No Longer a Bait (2)
11 1 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

( In the Afternoon. )

" Tha boy, Ragna Kent is very diligent, isn't he? " said one of the Hunter association admins.

" Indeed." the other replies to her as they see Ragna who had just come back from the Normal Dungeon after some constant leveling.

"( Fvck this sh*t really? )" Ragna looks at his status after a long time farming some EXP which he sees that his current level is.

< Level: 33 >

"( Dammit, this is not good!!!! )" Ragna says as he bursts out to the Mission Hall to apply for more Raid as Twelve then talks to him to be patient.

"( Be patient Current Me, even though you only had Twelve Years to do this before the Reboot but being reckless is fatal. )" Twelve advises Ragna as he rushes towards the Mission Hall as he picks the C-Rank Mission.

" Umm... Mr.Kent, that mission is for a C-Rank .... "

" Are you sure you want to take it? " the admin asks Ragna which he replied yes as the mission is to enter a Blue Gate ( Rare Dungeon ) where the Hunter's Dungeon Detection Device detects that the Dungeon is a *[Ruin], a Ruin which the Device analyzed to be one of the Ruins after the battle of the Aesir with the Deviants and their Demonic Monsters.

Hearing that, Ragna then quickly accepted the mission despite Twelve's warning about not being reckless, but instead, Ragna counters him by saying that if it's true that he had only Twelve Years before the reboot then by logic he must have to work hard to achieve to level 100 before even 6 years and ascend to higher levels which Twelve then can only go silent since Ragna is right to think that way.

"( He is right, he only had Twelve Years before the reboot so it is very logical that he needs to get stronger, to be par with The Diviners ... )"

"( Even before six years, for I believe the Diviners level must be above 100. )" Twelve thinks to himself as he agrees with Ragna's decision to enter the Rare Dungeon which he then asks him to be careful and reminds him to always follow his instructions during the Raid.

" Roger that ... " Ragna said with a low voice, as the admin brings him into the Raid Party which made him shocked as he sees William Clarke and Hugo Butcher, two of the people he hated most during his Junior Highschool days as he then decides to tighten his mask, a mask that he brought from home earlier since he currently had a cough right now.

" Are you the last member? " asked Hugo as he was the leader of this Party Ragna then says yes while coughing.

" Are you alright? I don't know why but aren't you sick right now? " Hugo asks which Ragna said that it is okay, telling him it was just flu and nothing for him to be worried off.

After answering that, since the people required in this Raid Party are complete, Hugo decides to waste no more time and just go straight inside the truck where they will all be transported into the recently-opened Blue Gate in the R district.

As they went there, William then ease the tension as he tries to motivate the other Hunters that this Dungeon is just a normal Ruin, a Ruin where the monsters are usually less violent and weaker than any monsters in the Rare Dungeons as he brags about clearing some Ruins these days.

As he speaks, the people there look at him as if they agree with his stories which they believe are true except Ragna who knows that William is lying since he knows William is powerful but very incompetent in fighting large enemies since he knows that his Gift, [Snipe] only works on one enemy, not for many enemies.

"( His Gift is [Snipe] you idiots!!! )" Ragna thinks to himself, teasing the others for being easily fooled by William's bragging.

"( His Gift may be strong, but it can only work on aiming at one enemy as the Gift only gives a fatal shot to one and to one enemy only. )" Ragna says as he remembers that William's Gift is weakened if his target is many which will decrease the damage of his shots despite giving the enemy equal damage.

For his claims about being able to able to clear some ruins, Ragna knows that all of it is wrong since the clearing part is Hugo's work since he's a Berserker which means he is very powerful on his brute strength and power while William here is only his support in case some enemies attacked him from his blind spot.

As he thinks of that, he then hears William telling the others that he and Butcher will protect them inside the Dungeon Ragna and then curses him on his own mind while looking at the other seven members.

"( No he won't. )" Ragna says in his mind as he knows the bad things about William.

"( He may be a C-Rank unlike most of us, but I can assure you that he and Hugo are natural-born traitors who always prey on the lower ranks. )" he says in his mind, remembering clearly his past days as a Bait where he on one occasion see them kill the other Hunters to gain their loot.

Back then, he stays silent in his hiding place to evade their detection just like he is now, covering his face with a mask in order to not let them identify him by seeing his full face.

"( What a goddamn bastards, aren't they? )" Twelve asks me as I tell him the things I know about them for being a parasite, a ravaged scum who takes everything from the weak for their own desires.

"( After we arrived in the Dungeon, we must find a way to evade them. )"

"( Any Ideas, Twelve? )" Ragna asks his older self as he tells him to position himself behind the others in order to be the last one surviving if the two C-Rank Hunters did betray the whole party in this Raid which I agreed to him as I will still be silent since the Truck had arrived on the Dungeon Gate.

" We're here! " Hugo and William shout as they then meet with the Gate Securities, asking them about some things about the Ruins as the security tell them that the Gate is clear for the Hunters to go Hugo and William then enter the Gate first as the leader of the Party.

After they went in, since Ragna is the last of his line, he then takes time to look around and sees some of the Gate security being suspicious before entering the Gate himself after concluding the things he saw.

< Entering Dungeon >

< Scanning the whole Area to be mapped >

1