing it, the spider can only lie on the ground as I deal the final blow.

" This is the end!!!! "

" With you die, I will get out of here!!!! " Ragna says to the Boss but in his last effort, the spider then immediately uses its trump card as the spider unleashes many webs not only from its mouth but also from its back covering itself with it as it cocooned itself.

< Water Web Cocoon >

" The spider, it turned into a cocoon!? " I shoutingly asked, seeing the insect covering itself in a cocoon as the System then shows me that I need to destroy the cocoon with everything I got.

< Water Web Cocoon >

< HP: 900 >

< Destroy the Cocoon to prevent the Spider from transforming. >

< 35 MIN >

" Oh damn, what do I do now!!!? "

" The time here is only 35 minutes. " As I said that, my sweat drolls like hell, as I looked at my skills hoping that I could drain the Web's water but it seems the skill does not have any effect besides healing me as the cocoon's HP still not decreased.

" Shit, guess I have no choice but to attack it with all of my strength!!!! " I conclude to myself to attack it with my attacks even though I know that the time won't be enough.

" I had to try, otherwise the Boss will become something worse than before!!! "

" I Level Up To Fight The Gods." Webnovel At for Chapter 26: The Wet Spider.

1